Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Playing AoC and then any other MMO you would be PRO. If they would just FIX THE PVP in this GAME it would be PERFECT. Funcom just CANT GET IT THROUGH THEIR HEADS how much of PvP increase their profits for AoC.

i played it for about 20 minutes

I liked it well enough. It doesn't compare to AoC or TSW to me but they do a few interesting things I haven't seen in other mmos. Granted I haven't seen very much of it. Hopefully this doesn't kill my chances at the next beta phase =p

Question remains if it'll be enough to set them apart and make a sub based mmo viable even with the built in ES fanbase. I'm thinking it won't be but time will tell.

Edit to say I'm not an ES fan. Played Morrowind for a couple of weeks and never touched Oblivion or Skyrim. Also to add that it is beta and is subject to change.
    Last edited by Raeil; 15th December 2013 at 16:54.

Beta confirmed what the eso website said:

Classes instead of sandbox characters, and standard mmo loot instead of 100% open like other elder scrolls games.

Basically another watered down mmo with the elder scrolls skin.

No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Beta confirmed what the eso website said:

Classes instead of sandbox characters, and standard mmo loot instead of 100% open like other elder scrolls games.

Basically another watered down mmo with the elder scrolls skin.

No thanks.
    From what I saw the *classes* are just templates to give people a familiar starting point and all characters can learn any and all skills/abilities in the game except, I would assume, racial ones and all characters can use all armor and weapons.

I would agree it is just another mmo, that is catering to a less than hardcore crowd, in an overcrowded market.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    I would agree it is just another mmo, that is catering to a less than hardcore crowd, in an overcrowded market.
    That's why this genre needs to just go away ~ I could have had my Masters with the time spent grinding in MMOs ~ not JUST AoC...
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    That's why this genre needs to just go away ~ I could have had my Masters with the time spent grinding in MMOs ~ not JUST AoC...
    Ain't that the truth. Really hit home for me one day when I did /played on WoW ... 1.5 years of constant time investment (over a period of 6 years or so) ... damn.

Needless to say, I don't play them that much anymore.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast