Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 40 AA points to level 80 characters on Membership accounts on the 19th of July!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrynn View Post
    Why should low level characters get 40 additional AA's? There was plenty of opportunity to level up.
    According to whom?

So because I wasn't subscribed in May and didn't get the low level AA then, and then leveled up my ToS from 60 to 80 (only 19 AA there) BS from 17 to 78 (will be a total of 63 AA there) during June instead of Leveling my 61 Ranger to 80 and/or my 53 PoM to 80 (both characters that existed and existed at those levels prior to May)...and because you deem yourself as some kind of authority on how I should manage and spend my time, you decide how much time I had to level certain characters to 80?

That's a bit presumptuous on your part isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    I rolled a pom the day before the first AA pt thing. It was a free 50, and i used 30 offline levels.

I got 40+79 AA pts. I expect it to have 40 more today.

So thats 40+79+40 = 159AA pts on a toon I will prob never use.
    Interesting, I rolled a ranger at 1 and didnt get a single AA until I hit 10, where i got 1 AA.

Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    That's a bit presumptuous on your part isn't it?
    Sure. And you're being antagonistic. The question I am asking, is WHY are you entitled to these freebies? There will always be someone who is unhappy that they didn't get as much as the guy next to him... but you still got free stuff.
    Skua - Bear Shaman (Bloodline)
    Misscreantt - Guardian (TRIBUNAL)

Thank you Funcom for the free points!
    This year's Anniversary was truly one to be remembered!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Interesting, I rolled a ranger at 1 and didnt get a single AA until I hit 10, where i got 1 AA.
    haha ok, busted. Got my facts wrong (that's what happens when you use a failing memory like mine instead of researching lol).
    Skua - Bear Shaman (Bloodline)
    Misscreantt - Guardian (TRIBUNAL)

haha ok, busted. Got my facts wrong (that's what happens when you use a failing memory like mine instead of researching lol).
    I could see funcom overlooking this though on a free 50. Just giving 50 pts. I should not have used my free 50s when I did.

Sure. And you're being antagonistic. The question I am asking, is WHY are you entitled to these freebies? There will always be someone who is unhappy that they didn't get as much as the guy next to him... but you still got free stuff.
    You're right, I was being antagonistic, and I apologize. People have been a bit antagonistic with me today based on another post I made, and I guess it rubbed off a bit.

Maybe a better question would be...Why are the people getting the freebies entitled to something everyone else can't enjoy the luxury of?

Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    Needing AA to compete? More like needing AA to even be considered for the competition. By choice of all of the other competitors. If you think you can get in and stay in a hard mode group without having your FH/TW or SFF...you either found a really strong group willing to carry you, or you're dreaming.
    I've joined global pugs many times without AA, you just need to be honest and know your role.

Zero SF: second healer or random
    Zero TW/FH: random
    Zero resolve: off-tank or random

I got my first epic main pierce about the same time as resolve with pugs when mainly joining as off-tank.

I think the key word is "PUG." People get "snobby" because everyone is already at such a disadvantage in a pug -- weird group make-ups, crazy group leaders, people bailing without warning to join guild groups, somebody lying about gear to get carried -- that they try to avoid red flags as much as possible. Someone who clearly hasn't invested in their character yet enough to even have basic AA is a question mark. Especially now that AA is being given away like mints in a restaurant, you've got people who don't even have basic MMO knowledge turning up in hard-modes. I was in a group a couple days ago when my HoX's epic gloves finally dropped; I lost the roll to a barb who Needed them "because they're an upgrade for me." He hadn't even looked at factions yet.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    I think the key word is "PUG." People get "snobby" because everyone is already at such a disadvantage in a pug -- weird group make-ups, crazy group leaders, people bailing without warning to join guild groups, somebody lying about gear to get carried -- that they try to avoid red flags as much as possible. Someone who clearly hasn't invested in their character yet enough to even have basic AA is a question mark. Especially now that AA is being given away like mints in a restaurant, you've got people who don't even have basic MMO knowledge turning up in hard-modes. I was in a group a couple days ago when my HoX's epic gloves finally dropped; I lost the roll to a barb who Needed them "because they're an upgrade for me." He hadn't even looked at factions yet.
    I can see the wanting people to be experienced with a dungeon, having halfway respectable gear, AAs in place and knowing how to use them for a HM...but what we have going on a lot of times, is people requiring all of that crap for a normal mode. They simply expect people to be pro coming out of the gate, and that's just unrealistic. I don't have time for people who expect perfection plus.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast