Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Heartfelt Goodbye

Default A Heartfelt Goodbye

I'm not really a fan of beating around the bush, much like Joel, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. July 5th is going to come around, and, well, I’m not going to be here anymore. That’s right, as of July 5th, I will no longer be working for Funcom or be your Community Manager. I know my time with you guys was short, and I am sad that some ideas will not be realized now, but I hope you know that I will miss this community.

First and foremost, it’s of my own choosing! No worries that something crazy went on behind the scenes or anything like that. I totally didn’t have some sort of controversial fling with someone in the office in a barbarian costume. *cough* So stop thinking about that. I have actually been offered a very cool position on the community team at The Gamer Nation, a company that specializes in YouTube gaming channels, and I have decided that I want to take it and try something new. Instead of focusing on a few games, I can focus on all of the games! And that truly is where my passion lies – not the creation of games, but the support of games and the gaming industry. I can’t code to save my life, but I can support the coders! :P

While I have enjoyed my time at Funcom immensely, and that is the reason this decision was so hard, I feel it is my time to go and try something new. I have a great opportunity to help build another community, and I want to take it. This choice did not come lightly, however, as I have made more friends at this company than I think I’ve ever had in my entire life.

Besides, you guys are just fine without me. You run tons of events without my help and throw great in-game parties while listening to awesome radio stations. But, since I will be gone, and I know I helped support many events, if you are looking for support for your event, you will want to contact Tarib for support from now on. Please understand that with my leaving, he may not be able to respond to requests right away, so no bombarding him! I know that you are being left in very capable hands, and that the Funcom team is going to take awesome care of you. Joel’s always on the forums to answer questions and the developers are all over the place – far more than I’ve seen on other MMO forums. You have a great community here, and a great game. And it’s going to continue being great for years to come.

On a sad note, there will be no "Your Voice" this month, and it is discontinued for the foreseeable future.

And with that, I am off on another adventure. Don’t you worry, I’ll be around! Just not as often as before, and not in an official capacity, but definitely around. I would love to get some coverage for Age of Conan once that new crafting system comes out.
    Amber "Morteia" Grant
    Funcom Community Manager
    Part-time barbarian
    [URL="https://twitter.com/Morteia"][COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"]Tweetin' with fury[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/Morteia"][COLOR="YellowGreen"]The Book of Many Faces[/COLOR][/URL]
    [URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/101026195233172439967/posts"][COLOR="Red"]Everyday I'm Google-in'[/COLOR][/URL]

Goodbye, Morteia.
    Goodluck for ur new job.
    I wish u success.

Goodluck with the future

ps: we should play AoC sometime

Well..all the best to you in your future career and everything around that.

Still sad about the Your Voice as it was one of the best things happening last couple months, I hope someone takes the lead and continues.

That's bad news for us and funcom, but it seems good news to you
    Good luck and safe travels!

Good luck, Morteia! Hope you'll still kick back on AoC sometimes =)

I miss articulate people already...
    Skua - Bear Shaman (Bloodline)
    Misscreantt - Guardian (TRIBUNAL)

So long Morteia. Even though you weren't here that long I appreciated you as community manager because your posts were always open, friendly, and not at all adversarial.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Goodbye Morteia, and all the best for your future endeavours.

Thanks in particular for sifting through pages and pages of comments to filter out some actual questions for the Your Voice feature
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast