Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Returning Conqueror, couple questions

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Full Tamarin Tiger's for DPS(Or Brittle Blade Sin gear if you want to go nuts).

I have seen others say the same thing but a full purple Brittle Blade Sin set actually has 0.8 DPS less than than Tamarin and only 19 Crit Rating and 13 Crit Damage rating more than Tamarin (it also has 190 offhand rating).

These are negligible differences and of course Tamarin has a lot more armor (4000) and hitpoints (1000) and a slight edge on hit rating. So why is Brittle Blade sin armor even considered as an option?

On a conq getting the correct gear is a bit tricky. We have less protection than the other tanks in general and our raid gear (T1, T2, T3) might not serve all the purposes that you are interested in.

- I'd say go for Last Legion: Get the Hate legs and chest (helmet if you do not have the Turan package with Ardashir Fort). Also get the protection legs, helmet and chest (small pieces as well, once again if you are not doing T3 actively). If you somehow manage to do T3 frequently you might want to skip this and go directly for Black Dragon gear which fulfills any protection requirements you might want.
    - Wolf gear is fun to have. It looks awesome , But the problem with it is that it's good when you are off-tanking or need to kite stuff, but its naturally much less important than Last Legion. The boots on the other hand is very good and you should go for it if you can not do T3, since the Black Dragon boots is also rather nice.
    - Tiger gear is to go carnage, but is also fun to combine with hate gear. Conqs go best with combinations and some tiger pieces with some hate gear, etc works well to hold or switch aggro effectively. (T4 is better off course but you will probably not be able to get it at this point.)
    - Join the Hyrkanians for their necklace.
    - Join the Shadows of Jade and/or Brittle Blade for their rings. It might be better to join the Brittle Blade first since the milestone quest ring is almost as good as the Shadows of Jade one anyway. (I still use my Ring of Protection some times, do not questions its value!)
    - For a cloak do not look at factions. Go do the Vile of Nativity dungeon to get the best hate and strength cloaks for new players. If you want you could get the Scarlet Circle minus hate cloak though. They have the hate one as well if you wish not to challenge old Argo-Satha :P
    - For weapons it would be excellent if you could acquire them in the different tier raids. Some factions like the Scholars of Cheng-Ho does have conq weapons, but the raid ones are better. Crafted weapons, T2 or T3 is also a good alternative, although they are quite expensive.

Feel free to agree or disagree with this post.
    Last edited by Bladimor; 26th August 2013 at 13:02.
    One kills a man, one is an assassin; one kills millions, one is a conqueror.

Remember that you do NOT need to be a lvl 4 faction to purchase chest or helms, only for the accessories. You only need the Rare Trophys and some gold for the main pieces, and all the pants drop from Yag, no need to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by lok502 View Post
    I have seen others say the same thing but a full purple Brittle Blade Sin set actually has 0.8 DPS less than than Tamarin and only 19 Crit Rating and 13 Crit Damage rating more than Tamarin (it also has 190 offhand rating).

These are negligible differences and of course Tamarin has a lot more armor (4000) and hitpoints (1000) and a slight edge on hit rating. So why is Brittle Blade sin armor even considered as an option?
    That's why you mix and match for the best result.

Quote Originally Posted by secondbrother View Post
    Hello All:
    So, as the title said, I'm just getting back into Conan after a hiatus of a couple years. When I stopped playing, I had just gotten my Conq to 80. Now that I'm back, I'd like to pick him up again. From what I've been reading, though, there's been a revamp, and things may have changed a bit since I was gone.

So, what I'm wondering if what combo and combo ranks to use. Specifically for a Carnage build, but input for a Brute build would also be much appreciated. So far, from what I understand, I need to get the Khitai versions of some of the combos, specifally BB. However, are there any combos that I should be using the 2-step combos over the 3-step ones? Or should have multiple ranks of certain combos om the hotbars? Especially in regards to world pvp/solo setups.

Good to be back, can't wait until the server merge happens! Thanks all.
    In regards to combos.

Upgraded Feint attack - FA IX Drops in pillars of heaven, has a low drop rate i bought mine outright because I was lazy :P

Upgraded bloodbath - BB VII Drops in abyss of khun whu, much easier to farm try and get It asap.

Carnage dps rotation is really simple; Bloodbath, whirlwind, bloody hack - over and over.

A typical brute tanking rotation would be; GODS IV, FA VIII, bloodbath, then any combination of FA IX, FA VII, HOFS V or throat slash, depending on which sides shields are stacked. Don't get carried away though, the important thing is you are ready to weapon swap and do your next bloodbath as soon as its off cool down, keep GODS buff and furious strikes buff up 100% of the time and always hit unshielded sides whenever possible.

Read the "how to pve conq" sticky there is loads of useful information in there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12