Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: raid relics

Agree with op, relics need to do more.

oh hi.
    still gathering relics for nothing to spend them on while all other tokens can be spent on something raid relics just stack up for no avail.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Default Tier relics to purchase tier weapons

Hi, I think we should be able to buy tier 1,2,3 etc weapons with their relative relics the same way we can buy tier armor with our acquired relics. I've been trying for a very long time(over a year) just to get a T2 weapon on one of my toons but it just doesn't seem to drop very often and when it does I am always unlucky with my rolls.
    I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be beneficial to the game, even make the purchase price very high 15-20 relics.

Quote Originally Posted by Floop View Post
    Hi, I think we should be able to buy tier 1,2,3 etc weapons with their relative relics the same way we can buy tier armor with our acquired relics. I've been trying for a very long time(over a year) just to get a T2 weapon on one of my toons but it just doesn't seem to drop very often and when it does I am always unlucky with my rolls.
    I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be beneficial to the game, even make the purchase price very high 15-20 relics.
    I agree with the idea of purchasing weapons with raid relics, but I think the cost ought not be cheap. I'd suggest it be 150% of the cost for major armor pieces (head, chest, legs).

I guess for the price of less drama, i would be fine would they cost even more than 150% relics for t1...some valid alternative to pure luck for it to drop AND a good team to not ninja AND actually winning the roll would be nice. Also with the current system and raid attitude you might never get a "non class" weapon...only few raidleaders and guilds have updated their weapon loot rules.

Relics should not allow one to buy raid weapons, but it would be great to buy shards with Raid Relics IV.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Relics should not allow one to buy raid weapons, but it would be great to buy shards with Raid Relics IV.
    Eh why not? We can all buy the stuff that drops and the few we need rare tokens for, why not allow us to buy weapons at a high cost?

I never (!!) got a t3 shield on my guard, seen it drop twice in the 30ish runs I did. I'd be really happy to pay 90 or even 120 tokens for it, to finally get. Or for example a conq that wants the barb 2h and 1h, because they'll get called out a ninjalooter when they need on them..

Implement this funcom, can't be more then a couple of mouseswipes and keyboardstrokes of work?

I think it would be great option to buy raid weapons with relics...I mean, I wouldn't mind t3 necro tali on my PoM, wouldn't mind it at all but taking it from some raiding necro seems just wrong...paying 80+ relics, maybe of or two rares(or tears) for that kind of luxury seems like great idea. Yes at launch of t4 it would greatly mess up progression but now, after all those year it's IMHO totally ok.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Can you elaborate or even give a reason WHY not allow to buy raid weapons?

You would need to do quite a few successfull raids to get enough anyway, so no harm to pve or pvp.

They are not immensely powerful compared to the khitai weapons or low tier pvp weapons, so no harm done to the expansion grind or pvp.

They are a source of constant drama and many raids limit the "need/greed" rolls...so now HARM done to atmosphere, pve and players options.

This virtual gap creation mechanism is not really helping in whatever mysterious reason there might be. If you know a reason, please enlighten us.

And the Religolibris that can't loot decent pve shield :o
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast