Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Assassin: The forgotten class.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    ... But since I am only PvP 3 and have no sin char...
    eh, you should have started posting in this thread with this, then we could at least ignore all the posts straight away and spare some time..

but but I´ve seen pvp videos on yt!

back to the OP, I wouldn´t call sin a forgotten class at all, since there are several classes that have the very same issues and didn´t even receive a revamp yet, unlike sin (*cough* mages *cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksoulx View Post
    i guess so, i log from time to time in Aoc and skill level is just sad. With sin u can have chance vs DT and i would say its like 20-80 in DTs favour but other 2 soldiers if they are not mentally challenged will kill u during knockback animation.
    Why would you a good sin get knocked back by a guard? Guards kbs are very predictable so you can at least double tap them if you don't have excellent balance or avatar. Good brute conqs (is there such a thing?) can't really lose vs sin, sure, but guards not exploiting the buggy STA (sorry for not taking that into account...) can't do THAT much to a good sin (even with last stand, the sin could just keep his speedbuff for that very moment and kite you) - it's not 100% win, at least.
    Last edited by kalston; 9th July 2013 at 10:16.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Argantes View Post
    eh, you should have started posting in this thread with this, then we could at least ignore all the posts straight away and spare some time..
    ...(*cough* mages *cough*)
    Hahaha. You mean you didn’t.

A player who has played sin since launch gave his views. Since there was no discussion, merely repetition by previous posters, he stopped giving his view.

Pardon me for pointing out that BlackSoulx was basically arguing with himself. I think that is called verbal masturbation. Read Slith’s last few posts on this thread and see what I found so funny.

Eh? Mages don’t need an overhaul, Silver one, except the HoX.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Why would you a good sin get knocked back by a guard? Guards kbs are very predictable so you can at least double tap them if you don't have excellent balance or avatar. Good brute conqs (is there such a thing?) can't really lose vs sin, sure, but guards not exploiting the buggy STA (sorry for not taking that into account...) can't do THAT much to a good sin (even with last stand, the sin could just keep his speedbuff for that very moment and kite you) - it's not 100% win, at least.
    actually if u combo jump there is no way that someone will doubletap ur kb, sinn can beat guard only if guard is stupid enough and fight him when AoD is up, once Aod is over u can just laugh and kill him in less then 10 sec. So lets sum it up; sinn is burst class and u just need to turtle up during burst period; "AOD" ,"dww","gb", facestab and use Cuning when bomb is planted after that he will be out of shards and u will be at 60-70% of hp if u played smart, guess what happens then...btw CW as a perk all the way.
    Last edited by Blacksoulx; 9th July 2013 at 10:52.

You can still double tap, just like you can double tap conq or demo kbs if you know they are coming. Instead of looking for the white hit look for the jump (or rather just read your opponent). And you make it sound like sins have no CCs and are generally stupid players burning all their tools right away. You do know they are not all like that, right?

What you say is what happens when I fight bad sins. Although it's worth noting that if they are in full t4 I often don't have much hp left with the duel ends. Even with flawless timing of CD and by using my bubble.
    Last edited by kalston; 9th July 2013 at 11:37.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    You can still double tap, just like you can double tap conq or demo kbs if you know they are coming. Instead of looking for the white hit look for the jump (or rather just read your opponent). And you make it sound like sins have no CCs and are generally stupid players burning all their tools right away. You do know they are not all like that, right?
    well ,all ccs cost 2 shards and have casting time (except kb). Sinn needs to put presure on guard and make him play defensive or its game over for sinn really soon, so sinn will pop AoD as soon as he hits 50% of hp and this is like 1-2 crit combos with CW or SS, keep in mind that every facestab costs shard, bomb cost shard too, aceleration costs 2 , aod is 4 and there are only 2 abilities for shard renewal, 1 is instant 4 shards back and other is 4 shards over 15 sec. So basicly when he pops AOD he will use insta 4 shards back and he is in burst machine mode , best is to kite him or if u cant use last stand to negate his bursts. Also dww or gb is consuming all shards and make sinn siting duck if target is still alive. Btw i just want to see sinn that can doubletap khitai shield KB combo if u use combo jump.
    Last edited by Blacksoulx; 9th July 2013 at 11:41.

Huhu, i remember this guard a few months ago who would always combo jump on his KB. It was really amusing, it made his KB much more visible and easy to react to.

Shards aren't too much of an issue with sin. Crystalized lotus Extract and necrotic empowerment are here for that as well as castration for those using it. You've got enough to last a fight.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

But excellent balance doesn't cost any shards, and why couldn't you double tap shield sweep since it's most likely the only time guard will switch to sword and shield? (you could use that silly debuff as well but it's usually a waste of time) Also you can easily miss with it since it's 1h range (it's easy to jump-skip pole combos I agree but with 1h range it's not that simple if the sin moves well).
    And CW is nice when it crits but not so much when it doesn't (long slow animation) while SS is a lot more reliable and crits a lot more often (plus it's electrical damage, imba against pve geared sins).

In 1o1 good sin vs good guard is not 100% win for the guard or the sin, that's all I'm saying (let's not forget to throw in random CC resists, crits and gear issues).
    In minis soldiers farm sins because they don't have to worry about shards or cooldowns or anything and they can handle the focus if they get any.
    But sin is still a great class and soldiers are just generally over the top in group pvp (but guard is not OP in 1o1 and DT or carnie conqs are not THAT sick either, it's just brute conqs that are really duel monsters).
    Last edited by kalston; 9th July 2013 at 12:23.

Default Again ...

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I thought I wouldn't live to see thread like this :X I haven't seen those since 1.5.

In my humble opinion assassin in pvp is one of the most effective class to use and with proper build assassin will run from no other class. As mentioned here several times: the part of skill when playing assassin is not to die. Yes, rangers will pick you from afar, but at the same time those are sitting ducks for stealthing assassin.

Soldiers are toughest match for assassin, but you are never matched against impossible odds like Hox vs Assassin ( it is really absurd for hox).

I am now in progress of making pvp video so I will put my money where my mouth is and show in it fights against T4 geared soldiers.

In fact you can see sneak peak here: http://youtu.be/rRyHExes3eU

Assassin's CC are faster than Dark Templar's so with proper timing you can not even get hit and burn him down.

I will agree on one thing: low pvp level assassins (1-3) in minis are meat for the meat grinder, but as things progress this class really holds it's own.

Other than that I would encourage everyone not to give up on this class. Yes, it is age of soldiers for now, but still assassins bring a lot to the table.
    That wasn't an impressive soldier. I would need twice the time to kill the strongest guards i "my minis" even if they were standing still. But they are not. They move well and are swinging polearms with longer range then my crossbow.

Anyway: I'm tired of repeating myself, so i just copy from one of my earlier posts about ppl. almost only focusing on the "soldier-part" in the opening post:

"That's not the main point.

I'm talking about having to spend 5 points in a feat that's not relevant any more (the first in general tree), after the stamina vs energy change. The feat is outdated.
    And I think that PvP gear should be good enough for PvP. After the expansions, PvE gear is a lot better. PvP gear is outdated.

It's about keeping the game up to date - to fix some broken parts."

And if all other classes have the same issues, as some claim, then Funcom should fix all classes. Why not? That's the normal thing to do?
    A game that don't keep things up to date gets more and more limited and gives an bad impression - especially for new players.

So you are just asking for the same thing every real pvper is asking for then (fix gear and tweak the classes), there's already countless threads about this though :/

I do agree that stamina management is a joke now making many feats and abilities outdated, while mana management still exists for several classes.
    Last edited by kalston; 9th July 2013 at 18:36.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast