Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Wild Cookie Appears

Cookies are nice. Welcome and hello!

Storywise i liked to read both the howard chronicles and the deCamp/Carter follow-ups. No favorite though.
    Savage sword of conan also manages to adapt well to some original stories.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd July 2013 at 07:15.

Welcome Biscuit .. So what are your visions and plans to improve the Community from the FunCom side?

Hello there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5e6ftNpGsU

As to REH's Conan stories, here's some parts I enjoy:

* The introduction to Black Colossus, where Shevatas enters the ivory dome in Kuthchemes. The intro is very atmospheric, sadly the story itself isn't all that great.

* The depiction of Belit in Queen of the Black Coast. Sure, she's as saucy as all female characters in REH's work (can you think of a single female which REH doesn't describe as "supple"?). But at least she can hold her own in a fight.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Welcome, i like cookies too. To crush the cookies, see them driven into my mouth, and to hear the lamentation of their cooks.

Just keep the cookies rolling and we will get along fine, but if the cookies stop... http://youtu.be/W1T_no7a-yM
    Last edited by Civilix; 22nd July 2013 at 10:27.
    I am Stian ingame...

Out of curiosity, I looked at Secret World and Anarchy Online forums and this exact same thread is posted on them too. Yet no one on those forums is taking a dump into the new PRer's introduction thread about things that has absolutely nothing to do with PR. Moral of the story: AoC community is terrible.

As for Conan stories: I'd say the one shot comic called "Storyteller", a sort of tribute to R.E.Howard, would be favorite. Howard features as a villager who loves stories and legends, then his village gets attacked because Conan happened to be passing by with some demons on his trail, therefore giving Howard a chance to witness one of those stories he loves firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Out of curiosity, I looked at Secret World and Anarchy Online forums and this exact same thread is posted on them too. Yet no one on those forums is taking a dump into the new PRer's introduction thread about things that has absolutely nothing to do with PR. Moral of the story: AoC community is terrible.

As for Conan stories: I'd say the one shot comic called "Storyteller", a sort of tribute to R.E.Howard, would be favorite. Howard features as a villager who loves stories and legends, then his village gets attacked because Conan happened to be passing by with some demons on his trail, therefore giving Howard a chance to witness one of those stories he loves firsthand.
    AOC community is terrible? That couldn't be further than the truth, and I should report you for trolling. We actually care about the game. Have been loyal for 5 plus years, and have offered, numerous times, advice on changes we would have liked to have seen. Today, we get a new community manager, he needs to understand the community and what we want or expect, so he can relay that back up. I doubt he is here for you to tell him what story you liked, other than curiosity. It has no real way to add value to the game itself. If he really cared about the story, he could post in a dozen other conan threads elsewhere on the Internet where readers would be more inclined to engage in a conversation about the story.

However, many of us have spent hundreds (hours and dollars) on this game, and we have a level of expectation like any other product we invest or spend on.

So please get off your high horse, don't knock others, tell him your story, but do it without ripping those of us who care about what the forums actually represent, the video game.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    AOC community is terrible? That couldn't be further than the truth, and I should report you for trolling. We actually care about the game. Have been loyal for 5 plus years, and have offered, numerous times, advice on changes we would have liked to have seen. Today, we get a new community manager, he needs to understand the community and what we want or expect, so he can relay that back up. I doubt he is here for you to tell him what story you liked, other than curiosity. It has no real way to add value to the game itself. If he really cared about the story, he could post in a dozen other conan threads elsewhere on the Internet where readers would be more inclined to engage in a conversation about the story.

However, many of us have spent hundreds (hours and dollars) on this game, and we have a level of expectation like any other product we invest or spend on.

So please get off your high horse, don't knock others, tell him your story, but do it without ripping those of us who care about what the forums actually represent, the video game.
    AoC's setting is an asset vs other MMOs, so there really is no point in getting upset about a Funcom employee addressing it.

And sorry to say, the new Community Manager is not going to fix PvP for you. But you didn't expect that anyway. So who's really trolling here?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

ok so what now? A wild cookie disappears?
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    ok so what now? A wild cookie disappears?
    *BURRRRP* Ooops...
    Skua - Bear Shaman (Bloodline)
    Misscreantt - Guardian (TRIBUNAL)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrynn View Post
    *BURRRRP* Ooops...
    aint you got no manners? Cover your mouth when you *BURRRRP*
    Retired

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast