Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom Merge the servers or do something

I fall into this trap often. I come back after some event, and it's too quiet. I now realize and remember why this has happened before. It's summer. FC NEVER does anything in the summer. I wish they would hold their events in the fall or winter when people are A. actually playing due to crappy weather outside, and B. FC is actually in the office working.

Remember, this is a Euro company, and they love their summers off.

Yeah, Tyranny was fun for a couple of weeks there, but then it went back to a ghost-town again. I log in maybe once a week these days, if that, so I guess according to FC I am an "active player".

Nothing to see here, everything's fine...
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

So y'all didn't read the devletter saying that the merge will happen sometime during the summer? Thats the plan. It was just two weeks ago and he also pointed out the reasons for the merge taking time.

I think they needed a week downtime for all the stuff to get merged and they are working on ways to reduce it.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Even if they do merge the servers...it won't draw in new subs, only make the existing ones feel like their server is more active.

I want to see something that is a legitimate shot at boosting life back into the game, generating new subs and being successful.

I love this damn game...but it could be so much better.

People think that there is something wrong with the game, I myself dont see a point in bringing up failed promises like pvp towers in 1.0. I guess I just realize that the true failure of the game was when the original devs abandoned as well with it all the games potential because it didn't turn out the way they wanted and had little interest to fix it. I'm surprised the game lastest as long as it considering it's history so it's one of those bitter sweet things where I'm thankful they are doing what they can to keep it going 5 years later but on the other hand no success in sight, many of said this is just a last merge when u think about it. In a year they will be dead too, so I'm just going to enjoy the game while I still can. Being pissed that the merge didn't happen is pointless, I'm pissed at all the players who gave up and left, merging wont bring them back im sorry.

I honestly think the games downfall was the system requirements. Part of the reason games like wow are so successful is because everyone can run the game. AoC was limited to a small margin of playerbase since the beginning ever since we couldnt seige. AoC will become more popular once technology gets cheaper and catches up and everyone can run the game but in order for that to happen it NEEDS to be F2P all the way through, none of this you pay a sub to get any content bs. Nobody wants to pay for an mmo these days, and the aoc devs are living in the past and that's what is mostly hurting the game from my own personal point of view.
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 15th July 2013 at 19:52.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post

First you waited months to "move" the EU server to US

You pretty much just told your EU player base to F off with horrible latency.
    This is so true!

It's all part of their epic plan to do merges and achieve single server all at once:

- wait until all servers are empty
    - shutdown all servers but one

Done.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

They should try selling some stuff (like 60days or so, premium + rotgs + turan instead of that crap "tortage survival pack") for couple euros on steam's summer sale. Without agressive marketing they won't attract new players and without new players... well, we are already at this point.

It makes me sad that after 5 years there is just so many gamers who actually NEVER heard about AoC.

Also, I miss getting regular updates/patches. Regular updates are one of the main reasons why people keep playing some games for years.

Back to the topic, I can't wait to play with US folks, though I'm concern what's gonna happen next. There is no more servers left. Funcom has to do SOMETHING if they want this game (and company) alive.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Also, I miss getting regular updates/patches. Regular updates are one of the main reasons why people keep playing some games for years.
    We will never get this, with the current team size, split across AO, AOC, and TSW. Not possible.

Hell, at this point, expecting anything more than one update a year is an exercise in futility.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Tyranny went downhill after the world boss event. I'm sure people will return though once merges happen. There's just nothing going on really besides hopping along a deserted town.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast