Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    thing is, for me, first thing i look at is combat system. maybe the wrapping is fancy, but the content(and for me content is combat and how its used) isnt what i seek.

im sure theyll do fine, but they aint getting my pvp money
    What level did you get to?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    thing is, for me, first thing i look at is combat system. maybe the wrapping is fancy, but the content(and for me content is combat and how its used) isnt what i seek.

im sure theyll do fine, but they aint getting my pvp money
    The combat system has real time active blocking/parrying (better than gw2/aoc), real time active dodging (better than aoc), no auto-attack (better than gw2), melee must aim light and heavy attacks in real time (better than aoc), ranged must at least aim "toward" their target on both horizontal and vertical point of view (better than gw2/aoc), no cd on abilities u instead need to manage ressources depending on how you leveled you character making the pace of combat dynamic and tactical with a more realistic feel instead of spamming stuff off-cd (better than gw2/aoc), etc... to each his own i guess:P

So TESO does everything better than AoC, I guess TESO's aim is not to kill WoW, but to kill Funcom's jewel of the crown, Age of Conan,their most beloved and cared for game.

What will Funcom do with AoC once Teso hits the shelves? shut it down? where will the hundreds of AoC devs working on the crafting revamp go?

By the way, I've played the beta but couldn't get past level 7; I found the game to be so astonishing, fun, etc., that I couldn't keep playing after a few yawnful hours, because, as we say in Spain ''lo bueno, si breve, dos veces bueno''.

¡Un saludo!

Quote Originally Posted by abob123 View Post
    So TESO does everything better than AoC, I guess TESO's aim is not to kill WoW, but to kill Funcom's jewel of the crown, Age of Conan,their most beloved and cared for game.

What will Funcom do with AoC once Teso hits the shelves? shut it down? where will the hundreds of AoC devs working on the crafting revamp go?

By the way, I've played the beta but couldn't get past level 7; I found the game to be so astonishing, fun, etc., that I couldn't keep playing after a few yawnful hours, because, as we say in Spain ''lo bueno, si breve, dos veces bueno''.

¡Un saludo!
    You know I don't speak Spanish.

Think of what combat is like in aoc at level 7. Especially with casters.... They're mind numbing boring until at least level 30.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaen View Post
    The combat system has real time active blocking/parrying (better than gw2/aoc), real time active dodging (better than aoc), no auto-attack (better than gw2), melee must aim light and heavy attacks in real time (better than aoc), ranged must at least aim "toward" their target on both horizontal and vertical point of view (better than gw2/aoc), no cd on abilities u instead need to manage ressources depending on how you leveled you character making the pace of combat dynamic and tactical with a more realistic feel instead of spamming stuff off-cd (better than gw2/aoc), etc... to each his own i guess:P
    But TESO has no collision. You feel like you hit the air...
    Also TESO has not directional attacks and combos...

...so AoC has better combat than TESO

TESO has no open world PvP
    TESO based on WoW and GW2
    TESO open world PVE has no chalenge
    TESO is boring, so boring that make bori looks exciting :P

TESO will start with very high population indeed
    1 month after release (time included by purchase), some will not sub
    3 months after release,the dust of hype settles and more will leave
    6-9 months after release more and more people will realise how boring TESO is and will leave
    1 year after release, TESO will be f2p

the seer has spoken :P

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post

Think of what combat is like in aoc at level 7. Especially with casters.... They're mind numbing boring until at least level 30.
    Yes, indeed. Though even melee isn't representative of the later game at level 7.

It's part of a quote from Baltasar Gracián. A likely mangled translation is: "Good, if brief, twice good, and even worse, if brief, not so bad."

Having difficulty motivating myself to play ESO in the upcoming, supposedly last, test this weekend. I actually liked it too. I just have other things that I'd rather be doing.

Cool

I really didn't want to check this game out. However, I really did enjoy Skyrim, and after watching a few pvp videos, and some pve videos, the graphics look sweet. I also like the "dodge" "roll" stuff. I went ahead and pre-ordered it because most of my guildies are doing so; also only because I found this really....

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...t-20-off-last/

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post

yall seem to be comparing teso combat to aoc's casters. like wtf?

Funcom had egalitarian laws in mind when making rangers and necros, accessibility to the mental challenged. difference between aoc is that every class u play on teso is for the mentally challenged while aoc has some classes that have extensive depth
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 12th March 2014 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaen View Post
    real time active dodging (better than aoc)
    I'm going to assume you have never played the game called Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures/ Age of Conan: Unchained.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaineer View Post
    I really didn't want to check this game out. However, I really did enjoy Skyrim, and after watching a few pvp videos, and some pve videos, the graphics look sweet. I also like the "dodge" "roll" stuff. I went ahead and pre-ordered it because most of my guildies are doing so; also only because I found this really....

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/pc-games/e...t-20-off-last/
    Had my card out .... then thought, nah. Another sub-cost for a game that just offers prettier graphics. Still not convinced.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-