Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaen View Post

a bit more mature review from a guy who actually "played" the game here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/es...ensive-review/
    The authors lack of experience with other MMOs speaks volumes of his "comprehensive review" and credibility. A long winded review does make it a good review ...

Last edited by Mustaine; 5th March 2014 at 01:01.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Guy-de-Leon View Post
    Seige battles with what had to be about 50-60 people all tossing spells, hurling ballistae bolts, lobbing flaming balls from trebuchets and mixing it up in melee. Maybe I was lucky but I experienced no lag with the vid settings at max (but only 50% max view range).

However. PvP collision would be nice. Makes it less easy to work the system. For example, i was doing this...
    1) get mission to kill 20 enemy players in PvP
    2) run through the middle of a mass fight, swinging sword like a crazy crack monkey
    3) hit a few people for minimal damage
    4) get credit for a kill when the people you hit die
    5) rinse, repeat.
    u dont even need to hit them any kill done by your group/raid counts for you aswell

From Paul Sage

"Another large change to the experience deals with combat. We’ve added collision in between players and NPCs (though not followers). There is also a bit more camera shake to give melee attacks a slightly weightier feel. This along with many other changes goes to directly address the criticism of floaty combat."

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    I often wait for over 15mins to get into an ArcheAge server and trip over people while questing. It's F2P and is truly open-world. That being said; no innovative combat system there. Nor does EQNext, Bless or Black Desert. OT: ESO just isn't grabbing me.

If any of these games could implement AoCs combat system; I'd leave AoC entirely. The fluidity of being able to "parry", to combo, and it's overall brutality keep me hanging on. GW2s system is close; with it's dodging and being angle to strafe and fight ... but the high-fantasy ...blah.

Bless's and EQNext's movement systems are pretty close, but can they make it more than just one-button push hits?

Black Desert is my hope for the future, mainly because its sandbox. Neverwinter combat is better than AoC right now, and its getting two open world pvp maps in next update.

Back on subject of ESO subject, interupts are going to be everything in PvP when fighting in smaller numbers. Not sure how ugly it will get if a organized group focuses. AoC had its time as age of cc and age of caster with cc's crippling pvp gameplay.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

I played over 2 of the beta weekends at the beginning of the year If i remember, not for long as it really didnt hold my interest.
    It really didnt float my boat tbh, the npc's had such a drabness to them that I just couldnt care what happened to them or what was going on in the ever so cliched story.
    Not even going into the extremely basic style skill/level system it just seemed a real poor show in general, but Im sure thats half to do with the hype PLUS me not really enjoying Skyrim, an with this pretty much being a Skyrim mp mod there wasnt much hope.

Looking out for a low fantasy mmo if anyone knows any good ones?
    My sub here runs out in a cple of days an looking for a new home:/

Quote Originally Posted by mustaine View Post
    ... Hater gonna hate ...

/1234567890

Quote Originally Posted by Roragar View Post
    I played over 2 of the beta weekends at the beginning of the year If i remember, not for long as it really didnt hold my interest.
    It really didnt float my boat tbh, the npc's had such a drabness to them that I just couldnt care what happened to them or what was going on in the ever so cliched story.
    Not even going into the extremely basic style skill/level system it just seemed a real poor show in general, but Im sure thats half to do with the hype PLUS me not really enjoying Skyrim, an with this pretty much being a Skyrim mp mod there wasnt much hope.

Looking out for a low fantasy mmo if anyone knows any good ones?
    My sub here runs out in a cple of days an looking for a new home:/
    Well the very beginning of the game is boring compared to the rest. You think the beach of tortage is exciting?

I paid zero attention to npcs but not sure how you could find fully voice acted npcs boring compared to other mmos out there.

Explain why the skill and leveling system is basic and how you think anyone should believe a word you say when you admit you played only two weekend betas months ago for 'not that long.' The skill tree and class system is much deeper than aoc.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaen View Post
    /1234567890
    ... /shakes_head

Hey kid, put on your comprehension helmet and focus. Simply stated; I'm having trouble finding anything that grabs me and says I need to buy this game.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    ... /shakes_head

Hey kid, put on your comprehension helmet and focus. Simply stated; I'm having trouble finding anything that grabs me and says I need to buy this game.
    You bring up reading comprehension when you attacked the reviewer's MMO experience when he implies that he has played a lot of different MMOs? Your post amounted to you making up stuff to try to discredit a review, therefore, haters gonna hate.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.