Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why new players think game is dead

Default Why new players think game is dead

I convinced a new player to become premium a couple of weeks ago.
    When he became premium he was very suprised that it was so much more ppl announcing for groups doing 6 mans and ppl announcing for pug raids etc at global chat. As new player you cant read global chat ???
    Why ??
    He thought the game was dead before even starting to play it.
    Isnt that a major big mistake from FC not making it possible for new players to read global chat so they get inspired to get premium account ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sozaa View Post
    Isnt that a major big mistake from FC not making it possible for new players to read global chat so they get inspired to get premium account ?
    Good joke, alot of good stuff from trolls there, so ye... enjoy.
    We will be Serious after death.

there is a Looking for Group channel, that players should use to make groups and not global, people use the global chat for it because they dont even try to see what else is there, but i dunno if LFG channel is locked to f2p though...
    to tell you the truth, whenever i try to get people by spamming on global chat, i get a bunch of players that dont follow rules, don't speak in raid/group chats, etc... and cause lots of wipes, so in my experience, if you want to play on decent groups in both quality of gameplay and fun from pugs go for the ones that use the LFG channel, chances are better
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

As i remember, NPH is the only "global" channel a f2p can read and write to (unless they have been premium or an old trial account once).

And i can only add the feedback from f2p friends, that what Sozaa said is indeed a problem.

LFG is disabled on all my characters, its full of goldseller adds that fill up my chat window and piss me off.

True. New players need to see more activity in the game so that they stick with it.

Also when creating a new character I noticed the chat window is only big enough to fit about 1-2 lines of large text. It's as if it has been designed with an old 15" CRT monitor in mind.

Time for Funcom to update the default user interface and bring it into this century.

Global chat will chase more new players away than convince them to play...

The dribble that goes on in there unchecked is unbelievable. I think i have actually lost brain cells by subjecting myself to it.

At most maybe allowing them to read it but definitely not comment since that will just bring the gold spammers there.

New player don't leave because of this, they leave because of the gap between veteran and them.

They come, they try fight, they dead without do anything, they ask people why they can't do nothing.

People tell them they must :

- Play year for pvp rank and token
    - Pve year for pvp
    - Or quit

I think people take all the time the more fast choice, quit.

Leveled a new DT in all the normal zones.

I literally didnt see any player in any of them except Connal's Valley. So boring

They don't think it's dead. IT IS dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmaelle View Post
    Leveled a new DT in all the normal zones.

I literally didnt see any player in any of them except Connal's Valley. So boring

They don't think it's dead. IT IS dead.
    It is, nothing make people play the game, why did they will play it ?

Can we see what is be a new player in age of conan ?

You are nothing, you are far away than veteran player, a new player must play at last 1 year or more to be only a little good.

Did player want play 1 year to be good ? I don't think so, what about be a noob for at last 1 year ? Be kill by everyone, be useless.

This is boring, and even more when people level to 1 - 80, they play alone, they don't think they play a mmo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast