Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: raid relics

Kurt, this has already been discussed on the European forum.

The tempo at which one gets T1 and T2 gear is appallingly fast and boring; and whenever one gets his full gear, he visits those raids only to obtain his weapon of choice.
    For T2 raids, weapons are the means of attainment: only killing the last bosses yields it, and bypassing it is not fair at all.
    For both T1 and T2 raids, the element of surprise and luck necessitates social interaction, delectation, and the sense of achievement. Without obtainable weapons, we raid more, are stimulated to lead raids with our own rules, and interact. Even "ninja-looter" is a part of the interaction, completely effaced in the ennui of the Lord of the Rings game, where everyone gets his own loot from the chest.

That is too bad that Funcom deleted the old thread on the European forum. There were several pages of discussion on disadvantages of obtainable raid weapons.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

There might be disadvantages, yet they do not outweigh the advantages. I've lost guard swords to barb, because 'they can use it', now tell me in what way that is part of the system?

If they would make them obtainable with relics (alot of them), people would still need to grind through those dungeons for the relics.. Say t3 would cost 90 relics, that would be 8 full clears without urns, doesn't seem too extreme for me, considering the fact you can get the chest for 60.

Like others, i never understood why they kept weapons and accessories out of the token system.

This does not affect only the luck aspect of the game, but also the wrong item budget stats.

Some obvious examples would be the so called pom/demo staff that no one would consider using, or those strength dps oriented accessories for which 5 classes have to compete while mage accessories are only needed by 2(barely 3) classes.

All in all, i would tend to think that making the accessories and weapons purchasable through tokens of the appropriate tier would make perfect sense.

Let's face it, T1/2/3 gear would need to be looked at and partially revamped to balance the budget stat to be more coherent with the kind of itemization we can find since khitai.

But since this is not going to happen, purchasable weapons/accessories is the solution. (My 4 years old guard got full bda and t4 armor/weapons, at the exception of the shield, which is t2, go figure).

I will grind the **** out of T1 if I can get to wear tier armor models from all classes. I must have all of the vanities. I MUST YET I CAN'T!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    I will grind the **** out of T1 if I can get to wear tier armor models from all classes. I must have all of the vanities. I MUST YET I CAN'T!!!
    i would love to have t1-t3 tos gear as vanity on my dt .

but why not even buy toth amon gear as vanity in exchange for t1-t3 relics.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Like others, i never understood why they kept weapons and accessories out of the token system.

This does not affect only the luck aspect of the game, but also the wrong item budget stats.

Some obvious examples would be the so called pom/demo staff that no one would consider using, or those strength dps oriented accessories for which 5 classes have to compete while mage accessories are only needed by 2(barely 3) classes.

All in all, i would tend to think that making the accessories and weapons purchasable through tokens of the appropriate tier would make perfect sense.

Let's face it, T1/2/3 gear would need to be looked at and partially revamped to balance the budget stat to be more coherent with the kind of itemization we can find since khitai.

But since this is not going to happen, purchasable weapons/accessories is the solution. (My 4 years old guard got full bda and t4 armor/weapons, at the exception of the shield, which is t2, go figure).
    T2? You lucky *******, almost full t4, only have t1

They should make weapons and accessories buyable with a new currency similar to current rares/dragon tears. So instead of 2 weapons dropping, there would be 2 "weapon rares", and instead of 2 rings or neck/cloak, there would be 2 "accessory rares". Then raid leads can hand them out to those that need them. Can even require a set amount of simple relics as well when buying, similar to how it takes 60 simples + 1 rare currently to buy main piece armors. The only thing they might need to look into is doubling the price for 2h weapons vs 1h weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfir View Post
    There might be disadvantages, yet they do not outweigh the advantages. I've lost guard swords to barb, because 'they can use it', now tell me in what way that is part of the system?.
    Because you are stimulated to start and lead your own raid with your own reservations and rules!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    They should make weapons and accessories buyable with a new currency similar to current rares/dragon tears. So instead of 2 weapons dropping, there would be 2 "weapon rares", and instead of 2 rings or neck/cloak, there would be 2 "accessory rares". Then raid leads can hand them out to those that need them. Can even require a set amount of simple relics as well when buying, similar to how it takes 60 simples + 1 rare currently to buy main piece armors. The only thing they might need to look into is doubling the price for 2h weapons vs 1h weapons.
    ^^^^^^^^ This.

We need people to get geared quicker so they can be integrated into proper raiding and Hard Modes. Make T1 - 3 weapons buyable with relics. T3 with relics and a rare relic maybe.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast