Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any way to Kill a Sin/Ranger?

Default Any way to Kill a Sin/Ranger?

I've decided to play my Tempest of Set, it's PvP 5 with full Scarlet Circle + PvP Gear with T3 weapons. and I go into Bori, Minis etc.

I hit the sin, he becomes immune & DWW Bomb 1 shot's me
    Ranger does Linebreaker, Penshot + TTS

So, is there anyway I can beat these classes when they focus me in pvp?

thanks

Only if they are quite bad.

Your best bet would be to LoS the ranger all the time, and kite the sin around your melees, they might grow a brain at some point and 2 shot him while he chases you.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Sin's can be killed, not the rangers unless he stay in short range

With sins u have to kite a lot of 5 secs and not to get CCed, with rangers just dont get kbed by trap/lb and u should be fine 1v1 it is only guys with ridic gear who will cause u problems, in minis it is a bit different sins won't mostly be any problem but rangers are nasty and u have to do a lot of los checking, good thing is this new latency makes kiting vs sins much easier

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    With sins u have to kite a lot of 5 secs and not to get CCed, with rangers just dont get kbed by trap/lb and u should be fine 1v1 it is only guys with ridic gear who will cause u problems, in minis it is a bit different sins won't mostly be any problem but rangers are nasty and u have to do a lot of los checking, good thing is this new latency makes kiting vs sins much easier
    /approved

i just want to add you must know "dull pain" and "lotus overload" icons when fighting a sin

Quote Originally Posted by Nudded View Post
    I've decided to play my Tempest of Set, it's PvP 5 with full Scarlet Circle + PvP Gear with T3 weapons. and I go into Bori, Minis etc.

I hit the sin, he becomes immune & DWW Bomb 1 shot's me
    Ranger does Linebreaker, Penshot + TTS

So, is there anyway I can beat these classes when they focus me in pvp?

thanks
    ask funcom how to beat them
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Plenty ways mate.

Keep Stormfield up always.

Against an assassin always try to get in Thundering Voice to interrupt the first combo before he proc LO, some sins will not really know how to proceed instantly. Always debuff with sparks asap. Now kite if LO proc'ed.
    Precast a big spell with long cast-time to land as soon as LO expires, like Curse of Set or Column Lightning (3k++ always funny here)
    Use Cobra stare, if he's immune you can't even cast it. Now kite while using swift spells like Charged Blast and Life of Set. Knockback can be predictable, but it takes some practice.

If he double dot you use Static Blood
    If sin put bomb use PotSr

Tos can give sins a decent fight, but you will loose if sin got many CDs ready.

As for ranger. Doubletap the very predictable knockbacks (both Linebreaker and traps) most of them flee if you do, lol. Interrupt finishers with Stun or Thundering Voice (snare feated very good here)
    Debuff from afar with sparks + Curse of Set as you LoS and pop Stormfield. Move close and ****.

Always have Static Blood ready if he double/triple-dot you.
    PotSR if you fear a penshot + advantage/tts, or to avoid some ticks from dot.

i try to kite them (during LO+Dullpain+LO duration, so expect a minimum 15sec kiting) over-abusing their tiny dagger range.

...until they use from the darkness or they stagger me with DWW

Using potsr on bomb is the best advice here, problem is : best sins don't use bomb but SDS+Face Stab... Considering who is playing sin, i cast POTSR just after getting hitted by SDS.
    Other solution is silencing with thundering voice after they put miasma debuff so they can't cast it.

Instant LS + Elemental Fury are the key to finish down sins when they are low hp, instead of recasting Stormfield (1.5sec not moving and they can dish up 5-6k damage on you in that short time).

Doubletapping sin's kb is not very rewarded, since you still got the mini-root after that which is a boon for them.

Against ranger breaking LOS gives you time, but don't expect you will inspire fear to decent rangers since they know they have 30 meter range and your stormfield have 4 time less range so the difference is clearly in their favor. Don't use Static blood against them, don't work on their dot.

Which dot? Maybe one of them it doesn't work, but I've seen it work on atleast two of them?

I don't know if it fails/work specifically on one (don't have a ranger so it's pretty hard to notice), but observed many times no retributive damage at all even with 3 differents rangers dot on me.

Since anyway the retributive damage is low, i've dropped static blood months ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast