Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    I have nothing against it's engine and lag free performance for an engine. I just said that the game is bad, which it is. There is no depth to combat what so ever. The game was designed for casuals, it's obvious.
    I think for most people, they are probably fed up with dead games like aoc, that ESO would seem great to them because of the population, a responsible developer team, decent none lag launch etc. Of course the combat and pvp wont ever be like aoc or like CS 1.6 those are classics and will remain that way.

There isn't much to look forward to now a days. every game will be like this catering to the majority which are noobs.

Only thing you can look forward to are independent game developers. The ones who "aren't" looking to make loads of money but want quality gameplay over visuals.

Here's one looking pretty good visually and gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfmd9ZMyIw

Oh and Have you seen The Division? that could be promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    I think for most people, they are probably fed up with dead games like aoc, that ESO would seem great to them because of the population, a responsible developer team, decent none lag launch etc. Of course the combat and pvp wont ever be like aoc or like CS 1.6 those are classics and will remain that way.

There isn't much to look forward to now a days. every game will be like this catering to the majority which are noobs.

Only thing you can look forward to are independent game developers. The ones who "aren't" looking to make loads of money but want quality gameplay over visuals.

Here's one looking pretty good visually and gameplay
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyfmd9ZMyIw

Oh and Have you seen The Division? that could be promising.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njfj6KwEAfg
    Kingdom Come is 1st person which usually turns out terrible for combat for the medieval style theme. Graphically the game looks great and is on the right page over all, but you know where this is going.

The Division is going to be nothing but a scam. They won't release much information on if it's an MMO or an open word game much like GTA with multiplayer in it. By the way it plays out, it very much looks like a jump in jump out co-op game that has an open world, which will suck as always. They do this, to tease people and lure you in and grab your money and it cuts major costs on funding huge servers for MMO's like AoC and WoW.

You're right, people are sick of dead gamnes that suck and it's going to continue doing that until developers stop being a bunch of cowards and bowing down to the man and actually make a game that requires a serious challenge and skill curve, much like the original AoC. IF there is no skill curve and it's a repetitive button mash, it gets boring naturally to the human mind. ESO won't last 2 months until people start returning to their old roots again, it doesn't have that special touch.

The combat in ESO was unbearable to play. There is no skill curve and it felt more like an arcade hack and slash and unlock an ability that does all the work for you. Aiming and movement is not a factor, since it acts like an assist as opposed to requiring a skill. Look at Fuzzy's video's, you can see it for yourself. This isn't a "trash" against him, but if you watch his videos, he doesn't even have his xhair on the guy half the time and it still hits the target because it's within the vicinity of the players hit box.

Another broken feature in these new so called FPS MMO's is, they have absolutely zero ballistics. Where the actual physiques and understanding and control of abilities are not in real time or under the control of the user but instead pre programmed animations that "Heat seek" a target and do all the work for you. Basically, every player has Grip of Death.

At least Darkfall has some type of ballistics, it's just too bad Darkfall sucks as a game lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyy View Post
    What home did you choose?
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Kingdom Come is 1st person which usually turns out terrible for combat for the medieval style theme. Graphically the game looks great and is on the right page over all, but you know where this is going.

The Division is going to be nothing but a scam. They won't release much information on if it's an MMO or an open word game much like GTA with multiplayer in it. By the way it plays out, it very much looks like a jump in jump out co-op game that has an open world, which will suck as always. They do this, to tease people and lure you in and grab your money and it cuts major costs on funding huge servers for MMO's like AoC and WoW.

You're right, people are sick of dead gamnes that suck and it's going to continue doing that until developers stop being a bunch of cowards and bowing down to the man and actually make a game that requires a serious challenge and skill curve, much like the original AoC. IF there is no skill curve and it's a repetitive button mash, it gets boring naturally to the human mind. ESO won't last 2 months until people start returning to their old roots again, it doesn't have that special touch.

The combat in ESO was unbearable to play. There is no skill curve and it felt more like an arcade hack and slash and unlock an ability that does all the work for you. Aiming and movement is not a factor, since it acts like an assist as opposed to requiring a skill. Look at Fuzzy's video's, you can see it for yourself. This isn't a "trash" against him, but if you watch his videos, he doesn't even have his xhair on the guy half the time and it still hits the target because it's within the vicinity of the players hit box.

Another broken feature in these new so called FPS MMO's is, they have absolutely zero ballistics. Where the actual physiques and understanding and control of abilities are not in real time or under the control of the user but instead pre programmed animations that "Heat seek" a target and do all the work for you. Basically, every player has Grip of Death.

At least Darkfall has some type of ballistics, it's just too bad Darkfall sucks as a game lol
    hahaah Damn... now theres nothing at all to look forward to...

Did you not try Chivalry Medieval Warfare? Excellent & competitive first person melee combat, multiplayer only.

And that kind of gameplay doesn't fit in MMOs for technical reasons, you can't have true Quake or CS:S gameplay in a a proper MMO without some heavy compromises to handle the latency and the amount of players. Even the "original" AoC was far from perfect and had plenty of issues (I agree it was better than now with the gear/AA but it certainly wasn't 100% skill based or balanced either). There is aiming in AoC, but it's still not aiming like when you're using the LG in Quake and tracking someone pixel by pixel... AoC is also stuck with random damage numbers, % based CC resists, critical hits and plenty of other random crap that at least TESO got rid of (they only kept critical hits, like in LoL, but limited to some classes/items/abilities so acceptable and somewhat predictable)

Of course TESO has aiming assist of some sort, but so does AoC and all other MMOs, there's just no way you can make the MMO you're asking for unless everyone has a fiber optic connection and the servers are massive datacenters so expensive that even Blizzard would frown at them. Or if it's heavily instanced with a very limited number of players in every instance (arenas/minis).

Look at BF4, only 64 players but by adding destruction and synchronized water physics (+ some extra little things) they had to butcher the tick rate of the servers massively (compared to BF3) to let the game remain playable for the majority but the servers are still on their kness and struggling to keep up, the game can tank a 1mb DSL connection easily (for the players). Which is insane but at least the game still feels pretty decent. I would be happy to play a different version of the game with a higher tickrate though, more accurate, smoother and with less latency-related bullsh!t. But that's another story and I wouldn't even be able to play it right now considering the sh!tty net I'm stuck with (but AoC/TESO work perfectly fine though).
    Last edited by kalston; 7th April 2014 at 11:16.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Did you not try Chivalry Medieval Warfare? Excellent & competitive first person melee combat, multiplayer only.

And that kind of gameplay doesn't fit in MMOs for technical reasons, you can't have true Quake or CS:S gameplay in a a proper MMO without some heavy compromises to handle the latency and the amount of players. Even the "original" AoC was far from perfect and had plenty of issues (I agree it was better than now with the gear/AA but it certainly wasn't 100% skill based or balanced either). There is aiming in AoC, but it's still not aiming like when you're using the LG in Quake and tracking someone pixel by pixel... AoC is also stuck with random damage numbers, % based CC resists, critical hits and plenty of other random crap that at least TESO got rid of (they only kept critical hits, like in LoL, but limited to some classes/items/abilities so acceptable and somewhat predictable)

Of course TESO has aiming assist of some sort, but so does AoC and all other MMOs, there's just no way you can make the MMO you're asking for unless everyone has a fiber optic connection and the servers are massive datacenters so expensive that even Blizzard would frown at them. Or if it's heavily instanced with a very limited number of players in every instance (arenas/minis).

Look at BF4, only 64 players but by adding destruction and synchronized water physics (+ some extra little things) they had to butcher the tick rate of the servers massively (compared to BF3) to let the game remain playable for the majority but the servers are still on their kness and struggling to keep up, the game can tank a 1mb DSL connection easily (for the players). Which is insane but at least the game still feels pretty decent. I would be happy to play a different version of the game with a higher tickrate though, more accurate, smoother and with less latency-related bullsh!t. But that's another story and I wouldn't even be able to play it right now considering the sh!tty net I'm stuck with (but AoC/TESO work perfectly fine though).
    So how do you take a map with the most advanced ballistics to date and put it in Arma 2 and Arma 3 with over 100 people per server on a standard rent a server and run it relatively decent?

I get what you're saying, but it all relies on proper code and knowing what you're trying to build from the start when creating the foundation of the engine. Tick rates are usually set to lower because it costs the company more money to run 128 tick rate servers and because they want "everyone" to enjoy the game. IT has nothing to do with the destruction in the game, but everything to do with costs, as always.

Chivalry was god awful and was butchered by a major patch, much like what AoC did to their game. Now it has no community and the "better" players have left the building, hence why guys like Mystikkal play it still, because he enjoys watered down casualified games.

Darkfall has real time ballistics, they may not be the best, but it's there. Skyrim is not about being skill based, it was about delivering a crust story that could be shared with their friends all the while pushing the graphics engine to make people go "wow" from the start. They didn't code ballistics because they didn't care for PVP from the start. It was only after the fact they decided to work on PVP, like all game developers.

I already know how a successful PVP mmo would turn out if they just focused on it. DayZ gives a nice sample of it along with GTA. But there are more to it then just that and no developer will stand in that domain because let's face it, 90% of the developers out there are PVE story driven carebears.

Let's face it... 90% of khramps are ****ing morons who are so bad at aoc that they had to be carried by their long dead guild.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

eso pvp and movements look awful, terrible and boring in those video, just the same of every mmo that come out, thx god I didn't throw my money there I was so close to do it, I give 2 months to see everybody back to aoc and talking crap about eso.

funcom is so dumb they did the best and most fun pvp and combat system in the world and they just gave it to a carebear lover moron like craig Morrison to destroy it and he did it

Quote Originally Posted by End-of-Clothies View Post
    eso pvp and movements look awful, terrible and boring in those video, just the same of every mmo that come out, thx god I didn't throw my money there I was so close to do it, I give 2 months to see everybody back to aoc and talking crap about eso.

funcom is so dumb they did the best and most fun pvp and combat system in the world and they just gave it to a carebear lover moron like craig Morrison to destroy it and he did it
    Something wrong with your eyes then. You could compare it to GW2 but that's about it. Nothing like "every other MMO".

The implementation of active blocking and bash (a melee interrupt, even for casters/rangers) add a lot to the game and make even pve feel better than virtually all other MMOs. I do miss the unmatched animations of AoC as well as the small hitboxes but at least even rangers and casters have some aiming to do in TESO.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.