I know this is like a pipe dream, but I thought I'd throw my two cents in to see what some of you think about this. I think the crafting zones, post revamp, should be converted into Lvl 82-85 level playfields with two factions each with new factions for veteran players like myself to get into. Most players, like me, have finished each Khitai faction multiple times and would like to see a new Tier of Faction BASED Gear.
The factions should be as follows:
Lacheish Plains: The Cimmerians vs The Hyperboreans/Vanir
Poitain: Nemedians vs Aquilonians
Purple Lotus Swamp: The Stygian Army vs Darfari

All of these factions have rich lore and, more importantly, existing armor and weapon sets that can easily be recolored and repurposed into a new tier of faction loot. The faction quests don't need to be as elaborate as Chosain per se, but quests to kill/collect/steal would still suffice in these barren zones.

Also I think it would be cool to have some of the existing enemies to roam these zones as raid bosses that can be fought in the map a la Golem. I would LOVE to have a reason to fight the HARBINGER of KAO, the jerk that loading screen has been warning me about since 2008! That would be so awesome! It would be a good way to introduce new accessories and weapons into the game using existing old-world assets.

And finally, and probably the most ambitious idea, is convert the resource field dungeons into unchained dungeons where the hands, shoulders, and belts of each resource field faction drop, much like in Khitai.

I realize the development team or directors don't really give a darn what I say but I must say I have loved this game since it came out and if they would listen to some of their loyal players they could make this game so much better! Stop bringing in new armor that sucks Funcom, the Dragonspine gear is terrible! Weve been farming Khitai for years and we've moved on! Give us new and improved stuff to get. Even if the art assests are repurposed from the old game, there are still many armors NPCs wear that cannot be worn by players yet and Id love to see this armor on my characters someday.

Thanks Funcom for the great game and Im hoping for a bigger and better future for AOC!