Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

Zenimax own Bethesda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_elder_scrolls_online

In this instance, Zenimax are the developer, while Bethesda are the publisher.
    Yeah Bethesda created Zenimax for the sol purpose of Elder Scrolls Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZeniMax_Media

Zenimax own Bethesda.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_elder_scrolls_online

In this instance, Zenimax are the developer, while Bethesda are the publisher.
    I know this, Zenimax doing it

I played it this week end and it's really good tbh, only MMO I'd consider playing other than AoC.

That being said the combat is pretty lame and slow, melee combat needs a TOTAL revamp (there's not even hit sounds and the animations suck). Lack of collision is a large part of the issue - and yeah it's awful being able to walk through all players and mobs even while fighting :/

So I like many things about it... except the combat which is a major turn off. I'm not sure how much better it can get without collisions, but I don't have much hope. Animations in general suck as well, which is not surprising after Oblivion/Skyrim but shocking coming from AoC (and other games with good animations).

The game is splendid and runs very smoothly (and it's only a beta), quests are decent, there's voice acting, crafting is great... No blood/fatalities though
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That being said the combat is pretty lame and slow, melee combat needs a TOTAL revamp (there's not even hit sounds and the animations suck)
    Yes exactly for this reason it was so obvious...

1) I realised after 20s watching the video from the game that for mentioned reason is pretty much guaranteed game will fail

2) you can not expect TOTAL revamp of combat system. You are experienced enough to be sure that this will not happen
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Yes exactly for this reason it was so obvious...

1) I realised after 20s watching the video from the game that for mentioned reason is pretty much guaranteed game will fail

2) you can not expect TOTAL revamp of combat system. You are experienced enough to be sure that this will not happen
    You watched a whole 20s of most likely alpha footage and you are sure game will fail huh?

This game will be the tits. It's amazing the little tiny tweaks from the standard MMO combat formula make all the difference.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Tbh the game might very well have some success.

It is extremely accessible and very refreshing despite the flawed melee combat (ranged combat is pretty decent though, casters & rangers need to aim every ability and attack and you can move while doing them so it feels like a FPS), no cartoon graphics, not very demanding (looks and run better than AoC or GW2 for example), solid lore and a reasonably big playable area with a gigantic pvp map in the middle (the entire Oblivion map, if you remember it). The game also took a lot of good ideas from GW2 and other games (such as random open world events, bosses that give rewards to all players fighting it even when they are not grouped etc).

I also met few bugs, which is impressive for a beta, especially since I disliked the sloppy coding of Oblivion and Skyrim so much.

I'll miss FFA pvp of AoC for sure, but there's still a lot of potential in this game.

Wait & see.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

As someone online said about ESO ...

"Did anyone playing Skyrim say, You know what would make this game better? A hundred of me running around with names above their heads"

I really do not see it being a success. Personally, I lost interest in the series with the diabolical console port - aka Skyrim release, but I have no issues with it being a success.

Exclamation teso vs aoc

i have try 3 day play teso and i can write teso -1000 ,
    aoc rest the best game in this mode
    AOC win +1000

I don't see why people are bitching about the melee combat. Yeah, it could use collision detection but the active block is everything AOC's active block should have been and the free interrupt stun is much more reliable than aoc's double tap, it has sprint, and active dodging.

Loads of fun.
    I don't make points I make dents.

I agree with Unutterable on this. It took some getting used to but I liked how the block, dodge and interrupt worked.

Sadly I didn't get the chance to play this beta phase so keep those nda violations flowing.

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast