Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Game Director Letter - June 2013

Can mages get AA's that are useful and impact the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    ...the end game is about repeating the same quests and bosses over and over ad nauseum.

PVE mechanics are limited and when repeated several times they get boring. Most of people just keep playing for social relationships or for getting that "desired equipment", not because the game is fun.

And Hyboria could be such an epic and thrilling place. And for that it should be dangerous and unpredictable.

Lets put aside PvP for a moment. If the game has to be Player vs Environment, make the environment evolve to be a challenge again, and then add pve achievements as a bonus.

A lot of good suggestions have been already posted in this forum, here some of them:

NPC Invasions, attacking guild cities and causing real destruction (not just rethorical destruction).

Plagues and famines.

Religious fanatics uprisings.

Randomized thieves, bandits and kidnappers appearing all around Hyboria.

Hidden valuable treasures (worth as shards for example).

The general idea is to make Hyboria much more alive.

Lets make unchained old world dungeons, but also unchained old world regions. Make them "all level 85", wipe out all trash looting, disable local travels, add new achievement quests and make us experience again "the days of high adventure".

Achievements are great if tehy are done like in TSW. Add lore pieces from Howards stories to the world. Gate some pets/mounts behind achievements. Bingo. That also doe not take away much development time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    Achievements are great if tehy are done like in TSW. Add lore pieces from Howards stories to the world. Gate some pets/mounts behind achievements. Bingo. That also doe not take away much development time.
    Yes, part of the attraction for me is that an achievement system seems like "low-hanging fruit." TSW already has a system to build off; achievements add a lot of "content" (new things to pursue plus reasons to do old/ignored stuff); and achievements don't take as much development or tuning as a new feature or dungeon or crafting revamp, etc. etc.

Which all adds up to: it might come in the foreseeable future.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I don't think I have hidden that fact with regards to the crafting system. It's a lot of work.
    I've got one question regarding the crafting revamp myself. Nothing has been mentioned about architecture with this revamp - not just the guild cities but the guild city decorations and such...what will the plan be for those?
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

This was asked already in "your voice may"

Otherwise you could simply add it here:
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...2&postcount=73

Maybe a moderator can move the above thread to "crafting", please?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th July 2013 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I don't think I have hidden that fact with regards to the crafting system. It's a lot of work.
    Plz shoulder the burden of "Your voice" to another mod/dev/marketing guy or whatever u can manage, keep it running!

(just quoting in the hope of higher chance that u read it..^^)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345