Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active blocking

Default Active blocking

Since the revamp of the sprint mechanics, active blocking on PoM uses mana (huge amount of mana, will run out of mana in a couple of seconds) because PoM has no more endurance.

Can't we make it just use energy bar rather? It feels kind of absurd that a shield and blunt wearing class will burn all of his mana just because using this skill that all classes have.

Suppose it is dumb for it to use mana. But, why use it in the first place as it does nothing.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Energy usage would be the logical choice after the revamp.

Another way would be changing how "active blocking" works. like if you press only one key, it does what it does now. Combined with an arrow key it could execute a double tap animation and effect or if done while running, execute a more fitting rolling or dodging animation.

Suppose it is dumb for it to use mana. But, why use it in the first place as it does nothing.
    Not sure why the harsh underrating of it, usually double tap back and use an avtive block, my chances of winning as opposed to not are fairly high, saved my ass tons of times already. Be it the block or the dogde, it does work however.

Unless you also want to tell me Sidestep is bad, then I'll official start ignoring all of your comments from now on

As for topic, first time I noticed I was annoyed by it too, in the end I barely need to use it, as my Ven/Gen build with current gear is next to unable to pull aggro, even if going all out right off the bat on most fights. Only place I can get aggro these days using the retard combination is on Arby and Gyas.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Sidestep is fine but doesn't active blocking do absolutely nothing unless you stack shields (and you happen to stack them where the mob/boss/player hits) ?
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

Active blocking will just increase your chance of blocking physical damage regardless of the direction of the attack. There is no guarantee, and the further you get, the chance of a boss 1 shotting you is fairly high, thus having a feel for aggro is still the best protection you can have.
    It also doesn't work on magic based attacks (that's what sidestep is for), so whenever someone shouts to active block on a magic boss, give him a saucy rant.

However to note, as healer, while you are active blocking all your heals over time will be cut 50% in power for the duration you are blocking.

Stacking shields will lower said physical damage from said stacked shield. As there is next to no fights where bosses hit to 1 side only, this is more of a trap if you can't coordinate it fast, which I haven't seen anyone pull off during raids and so forth as the attention required is simply too high, specially without keybinds to insta shift shields around.
    The "general rule" of crushing damage coming from straigh ahead and slashing/piercing from the sides or whatever is absolute bullcrap and offers no pointers whatsoever.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuls View Post
    Not sure why the harsh underrating of it, usually double tap back and use an avtive block, my chances of winning as opposed to not are fairly high, saved my ass tons of times already. Be it the block or the dogde, it does work however.

Unless you also want to tell me Sidestep is bad, then I'll official start ignoring all of your comments from now on

As for topic, first time I noticed I was annoyed by it too, in the end I barely need to use it, as my Ven/Gen build with current gear is next to unable to pull aggro, even if going all out right off the bat on most fights. Only place I can get aggro these days using the retard combination is on Arby and Gyas.
    Never said I didn't double tap back.. I always do if I pull aggro on a boss, or just bubble. Or else kite, why stand still and take the hit and die?

The only thing active blocking has ever done is drain stam,,, now it apparently drains mana... grats to you if you use it Lol.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 17th July 2013 at 13:42.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Never said I didn't double tap back.. I always do if I pull aggro on a boss, or just bubble. Or else kite, why stand still and take the hit and die?
    Lol because you were noob and pulled.....stand still and take it like a man....running around only annoys your tanks....more often than not pulling aggro back off a kited target is time consuming so they should just let you die anyway.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    Lol because you were noob and pulled.....stand still and take it like a man....running around only annoys your tanks....more often than not pulling aggro back off a kited target is time consuming so they should just let you die anyway.
    I can guarantee you, if I pulled, its the tanks being dumb/falling asleep, very rarely that I do pull on purpose, at least on bosses. T4 trash gonna 1 shot me anyway, so I can only kite it so far, so I just double tap back and end up dying anyway unless a demo goads it off me.

Far from a noob. Love the people that want to judge and argue with me on this forum when they don't know me, my guild or playstyle at all.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Not saying you're a noob as such..just using it as a friendly term of abuse....i just know from experience that no tank likes to chase a target around (not because i play a tank...more so am a noob too and have pulled aggro more than a few times)
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast