Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: raid relics

Default raid relics

yet again another thread reguarding raid relics, hoping someday funcom actualy cares about it.

it is an issue with raid relics that they keep stacking for nothing, while in t3 you can trade them for shards and soon to be obsolete recipes; all other relics just pile up for nothing.

veteran players joining any raids just get a bunch of useless relics for nothing to spend them on, and fresh players after getting their tier armors quickly either move on to next tier or start piling up relics for nothing.

is it realy that much to ask to have on reliquaries an extra vendor to buy:
    .4 hour stat buffs
    .aa expertise potions
    .other classes raid armor as vanity
    .all tier weapons available to be bought with gold+relics
    .camels & other rare mounts

do this and veterans players + new players will raid all tiers raids more often with added incentive given they would have something worth saving relics for, vets for vanity+mounts+4h buffs, new players for extra aa's.

plz stop ignoring us and make it available for yesterday rather then tomorrow.

just re-edited to add this, that these vendors could also in future sell recipe for weapon+armor skins from the raid ones.
    something like:
    10 sr1+10sr2+10sr3 to buy recipe for all blunt weapon skins
    5sr1+5sr2+10sr3 to buy a particular class raid armor skins
    to later use to craft weapons+armor with raid gear looks
    Last edited by noite80; 9th July 2013 at 16:57.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

This is a problem, because it keeps veterans (or guildies) from doing the lower tiers, if they got what they wanted from there.

If there would be a vendor as noite80 said, or even better, a way to convert one type of "old" token into another, this would be solved. Not mentioning even, that by that way, f2p and vets could actually meet and play together without guild limits.

yep, posted it too in suggestion thread some time ago... hope it will someday come into fruition, cause there is no point to raid lower tiers... and I would like to do it (helping new players, and gaining some 4h potions or other usable things... not for charity, those days are over funcom)
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is a problem, because it keeps veterans (or guildies) from doing the lower tiers, if they got what they wanted from there.
    What he said 100%

If they fear about f2p players grinding rather t1 than subbing, they can easily minimize that "problem" by adding a tag or a quest in the tiers and lock the converting of t1 into t2 tokens (or other instances) unless the char has done t2/got certain faction rank/did certain quests etc..

convert into usefull potions and stuff-->YES PLEASE!

convert into higher raid tokens->NO!

And why not? What harm will be done with a reasonable conversion factor?

Also you don't have to allow to convert into "higher" tokens of the same type. But conversion into "common currencies" like rare tokens, gold, esteem tokens or MoAs does not sound like a bad idea (especially since you can buy most of the "usefull" stuff with those).

even with crapload of farm it should not be possible to farm t1 to get t4 thats just my opinion..

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    even with crapload of farm it should not be possible to farm t1 to get t4 thats just my opinion..
    I'm presuming that:

a) T1 would only convert to t2, t2 to t3 and t3 to t4 - so you'd need an astronomical number of t1 tokens to do this.
    b) They would need to sub to do t4 anyway, and be in a guild capable of doing t4 (because dragon tears for main bits) - it would be easier just to actually do t4 than collect 90 billion t1 relics
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

There should be only one kind of raid token. If not only one for all endgame group contnent.

But you know bazylion types of tokens in AoC has nothing to do with encouraging people to do different stuff. Otherwise you would never ever get Rare Trophy from Refuge, Iron Statues or Dead Man.

We have so many only to make sure new content won't get outdated day it was implemented. Intervals between updates are so long and every active player would be able to afford all items on 1st day (see how was with Erlik using t3/4 tokens, we had full armor-set people 5 minut after servers went live) or new players would need to farm years to be able to purchase anything.

I know people who had 700 unspent t3 relics (without not taking any urn or shrines) before they started doing t4. And that was before second part of t4 was introduced, not recently. I have myself almost 300 unspent relics on dt, even if I bought black dragon, twice painlegion set and all but one crafting recipies.

But that isn't what this topic is about. So yeah, there should be more stuff to buy with tokens. Not that I really care when playing mostly dt. After buying fearless, indomitable and courageous soul sets, working on dragon king and I'll still need some to buy strange beyond for vanity.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast