Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning Conqueror, couple questions

Default Returning Conqueror, couple questions

Hello All:
    So, as the title said, I'm just getting back into Conan after a hiatus of a couple years. When I stopped playing, I had just gotten my Conq to 80. Now that I'm back, I'd like to pick him up again. From what I've been reading, though, there's been a revamp, and things may have changed a bit since I was gone.

So, what I'm wondering if what combo and combo ranks to use. Specifically for a Carnage build, but input for a Brute build would also be much appreciated. So far, from what I understand, I need to get the Khitai versions of some of the combos, specifally BB. However, are there any combos that I should be using the 2-step combos over the 3-step ones? Or should have multiple ranks of certain combos om the hotbars? Especially in regards to world pvp/solo setups.

Good to be back, can't wait until the server merge happens! Thanks all.

If you would spend 5 seconds looking through conqueror forums you would notice this thread UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ. Damn... it's even sticky. I suppose you'll find answer to all your questions there. About combos, use which one you like and works for you. There's no need to get anything like upgraded BB combo. It's nice but it depends on you if you want to get it.

Tbh I would just delete old character and create new one so you can learn how to play it while leveling.

Welcome back :-)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

And while levelling get 80 AA points.

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    Tbh I would just delete old character and create new one so you can learn how to play it while leveling.
    I guess it would depend how much gear etc you had on the old one. I just game back to the game this week and while I thought about starting a new character, I found my T2 geared conq was pretty easy to get back to playing once I fix key binds etc.

If you would spend 5 seconds looking through conqueror forums you would notice this thread UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ. Damn... it's even sticky.
    Fact: 91.7% of all players who visit any game's forum are physiologically unable to see sticky threads.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Fact: 91.7% of all players who visit any game's forum are physiologically unable to see sticky threads.
    And 87.4% of online stats are made up

If you would spend 5 seconds looking through conqueror forums you would notice this thread UPDATED: How to PVE CONQ. Damn... it's even sticky. I suppose you'll find answer to all your questions there. About combos, use which one you like and works for you. There's no need to get anything like upgraded BB combo. It's nice but it depends on you if you want to get it.

Welcome back :-)
    And it did not occur to you that as a returning player he might just want a little bit more information than what you find in that rather limited sticky? And deleting his char.. why on earth would he want to do that?

Im in sort of the same situation as OP, and there is much to catch up on. Many former treads does not exist anymore, or are very outdated.

One thing i would like to get an update on is what gear/armor and weapons you should go for. My Conq. had just reached her top level when i left. So my question would be this:

What Khitan factions should i go for?

Yes yes, there might be some tread to look for, but why not discuss it here? There seems to be an influx of returning players atm. Why not welcome them with something else than "learn to read the forums for 5 mins"?

Lightbulb

@Iaara:
    Kithai fractions with conq-sets
    Tamarins Tiger (Damage/Carnage)
    Last Legion (Tank/Brute)

Maybe this helps you: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php
    (here you can find out, which items you can get from each fraction)

Quote Originally Posted by Iaara View Post
    Im in sort of the same situation as OP, and there is much to catch up on. Many former treads does not exist anymore, or are very outdated.

One thing i would like to get an update on is what gear/armor and weapons you should go for. My Conq. had just reached her top level when i left. So my question would be this:

What Khitan factions should i go for?

Yes yes, there might be some tread to look for, but why not discuss it here? There seems to be an influx of returning players atm. Why not welcome them with something else than "learn to read the forums for 5 mins"?
    Full Tamarin Tiger's for DPS(Or Brittle Blade Sin gear if you want to go nuts).

Tanking gear is up for speculation, to be honest. Personally, I think that a full Last Legion set EXCEPT for the boots is the way to go. For the boots, I'd go with Wolves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast