Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a way to different between my flesh of worms and the one of the other necros

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Lets see your parse then.
    check around other threads, wont bother reposting or posting more just for you.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Lol GG. Rage more and QQ over a single feat because you don't like it.

Spam more life stealers and spec like everyone else and continue to be bad.

Not posting anymore either for you cause you won't bother trying anything other than the same **** build youve had forever.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Not posting anymore either for you cause you won't bother trying anything other than the same **** build youve had forever.
    i actualy did tried every single spell there is on necro tested and retested it
    icestrike > plague

but like i said i dont care about what you choose to feat or use
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

on my testlive necro with no aa's and erlic armor
    Code:
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 829 frost damage.
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 2280 frost damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 1004 unholy damage.
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 2491 frost damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 1109 unholy damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 974 unholy damage.
    so every 20 secs you get to use an extra spell to refresh ftw wich doesnt hardly ever crit and only scales based on base spell damage
    icestrike > plague

my full aa full t4 necro
    Code:
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1687 frost damage.
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 3936 frost damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 1096 unholy damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 1112 unholy damage.
    Your Plague Swarm crits Straw Man for 1994 unholy damage.
    Your Plague Swarm crits Straw Man for 2010 unholy damage.
    seems with aa's and t4 it crits on my necro without aa's no sw buffs worked on it
    so still icestrike > plague

with sw buffs running on my t4 main+lich+tome

Code:
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 5908 frost damage.
    Your Plague Swarm crits Straw Man for 2174 unholy damage.
    Your Plague Swarm hits Straw Man for 1121 unholy damage.
    Your Ice Strike (Rank 6) hits Straw Man for 1692 frost damage.
    You gain Ritual of the Lich
    Your Blasphemous Ruin (Rank 5) crits Straw Man for 2468 unholy damage.
    so 3 times in a row
    icestrike > plague

used that build wich is a variation on one of my most used aoe pve builds.

1291388414310643ec13ec414824148886425c647d0642bf14 3711494c145641449d641f8143d814ec4145c9645146438614 4381518214ff4146f81511c14c08

conclusion same as i had before when i tested it like 2+ years ago
    plague swarm not worth feating my icestrike is harder and so is my blasphemous ruin.

now go refresh your ftw with plague because its such a good spell
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Noite, who said that Plague Swarm should replace or do as much damage as an Ice Strike crit? It is 1 point with 100% chance to spread FtW full timer dot, compared to spending 5 for a 50% chance of spreading Infestation. You could of course swap targets to apply FtW on each one and that also takes time, so I can't really understand why you are being so negative to it. On a single target fight or straw man parse there obviously is no need for it. Unless as the op asked, a timer when to recast your FtW because you cannot see which one is yours.

Plague Swarm is probably like Flesh to Worms as well that it gets more damage from raw magic damage and not from the magic damage contributed by the intelligence stat. Thus, Erlik armor will not benefit FtW or Plague Swarm at all.

Just to add, Infestation did with my SC geared necro 50-60 damage per tick, while Flesh to Worms did 170-180 per tick, on the group of dogs right outside Fengdu in KK. If the dot is to run its length thats a difference of

Infestation: 55 x 36 = 1980
    Flesh to Worms: 175 x 36 = 6300

So think of it this way if it helps... Rather than target every mob you want to afflict with the full FtW dot, hit Plague Swarm and do it all with 1 button pushed. And earn 4k+ damage on dots (for each target!), while doing a neat hit though not as high hitting as the Ice Strike because of lower coefficient and probably not being afflicted by magic damage from inteligence.

Btw, what's the cd on Plague Swarm, been so long since I had it spec'd I just don't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    20 seconds.
    Ok, so I guess you could use that spell as a ftw counter. You could also use your pest blast/chill combos as a timer, reapplying ftw every 2nd chill.

I just have an internal timer when I know to reapply ftw, and as Noite stated, you can use ftw "often" to proc parasitic souls for dps.

I haven't used Plague Swarm ever since they changed the add spawns in Hathor Ka. Back in 2010 when T3 first came out, you could have a shitload of adds up at any given time, thus infestation and plague swarm were pretty much needed. Ever since then, I've not needed them spec'd since all the T3 add/trash pulls are a few groups of 2, the boss fights are single target for the most part. Much the same can be said for T4.

As for an in game timer, I wouldn't mind if Funcom could find a way to place your personal dots etc, above your name just as big heal debuffs currently are. Of course, that will never happen as Funcom has too many other things on their plate atm.
    Last edited by Texan615; 20th July 2013 at 12:06.

Yes, thats one way of doing it as well. Or every 3rd Blasphemous Ruin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast