Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Solo Raid

It's an MMO. Learn to group with people and learn to play your classes. It's akin to asking for T4 gear on tortage. T4 gear is won in T4. Not on iron isle.

This same guys starts this fail thread every few days. Begging for a handout.

Diff players hav diff playstyles.

Get off ur high horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    large numbers of players interacting means so much more than just raiding...chatting, teaming up in open world, fighting in open world, group content, even solo content and exchanging tactics and builds is interacting...

@Ponya: With my suggestion above you would still keep the "rare" factor of high end items, the "progression" feeling of achievement but would gain freedom of "how" you grind as soon as you have proven you can "beat" the content. There would also still be a higher chance to get those rares, if you chose the repeative way (random loot access will only be in those instances). Imo, there is no need to force the players to repeat the same content over and over

As might have been seen in other games and in aoc, if you limit access to progression or focus only certain gamestyles, the air will get thin at the top, especially if you keep adding more and more difficult tiers. You can then make the old stuff easier (keeping the grind/timesinkishness, but dumbing content down) or simply balance that through ease of access and conversion (same difficulty, but more ways to reduce the grind part).
    I was focusing of the topic. I don't mean create a single path, but "leading people" to do a logical progression with obvious "freedom".

But giving out the actual end game with an option to solo farming it, would be a mistake. Giving a taste/sample which motivate people to team up to obtain, would be better.
    The fun part isn't "to get stuff" but trying to get it.
    Last edited by Ponya; 2nd July 2013 at 06:02.

T4 for a restricted elite. I don't know where you play but it must be a deserted server.

I think that half the population on Crom wears T4 gear, and i believe it must be the same on Fury and most likely Set.

T4 has spread quite nicely.

That being said, asking for solo content to give T4 gear is asking to be spanked with a shovel.
    I mean, check the ridiculous last boss in Sepulcher, it drops stuff worse than khitai gear.
    Does one really want to run a 4 hours solo instance which would most likely be a total pain in the ass with ridiculous gear check just to get 1 T4 token ?

As pointed out already, that would lock you out from MMO content because you can't just pause the instance and leave. The very idea is counter productive in MMOs.

If T4 tokens were to be added to solo content, it should be at the end of quests such as the main one in Dragon Spine.
    Like, you get the epic flute plus 1 or 2 T4 tokens, because the quest is awesome, it's long enough, well designed since it's not about gear check but figuring out riddles, rather epic, and you can pause it anytime to run some dungeon with a group, then come back and resume.

That, i believe, would be a more proper way to reward T4 tokens, more than solo dungeon with stupid gear check.

Quote Originally Posted by PutchPT View Post
    i agree with your point of view to have quests completed differently if you want to know the story, but giving TOKENS and RARE RELICS/DRAGON TEARS, to solo players!!?? comon' thats to idiotic IMO
    I'm not sure why you're reacting so strongly. I told you I'd be happy with obsidian eggs.

Just let me finish the story without relying on a group of people who don't care anyway. I've never played a game in order to get good gear. So when the reasoning behind locking me out of story elements is that I don't "deserve" good gear, I get confused and disappointed because I never even asked for it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    T4 for a restricted elite. I don't know where you play but it must be a deserted server.

I think that half the population on Crom wears T4 gear, and i believe it must be the same on Fury and most likely Set.

That being said, asking for solo content to give T4 gear is asking to be spanked with a shovel.
    I mean, check the ridiculous last boss in Sepulcher, it drops stuff worse than khitai gear.
    Does one really want to run a 4 hours solo instance which would most likely be a total pain in the ass with ridiculous gear check just to get 1 T4 token ?

As pointed out already, that would lock you out from MMO content because you can't just pause the instance and leave. The very idea is counter productive in MMOs.

If T4 tokens were to be added to solo content, it should be at the end of quests such as the main one in Dragon Spine.
    Like, you get the epic flute plus 1 or 2 T4 tokens, because the quest is awesome, it's long enough, well designed since it's not about gear check but figuring out riddles, rather epic, and you can pause it anytime to run some dungeon with a group, then come back and resume.

That, i believe, would be a more proper way to reward T4 tokens, more than solo dungeon with stupid gear check.
    So u r saying ppl would not raid T4 if they r given an alternative

The idea was for 8 T4 tokens

U r coming off as an elitist trying to prevent other players from getting T4 epics

Dude, no one is trying to prevent anything.

We're discussing here for the sake of it, but if you believe just one second that any QQ, whine, argument done here will change anything about Funcom's way of designing content, you are high or delusional.

Bottom line is, this is just a discussion, it has no impact whatsoever on the game design, so just quit your emo state already.

FC introduced Forgotten City, DMH and Iron Isle for solo players.

If there is demand then FC will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomkiller View Post
    FC introduced Forgotten City, DMH and Iron Isle for solo players.
    Yup, and that stuff was aimed at providing another mechanism whereby solo players could obtain Khitai faction epics over a substantially longer time frame versus grinding dungeons for them. And it was only for a subset of items.

It wasn't about enabling people to avoid raiding altogether.

Raid gear is raid gear, you should only be able to obtain it via raiding. That's kind of the point.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    But not properly, it's another subject.
    I Still think discussing has a small impact, but whining/trolling spoiled it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast