Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: please revamp classes before bringing more aa's

Default please revamp classes before bringing more aa's

hello fellow players & funcom people.

i make this thread to ofc qq about class revamps having been shelved once again as they have been for too long now.

as much as i welcome new aa's wich i realy do want to make viable new play styles and possibly new specs viable;
    its unreasonable to bring them when necromancer class has been so needing a revamp for so many years
    when hox class so desperatly needs tweaks to feat trees+ combo animations.
    when ranger class needs to be brought back to being an enjoyable class with combos restored and diferenciated bow/xbow and maybe even making melee play style possible.
    when barbs are so obsolete in pve given conq does everything a barb can better.
    when dark templars need to have tweaks done so they arent dependeant on 1 single perk void of madness.

overall mages desperatly need to be revamped and have been so for years along side rogues and some tweaks to dt&guardian.

hope you take this in consideration prior to wasting time bringing achievemnts and more aa's to game prior to making revamps wich have been in need and always neglected for too long now.

reguards and enjoy the holidays
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

/signed

DT dps does not make sense. It's a tank class isn't it?

I am infinity% in agreement with this. If you balance and adjusted the classes, for pvp and pve, it would eliminate the need for new aa and other wasted projects.

If you throw some new aa feats, and they make a class op, then when you adjust the classes to compensate, it will be exactly the same as it is now, lopsided.

Having someone work on the balancing act all the time will go a lot farther than the majority of plans you have.

And only 1 mini game for pvp in the planned future now?

Craig....?
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 2nd July 2013 at 13:59.

while i do agree that class revamps should get higher prio than AA's the perfect solution would be to do it at the same time as AAs after the revamp could **** things up again (and vice versa)

most of those classes have already been revamped...

If they just spend time revamping the same 4 classes over and over nothing will ever get done. My 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by lonetac View Post
    most of those classes have already been revamped...

If they just spend time revamping the same 4 classes over and over nothing will ever get done. My 2 cents.
    Casters have not been revamped yet, got shelved and then ignored. Introducing more AA's to broken classes will then break the new AA's once (if ever) they do get revamped.

Fix it once, not add stuff that will need to be fixed because it will change during a revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Casters have not been revamped yet, got shelved and then ignored. Introducing more AA's to broken classes will then break the new AA's once (if ever) they do get revamped.

Fix it once, not add stuff that will need to be fixed because it will change during a revamp.
    Not sure where you been but some casters have been revamped so your statement is completely inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post

What revamp do demos & necros need?

Or HoXes, for that matter.
    • Yeah, there are pointless feats. But there are still multiple working spec options.
    • Addressing the slow animations that cause early weakness in PVP would require changing the class concept itself, which happens to be one of the best class concepts in any MMO.
    • As is, the HoX is already arguably the most fun class in AoC.
    • Per the game director, apparently any progress on the revamp was apparently not passed on to the current dev team, which means a couple overworked devs are going to rewrite the class concept from scratch?

Uh pass.

1-2 tweaks to fix feats would be nice. But I'd rather spend my energy hoping for AA feats that flavor the play and customization options more, without changing the fundamentals of the class.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast