Thread: Been gone 3 years

Default Been gone 3 years

Hello, I have been gone 3 years. My question is, are there add ons for the game? wich server is most populated, and pvp wise is my guard still strong (pvp lvl 2 or 3) I might just start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by notsofunny View Post
    Hello, I have been gone 3 years. My question is, are there add ons for the game? wich server is most populated, and pvp wise is my guard still strong (pvp lvl 2 or 3) I might just start all over again.
    Welcome back. Always good to see ppl coming back. Addons? Addons like custom UI's etc? Or you mean expansion(s)? Yes and Yes. Plenty of great custom ui'S,and at expansion side, Rise of the Godlslayer as main expansion,and some adventure packs that adds new instances,areas to explore and loots.
    Two new servers also, Rage at EU, Deathwish at US.
    Guardian? Was always a killing machine,and it always will be.
    But keep in mind,your pvp rank nowdays is...ahem...ehm....kinda low,since r6-10 announced and Alternative Advanced tree (AA) is all around. Game is great,like always. Nothing to compare with it

wellcome, back.

are there add ons for the game?
    yes they are. Im actually using Stonerune but there are more. You can see them here: http://www.curse.com/addons/aoc

wich server is most populated,
    I think the most populated server is Crom.(PVE server)

and pvp wise is my guard still strong (pvp lvl 2 or 3)
    Im not sure because I dont play pvp often but i think your gurad is going to be the little bich of all t4 geared people and pvp 10 people for while .

I would just add that at level 2-3, you have ahead of you some painful time in PvP. You won't kill much, but you will get farmed by casters and sins.

That was the bad news.
    The good news is that nowadays, you reach level 5 in a couple of weeks, without sweating, and then you can get for almost nothing the base PvP set, which will give you the necessary protection to survive.

To sum up. 1-2 weeks a bit difficult, then you're all good, you'll just need to get back in track skill wise.

About expansion, you have the huge one, called Rise of the Godslayer, and 2 others more modest in size, the coast of Ardashir and the secret of dragon spine.

You want rise of the godslayer, since it's basically a new game. Must have.

You can pass on ardashir, since it adds a very good group dungeon, but not mandatory, and a piece of art of raid called temple or Erlic, which unfortunately you will not see, unless you join a dedicated raiding guild. Very good expansion, but not very high on priority list for a new player or returner.

Then Dragon spine, you want it too, it offers the best quest line in game, tied to Lovecraft lore, plus a couple of awesome group dungeons, and soon another raid instance. Must have for lore lovers and dungeon crawlers.

Thnx for all the info, grabbed the expansion pack, gonna reroll a Ranger I guess.

Think it twice, for the Ranger's gonna get you a truckload of hate.

The class may be solid, efficient and somehow permissive at PvP, but honestly (I can tell it because my main char is a Ranger) it really lacks any challenge PvPing with, except against soldiers, unless you decide not to go the easy "turret mode picking its targets" route. Unfortunately, this is the path most Rangers choose, because it easily earns them a large amount of kills, and that's the reason why they're getting so much hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post

The class may be solid, efficient and somehow permissive at PvP, but honestly (I can tell it because my main char is a Ranger) it really lacks any challenge PvPing with, except against soldiers, unless you decide not to go the easy "turret mode picking its targets" route. Unfortunately, this is the path most Rangers choose, because it easily earns them a large amount of kills, and that's the reason why they're getting so much hate.
    There's two ways to play a ranger, 1: stand back and pew pew like a caster which imo is the noob way and what every ranger does now and get a lot of kills and little deaths, or 2: play as a support ranger pushing with your team, CCing and killing, you still get lots of kills but also die a few bit, however most of the time your team will thank you for this. Ranger is a good class, but it gets boring and stale because your doing the same things over and over again. Other classes not so much.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Janroocas View Post

If she takes the hybrid way to pvp -> lots of fecking fun. And still a lots of kills, but maybe more deaths too but anyway.