Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I have only been talking about guild wars. My only point was that from the videos and what I have read ESO looks rather similar.
    GW2 failed in it's WvW crap. ESO does it 10x better, and allows for much more variation. I only know because I played both. Don't judge this game based on GW, or what others have written. Until you experience it first hand, there's no way anybody can make a feasable judgement. Just my 2 cents. There were a few haters in SHC up until they actually got in to the game and played it first hand, at which point their tune changed. Given how picky they tend to be, that speaks volumes.

If you really-really want to play TESO, choose Mortal Online instead. It will be more fun!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Erm, no.

We launched in to that game. It failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Any logical reason why games with realm vs realm of this nature do not have battle ground pvp like AoC's mini games? The only one I can think of is to make sure as many people as possible are in realm vs realm.
    Cause they plan to have a population unlike AoC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

If Funcom hadn't made TSW AoC would have been a fantastic game. Alas they robbed AoC off all it's resources and created a turd from it making both games die.
    I'm playing teso at launch and may not return to this game.

Here's a well written, lengthy review by a max level player who has been in beta for a long time:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/es...ensive-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoxa View Post
    If Funcom hadn't made TSW AoC would have been a fantastic game. Alas they robbed AoC off all it's resources and created a turd from it making both games die.
    I'm playing teso at launch and may not return to this game.
    It'll be like every other mmo that comes out these days - massive hype (✔), the dev promising they'll always keep it a subs game (✔), promises that it'll have regular content updates (✔), big upfront box sales (✔), then plenty of QQ from those who race through the content, and in 12-18 months it'll go f2p. Same old, same old. Zzzzzzz.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Here's a well written, lengthy review by a max level player who has been in beta for a long time:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/es...ensive-review/
    I can't help but feel like an elitist asshat when I read after only a few line :

"I consider myself a fan of both The Elder Scrolls games [...]
    My Elder Scrolls experience has been limited to the two most recent entrants into the franchise, Oblivion and Skyrim.
    "

I simply feel the urge to give up the reading. Not because I think you can't only call yourself "a fan" if you haven't play all games from the series (or that kind of pretentious pricky BS), but because I would like the review of a guy that loved the hell out Morrowind (and Daggerfall). To see how much they can compare the feeling of exploration.

That's what I wanted because then I think it would be more relevant to what I might expect. I know that it might sound stupid to say in essence "This guy just don't know what he miss by not playing Morrowind", but damn, that's how I feel right now. Also, I can't help but feel disappointed when he make comparison saying "Ho, this aspect of ESO is super-close and super true to the spirit of the serie in the way it works" when it's obviously not really the case. But because it worked that way in TES 4 & 5, he seems to assume it was always like that.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 17th February 2014 at 21:20.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Since now the nda is lifted and everyone can talk about the game, I have one question from the people who have played the beta or know much about it:

If I hated Skyrim, is their any chance I'll like this game?
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    Since now the nda is lifted and everyone can talk about the game, I have one question from the people who have played the beta or know much about it:

If I hated Skyrim, is their any chance I'll like this game?
    Well, it depends on the "why" you hated Skyrim. If it's because the dull combat, the shitty animations, or the pace, then you will probably dislike ESO as well.

If it was for other reason, like Dragons or writing, then there's hope. (Though for what I have seen, the writing isn't significantly better for now)
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.