Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    What's funny is that ESO is 20 GB download, while AOC, a 5 year old game, is 25 gb download. I think that shows how far ahead AOC was back in the days. Also my laptop show that it can run ESO on Ultra, but maximum view distance in the game appears to be about 100m.............................................. .......
    It's only beta client . Says under minimum specs 60gb hard drive space.

I enjoyed Morrowind but every ES game after that has not been as good. Oblivion felt small and rushed, Skyrim looked nice but it got boring real fast.

As for ESO, I'm not a fan of open ended classes. I enjoy class base combat that puts limits on the scope of your job and purpose. Also, the game has no collision, so that takes 50% of the skill out of targeting spells correctly and movement right there.

I might play it just to try it out, but I'm not happy with how newer MMO's keep insisting on no collision detection and open ended classes.
    Doomsayer 2008

"It's like a cheap version of Skyrim"
    -AngryJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I enjoyed Morrowind but every ES game after that has not been as good. Oblivion felt small and rushed, Skyrim looked nice but it got boring real fast.

As for ESO, I'm not a fan of open ended classes. I enjoy class base combat that puts limits on the scope of your job and purpose. Also, the game has no collision, so that takes 50% of the skill out of targeting spells correctly and movement right there.

I might play it just to try it out, but I'm not happy with how newer MMO's keep insisting on no collision detection and open ended classes.
    I'm the opposite. I hate being pigeon-holed by class. Probably why my conk has an almost schizophrenic number of specs I cycle through.

Agree about the collision though, that just seems like cheap/lowest common denominator gameplay.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Is AoC the only mmo that has collision right ?
    I remember a friend trying AoC and telling me he didn't understood the benefit of it and even tought it was ANNOYING. Seriously, wtf lol
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Tera has collision in combat/combat areas, but not with friendly npcs

So far i am liking ESO, might be a little tuned down Skyrim. Still its fresh and different than these usual MMORPGs we have been played for years now, well SWTOR was different too

@joelforprez

30GB for me, while AoC is 25GB.
    And it should be around 60GB when it is released

~ Jin-
    Last edited by Derled; 9th February 2014 at 07:14.
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I remember a friend trying AoC and telling me he didn't understood the benefit of it and even tought it was ANNOYING. Seriously, wtf lol
    Yeah, no collision makes games that are just OK terrible. Movement hardly matters and no matter what you do people just run through.

I can't see why more people would not want this in game, but whatever. Every MMO that has come out after AoC that I have tried has basically been a WoW clone, and GW2 plays more like a top view action rpg that just went to 3rd person.

I saw a few people mention Terra having good combat mechanics, but then there were so many other complaints that I just said whatever to trying it.

I'm convinced no matter how watered down AoC gets, it still will retain the best combat system and mechanics until a company goes for something outside the WoW type clone.
    Doomsayer 2008

Talking

I tried the beta and was a really disappointing experience... I am pretty sure that 6-12 months after release they'll change the business model to b2p or even to f2p...

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    "It's like a cheap version of Skyrim"
    -AngryJoe
    totally agree and even worse...

Wow I cannot believe they would try to get a monthly sub. I had really high hopes for this game. Think about the setting of it, a three front war! Think that would be exciting...it is not. I don't even see it in the game at all.

Questing is the worst I have really ever played. Walk across map talk to a guy. Walk all the way back...encountering nothing...turn quest in for small reward. I just can't see myself playing it for long periods of time.

So I made a second demo instead so I can have one of both servers. Shoot me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Neverwinter has collision and the ability to push people with movement like AoC had at launch
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast