Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Really? That's not what I was told but I'll know more this evening since one of my mates has been pvping all night (well, until the servers closed that is)
    So you trashed it without even playing it? Seems to be what's been happening a lot in relation to this game. Your mate is wrong :P

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Emotes ARE enabled in PVP zones.

/playdead for example works wonders.

And to the person who said that it's impersonal, nobody is forcing you to join the keep battles(zerg).

A group of 5 of us spent the majority of our time trolling around behind enemy lines engaging in small scale skirmishes, disrupting reenforcment lines, and cock blocking. It was immersive, engaging, and a lot of fun. Finding a similar group in the other alliance doing the same thing always yielded interesting battles where terrain played a huge part in success.
    I tried to do that, but for the part it still sucks. Even in a group of 5-6 you might liberate a few open points but you won't hold them once you get more than 2 and the zerg notices. Also, you can ONLY do this with open supply points. It may feel like your doing something but in the long run that 1 or 2 supply points you deny the enemy for 15-20 minutes until a zerg comes to take it back does nothing. To make real change in that game you need to wipe almost all the other side's supply points all the way back to maybe the first or second keep from their base, and your 5 or 6 man group won't do that unless it's 3:00 AM and there is hardly anyone on defending the other side. And if your trying to take a keep or tower with a 5 man-it's not happening unless nobody notices you for 30 minutes. and even then 5 people won't have enough supply to do anything for upgrades. So back to my original point, small groups accomplish very little while zergs do 90% of the work. RvRvR is aimed to reward somewhat coordinated casual players, not small groups of good players.

Besides, pvp is always better when it becomes personal. Not knowing who you killed and letting them know it was YOU who got them not once, twice, but over and over is one of the best parts of competitive pvp, at least for me.

I played up to rank 27 in standard matchmaking in the first 2 months of launch, the pugs were even worse than AoC because of objective camping, which means many times I was the teams only offense, premades were meh because the classes were terribley unbalanced (guardians and elementalists, which I played) were near invincible to kill with the proper specializations, and Theives had some rendering issue that allowed them to basically one shot most classes without ever popping out of stealth but for a second or two. I'm sure all those issues have been fixed, I know they had fixed elementalists near unlimited healing through the water perks (by dodging during/in a combo area), but the game was just to watered down to enjoy, way too many clone specs, and the only option for open world a non stop zerg, yeah, I quit in about 50 days or less after release.

I don't see ESO being any different, the game other than some core mechanics has basically the same principal when it comes to RvRvR. Hopefully it does not go the way of Warhammer and one side stays sorely undermanned right from the start.
    Last edited by Suctum; 12th February 2014 at 08:12.
    Doomsayer 2008

So you trashed it without even playing it? Seems to be what's been happening a lot in relation to this game. Your mate is wrong :P
    I'm not "trashing" this game (read my other posts if you like... I have a lot of good things to say about it), I didn't get to try pvp itself but what my friend has to say about it isn't very exciting, that's it (haven't watched his vids yet). I don't really enjoy the combat system though so I'm not overly hyped for pvp either way (crappy animations and lack of collision being the prime offenders)
    Last edited by kalston; 12th February 2014 at 08:47.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    As soon as the game goes off NDA, I shall write a short report here.
    Ofc, sure what else we can wait from die hard AoC fanboy?

@PvP testers?

Cannot chat in PvP? Similar **** system like in GW2, well that sucks if it is true

~ Jin-
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I tried to do that, but for the part it still sucks. Even in a group of 5-6 you might liberate a few open points but you won't hold them once you get more than 2 and the zerg notices. Also, you can ONLY do this with open supply points. It may feel like your doing something but in the long run that 1 or 2 supply points you deny the enemy for 15-20 minutes until a zerg comes to take it back does nothing. To make real change in that game you need to wipe almost all the other side's supply points all the way back to maybe the first or second keep from their base, and your 5 or 6 man group won't do that unless it's 3:00 AM and there is hardly anyone on defending the other side. And if your trying to take a keep or tower with a 5 man-it's not happening unless nobody notices you for 30 minutes. and even then 5 people won't have enough supply to do anything for upgrades. So back to my original point, small groups accomplish very little while zergs do 90% of the work. RvRvR is aimed to reward somewhat coordinated casual players, not small groups of good players.

Besides, pvp is always better when it becomes personal. Not knowing who you killed and letting them know it was YOU who got them not once, twice, but over and over is one of the best parts of competitive pvp, at least for me.

I played up to rank 27 in standard matchmaking in the first 2 months of launch, the pugs were even worse than AoC because of objective camping, which means many times I was the teams only offense, premades were meh because the classes were terribley unbalanced (guardians and elementalists, which I played) were near invincible to kill with the proper specializations, and Theives had some rendering issue that allowed them to basically one shot most classes without ever popping out of stealth but for a second or two. I'm sure all those issues have been fixed, I know they had fixed elementalists near unlimited healing through the water perks (by dodging during/in a combo area), but the game was just to watered down to enjoy, way too many clone specs, and the only option for open world a non stop zerg, yeah, I quit in about 50 days or less after release.

I don't see ESO being any different, the game other than some core mechanics has basically the same principal when it comes to RvRvR. Hopefully it does not go the way of Warhammer and one side stays sorely undermanned right from the start.
    I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I am not talking about the mines/farms/lumber mills.

Also, you can see enemy names/guild, and they can see yours. They know exactly who killed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Ofc, sure what else we can wait from die hard AoC fanboy?

@PvP testers?

Cannot chat in PvP? Similar **** system like in GW2, well that sucks if it is true

~ Jin-
    Pop out of stealth beside an enemy player, type /horn, then steam roll them. No matter how you roll the dice, you know they raged.

I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying. I am not talking about the mines/farms/lumber mills.

Also, you can see enemy names/guild, and they can see yours. They know exactly who killed them.
    Maybe the changed it after I stopped playing, I just remember seeing whatever server they were from and "Defender" or something like that, I can't say I remember seeing a guild title.

Anyways, it's just a zerg game in the end. If you enjoy it that's great, I can't.
    Doomsayer 2008

Any logical reason why games with realm vs realm of this nature do not have battle ground pvp like AoC's mini games? The only one I can think of is to make sure as many people as possible are in realm vs realm.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Maybe the changed it after I stopped playing, I just remember seeing whatever server they were from and "Defender" or something like that, I can't say I remember seeing a guild title.

Anyways, it's just a zerg game in the end. If you enjoy it that's great, I can't.
    It's not just a zerg game. Taking a keep may feel zergy, but that's only one aspect of the Cyrodil zone.

You saw "server" and "Defender" in GW2. There are no servers in ESO.

It's not just a zerg game. Taking a keep may feel zergy, but that's only one aspect of the Cyrodil zone.

You saw "server" and "Defender" in GW2. There are no servers in ESO.
    I have only been talking about guild wars. My only point was that from the videos and what I have read ESO looks rather similar.
    Doomsayer 2008