Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    ... archage there is nothing but fail on the horizon for this year. if you got the spare money its worth playing a mmo that will have a few million active players for a few months. Will be another year or so before EQnext, Bless, and Black Desert are released and attempt to raise the mmo bar with new combat systems.
    I often wait for over 15mins to get into an ArcheAge server and trip over people while questing. It's F2P and is truly open-world. That being said; no innovative combat system there. Nor does EQNext, Bless or Black Desert. OT: ESO just isn't grabbing me.

If any of these games could implement AoCs combat system; I'd leave AoC entirely. The fluidity of being able to "parry", to combo, and it's overall brutality keep me hanging on. GW2s system is close; with it's dodging and being angle to strafe and fight ... but the high-fantasy ...blah.

Bless's and EQNext's movement systems are pretty close, but can they make it more than just one-button push hits?

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    There isn't a cooldown, lol. You're experiencing lag :/
    Yeah you were right. I could have sworn there was a weapon swap cooldown last beta but definitely not in this beta.

The lag is really starting to worry me with this game. I was DC'd 30+ times this weekend and pvp was often unplayable because everything seemed on a 10 second delay.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Yeah you were right. I could have sworn there was a weapon swap cooldown last beta but definitely not in this beta.

The lag is really starting to worry me with this game. I was DC'd 30+ times this weekend and pvp was often unplayable because everything seemed on a 10 second delay.
    This winter storm that just ripped through the US has almost destroyed my connection for whatever reason. Can barely even load websites atm and games are out of the question. No idea where you are but perhaps it could be causing you issues as well?

Based on what I've seen of ESO I'd say that unless you're a big ES fan AND are interested in the pvp then it's not worth 15 bucks a month. It's not bad imo just not interesting enough to set itself apart. They do have some interesting tech there with the world changes however.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post

That was server wide. There is PTS(PST?) which is the private beta. It's like 4 builds ahead of the version we play for stress tests. Basically, during the stress tests, they are intentionally gimping aspects of their server infrastructure to see where the chokes are. The majority of the issues people are having with lag are 100% server side, and are(from what I've been told) fixed/being worked on. The issue some experience with mini 3 second freezes is easily fixed with a quick change to a cfg file, and that issue has already been fixed for the next build. I wouldn't concern yourself TOO much about the lag yet. There will be another event next weekend, at which point we will see where the server is sitting. For that event, it will be the launch build less any changes they need to make.

Stress tests are a curious creature... sometimes lag is a result of not enough hardware, or faulty coding, but usually it's a result of intentional gimping to stress the load.

:EDIT: ALSO NOTE: As it's beta, CERTAIN ISPs aren't treating the game like an MMO yet, and are treating it like p2p software (Like a torrent), so they are throttling it. I personally haven't experienced that up here in Canada, but it's something to keep in mind. You'll also notice that the first night of Beta, which is typically full up, experiences next to zero lag at all. That's because they haven't choked the chicken yet, and that's probably a better indication of overall performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolentLeonidas View Post
    Might be worth watching this.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fv10...hsczNuyyh6Cf6w

This guy cracks me up
    kinda the words of a WoW player who didnt experience half of eso tortage and trying to sell WoW as a graphically beatiful hardcore open world sandbox experience losing all credibility.

a bit more mature review from a guy who actually "played" the game here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/es...ensive-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaen View Post
    kinda the words of a WoW player who didnt experience half of eso tortage and trying to sell WoW as a graphically beatiful hardcore open world sandbox experience losing all credibility.

a bit more mature review from a guy who actually "played" the game here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/es...ensive-review/
    Good review. I found myself agreeing with most everything said.

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Seige battles with what had to be about 50-60 people all tossing spells, hurling ballistae bolts, lobbing flaming balls from trebuchets and mixing it up in melee. Maybe I was lucky but I experienced no lag with the vid settings at max (but only 50% max view range).

However. PvP collision would be nice. Makes it less easy to work the system. For example, i was doing this...
    1) get mission to kill 20 enemy players in PvP
    2) run through the middle of a mass fight, swinging sword like a crazy crack monkey
    3) hit a few people for minimal damage
    4) get credit for a kill when the people you hit die
    5) rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy-de-Leon View Post
    Seige battles with what had to be about 50-60 people all tossing spells, hurling ballistae bolts, lobbing flaming balls from trebuchets and mixing it up in melee. Maybe I was lucky but I experienced no lag with the vid settings at max (but only 50% max view range).

However. PvP collision would be nice. Makes it less easy to work the system. For example, i was doing this...
    1) get mission to kill 20 enemy players in PvP
    2) run through the middle of a mass fight, swinging sword like a crazy crack monkey
    3) hit a few people for minimal damage
    4) get credit for a kill when the people you hit die
    5) rinse, repeat.
    Collision is confirmed on the PTS build (Which is likely the next weekend beta event build). This is for both NPC and Players

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Collision is confirmed on the PTS build (Which is likely the next weekend beta event build). This is for both NPC and Players
    Link? I heard it was just for NPCs.