Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Something wrong with your eyes then. You could compare it to GW2 but that's about it. Nothing like "every other MMO".

The implementation of active blocking and bash (a melee interrupt, even for casters/rangers) add a lot to the game and make even pve feel better than virtually all other MMOs. I do miss the unmatched animations of AoC as well as the small hitboxes but at least even rangers and casters have some aiming to do in TESO.
    lol @ calling that aiming in ESO.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Something wrong with your eyes then. You could compare it to GW2 but that's about it. Nothing like "every other MMO".

The implementation of active blocking and bash (a melee interrupt, even for casters/rangers) add a lot to the game and make even pve feel better than virtually all other MMOs. I do miss the unmatched animations of AoC as well as the small hitboxes but at least even rangers and casters have some aiming to do in TESO.
    does anyone use active blocking in aoc? no

nerfing movement in combat is never a good idea. in aoc u got fellas that double tap kbs but thats it

Active blocking could at least be somewhat effective in AoC. I can still take 3K pen shot on hox with all shields up and active blocking.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Active blocking used to give amazing parry chance and you could cancel with it the animation of double tapping. You would still get the buff.

Shields up gave a lot of mitigation and there was no cooldown on double tapping.

Result? To this day I remember series of games where POM would get shields up and double tap backwards with the flag across whole map. We couldn't do ****. Good times.

That being said I would love for active blocking to be useful again.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    lol @ calling that aiming in ESO.
    I only said that in comparison to AoC. Hitboxes are huge so it's virtually impossible to miss except when the target does a dodge (unlike in AoC where only a melee can ever miss).
    But then, you could also predict it and lead your target, not something possible with ranged classes on AoC
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/th...scrolls-online

critic review average: 83, scores varying between 70-90

-3 pts higher then aoc which had scores varying between 67-97

user reviews

--4 pts lower than aoc
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 9th April 2014 at 21:53.

Default Emp

Hail to the Emperor Of Scourge!

http://oi62.tinypic.com/11l4w78.jpg

Was a long hard fight to take it from the Elves but Daggerfall did it!

Can always use more on the Battlefield.

JOIN SCOURGE TODAY!!!

Asylum #1

Quote Originally Posted by Anatu View Post
    Hail to the Emperor Of Scourge!

http://oi62.tinypic.com/11l4w78.jpg

Was a long hard fight to take it from the Elves but Daggerfall did it!

Can always use more on the Battlefield.

JOIN SCOURGE TODAY!!!

Asylum #1
    Legacy might come over to scourge for some competition!....Me, mystical, mykro, and alot of oldies got a guild going

BTW grats on emp

Quote Originally Posted by Talketzanto View Post
    Legacy might come over to scourge for some competition!....Me, mystical, mykro, and alot of oldies got a guild going

BTW grats on emp
    Go roll as ebonhart or dominion. They need you guys.

Ebonheart is a lost cause on the more populated campaigns, the only time we take over is when the other factions aren't on