Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

The pvp is ok at times, you will do more running in pvp than fighting. When you die, more than likely no one will res you so you have to run back from the nearest waypoint which isn't near at all. The combat in pvp is not very appealing either, you cant tell if you actually hit your target or not and the targeting is messed up. But its always fun when you walk by some of your favorite places in Cyrodiil.

Everquest of all things has player collision. Though I don't know if EQ2 does. Ogre walls to block people from content has been a staple since launch.

It is weird in ESO to just run through things or have them run through you. Think I read somewhere they decided not to have player collision in order to reduce lag in the pvp zone.

I'm finding ESO to be it's own unique snowflake and while it's not everything I would have wanted, and there are some negatives as well, I'm liking it more and more for what it is.

That said I agree it's not going to last as pay to play.

I got to level 4 today, and couldn't continue.
    Couldn't stand how combat was mostly spamming the main mouse button, and also the character movement and animation seemed like they were done 10 years ago.
    Compared to that, AoC combat is so fluid.
    I did like some other things, but I just didn't feel immersed enough to continue to play.
    I guess I also feel it's just a cheap version of Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by padishar View Post
    I got to level 4 today, and couldn't continue.
    Couldn't stand how combat was mostly spamming the main mouse button, and also the character movement and animation seemed like they were done 10 years ago.
    Compared to that, AoC combat is so fluid.
    I did like some other things, but I just didn't feel immersed enough to continue to play.
    I guess I also feel it's just a cheap version of Skyrim.
    Only level 4? Try level up in AoC and after 20lvl you need more buttons than sweep, slam and left arrow . Especially as caster you spam smite/shockstrike/icestrike all the way till you are 80lvl. 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Combat system is pretty similar to Skyrim, which is actual action combat. But here you have additional skills like there you had "dragon" shouts

You can block hits and evade hits with player skill and not some luck based % evade/blocks

No collision sucks, if it would be there combat would be an ace

Then again ESO is for different market than AoC. It hits more to Tera and similar games while AoC competes with WoW/Lineage2 etc...

But i still think Tera combat remains best and most skill based, its basically same as ESO, but with collision

~ Jin-
    Last edited by Derled; 9th February 2014 at 23:37.
    The Law

Us AoC-FanBois are only a small (very small) percentage of a Community that already has a HUGE Skyrim fan-base with a follow-0n MMO that's low fantasy based by comparison to many others.

You can argue its flaws all day ~ fact is; it will launch with three times the numbers that AoC did in 2008. And when the dust settles, will likely have twice the subscriber base we have here. Plus a support team of more than on Dev ...

I wish them all the luck and cheers to those who leave AoC. I'm loosing a number of aquaintences to the game. But I, for one, don't have the time nor inclination to start another game in this genre.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I enjoyed Morrowind but every ES game after that has not been as good. Oblivion felt small and rushed, Skyrim looked nice but it got boring real fast.

As for ESO, I'm not a fan of open ended classes. I enjoy class base combat that puts limits on the scope of your job and purpose. Also, the game has no collision, so that takes 50% of the skill out of targeting spells correctly and movement right there.

I might play it just to try it out, but I'm not happy with how newer MMO's keep insisting on no collision detection and open ended classes.
    I'm almost positive I read somewhere that the choice of going no collision has to do with performance. One of the many reasons sieges were so poor in age of conan vs an mmo without collision who can have 400+ ppl in a play field. I prefer collision myself just wanted to comment.

Enjoyed terra for the first long but the lack of charcter progression lost it for me... U wanna talk about being forced to play a certain way?
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 10th February 2014 at 14:03.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

A big turnoff for me is that the game will not have endgame raiding in the normal sense, just some world bosses and expert dungeons. Sounds like Guild Wars 2 endgame to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    A big turnoff for me is that the game will not have endgame raiding in the normal sense, just some world bosses and expert dungeons. Sounds like Guild Wars 2 endgame to me.
    If true, then it's doomed to failed as a MMO. SWTOR shown that having a gold-plated name doesn't protect you from failing HARD, especially if you don't have endgame.

If TESO move stance enough not to position itself as a MMO, however, (and they already began to move that way), then it could be less damaging, since they will attract an other public than MMO players

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    It is GW2, just the concepts and setting has changed. It has everything GW2 has and will probably expand on the RvRvR combat, but for the most part that inpersonal mass pvp is boring and non productive because individual players make little difference in zergs of 100. In GW2, you can't even see the name of the person you killed or communicate with them at all, nothing I could enjoy past 1 month or so.
    Doomsayer 2008

Oh lol, I forgot about the fact you couldn't see names in GW2. Yeah that suck.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast