Thread: fraps tips plz

Default fraps tips plz

hi.
    i started using fraps, trying to work out a few things.

.wich program you recomend for editing fraps videos to make assemblage of diferent videos?

.how to compact size to have decent quality of videos with minimum quality loss?

.wich is minimum fps to lower capture video size with still some decent watchable quality?
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    hi.
    i started using fraps, trying to work out a few things.

.wich program you recomend for editing fraps videos to make assemblage of diferent videos?
    I use Adobe Premier, but any basic video editing software can let you assemble multiple videos easily. I think even the free one Microsoft gives with Windows can handle that. Higher end software lets you add nice transitions and other effects.

.how to compact size to have decent quality of videos with minimum quality loss?
    After you edit the video, encode in MPEG 4 with H.264 (or open source X.264) codec to get good quality at a decent size. You may have to play with the compression / quality settings on your particular editor.

.wich is minimum fps to lower capture video size with still some decent watchable quality?
    I wouldn't go below 10 or 15 FPS to make the video still look smooth.

oHere, save this while it still exist:
    http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=142557
    However, install divx codecs, and use those instead the windows ones decap uses in the guide
    For frames don't go below 24, 30 is better. And definetely have more then 100 gigabytes extra space

I also suggest you capture the videos, with the same rate you intend to convert them later, for example 30 frames to 30, and not 30 frames to 24, cuz sometimes there could be some issues with that.

Edit: you can also additionally try Dxtory instead of Fraps, which I find it I like better, and is somewhat liter and have more options too choose.
    Last edited by stage; 7th July 2013 at 23:17.
    Itemcho - BS - Iron Hide PvP upd. 23.03
    Stage - Necro - Hybrid PvE upd. 23.03