Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Crafting suggestions/concerns/info from the old forums

Old 12th January 2011, 11:51
    #28 dioniz84

I see some great ideas.
    Some of them could be to hard to implement for Fncome. So I came up with an idea. Keep the system as it is just add something "on top of it". Made an example:
    New Bluesteel Greatsword

My Englishi is not great, but I try to explain.
    With new system each crafted item can be made as it is now with a recepie and materials. New item would have a slot for a gem as it has now, but there would be some extra "ignots" slots there. I called it "ignots" but by that I meat and existing rare (green one) and craftable (blue one) mats. So after crafting a sword if you feel like adding an extra material in to it you can do it and this will give you an extra bonus.

Big minus is that it is similar to the gem system we have. But at the end it can be some solutin.
    - no need to implement new materials/gathering system (can be implemented ofc, but it is not required)
    - gives point to use some of the crafted gear
    - user decides about the final stats on the gear

Just an idea.

P.S. picture is based on YG and numbers are given as an example and should be polished. Difference between green and blue mats bonuses should reppresent the difference in their value.

Old 14th January 2011, 09:54
    #29 Khayle

I would love a bunch of rotgs recipes which would make it possible to do what we did back in the day when we started raiding T1. Build gear and weapons that made us survive. I honestly don't care if the stats are crap compared to the dungeon gear, as long as it gives critigation and enough for me to heal in instances and nuke outside.

Can't be that hard to copy the gfx from the green gear in Khitai and set up recipes for us. You can sell them for a modest amount of MOA or cash at vendors around in Khitai. In a few months you can add some more recipes which cost us dungeon tokens but have better stats (maybe even an epic or two?).

Old 14th January 2011, 10:14
    #30 Jorgy

In MMOs it is only one crafting system that I have thought good, and that is from the uber game Ultima Online.

I'm lazy so will just post a slinky to the site where it is described

Old 14th January 2011, 10:26
    #31 Khayle

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JorgyCyborgy View Post
    The best crafting systen anywhere is in Anarchy Online. Several thousand recipes and gear to die for. They have EVERYTHING you can think of and some you never would have thought of. I don't think anyone has found all of the tradecomponent combinations they have, 10 years after it's release.

Old 16th January 2011, 11:05
    #32 Wardley

Ok - just a few thoughts on crafting and gathering...

1) Restrict the gathering professions so that you can't learn all of them. Maybe allow you to learn a max of 2 gathering as well as 2 crafting.

2) If you learn the skinner or cloth gathering professions, you will get guaranteed leather or cloth from different mobs (leather from animals, cloth from humans). I still think I've got to do the quest to get some gnarled leather on my lvl 80 guy now because I never managed to gather any when I was questing in the right area and had the right quest (got some beforehand when I was just collecting normal leather but not once I'd got the specific quest for it).

3) Start the crafting professions at the same time (ie - available from level 20) as the gathering professions so that you can gather the mats you need to craft what you want at the same time rather than either hording everything you think you might need until level 40, or going back to lower level areas to collect the mats or spending too much at the trader.

Old 17th January 2011, 22:34
    #33 kana86

crafting system needs a revamp.

at present, the crafting system is not at all funny, it's really unhelpful, and has few end game content

it takes a considerable improvement in all professions, recipes, and crafting the gameplay in general. For example:

- add the ability to use tools such as forges, anvils, work tables, tables for a tailor to make fun and realistic phase of crafting item.

- change the skin of many items, and differentiate, and add new items, new recipes and especially new ways to obtain the recipe, which are not only drop, but vendor, reputations with factions, renown, quest.

- change the skin of the book of crafting that at present it is very confusing, and make it more simple and user-friendly

- review the individual professions, as some professions such as armorsmith allow you to create many types of objects, a vast gamam just basic, but very few have professions as gemcutting objects.

- add the ability to create many more consumable items, for the various professions in order to reinvigorate the market, such as items created with armorsmith that increase the armor for a certain period of time, items created with Weaponsmith, increasing the melee damage for a short period of time, etc.

sorry for my bad english.

Old 17th January 2011, 22:54
    #34 Kurt777

Originally Posted by KANA86 View Post
    crafting system needs a revamp.

- change the skin of many items, and differentiate, and add new items, new recipes and especially new ways to obtain the recipe, which are not only drop, but vendor, reputations with factions, renown, quest.
    This! /signed

Old 24th January 2011, 13:45
    #35 paulson

It's just odd that it's been so long without any real crafting updates. Last time I remember Silirrion talking about crafting was back in january 2010, in a italian magazine http://www.mmorpgitalia.it/site/show...89#post3329889

The biggest flaw with the current crafting system is that it's heavily influenced by goldsellers. The goldsellers provide all the rares needed for the massproduction of items done by the players.

The only way a new player can obtain money to buy crafted gear is to do incredibly booring runs around resource zones and undercut goldsellers at the trader.

What's needed is to reduce the influence the goldsellers have on the crafting economy. Future recipes should use rares dropping from mobs and nodes in adventure zones instead.

Because of the unlimited amounts of nodes in the resource zones there's a queue of 5-10 items for sale on most of the recipes. With rares coming from limited nodes and mobs in adventure zones instead there would be far fewer items on sale, perhaps not even enough rares to craft all items at a given time. Opening the option for better profit.

This would return some of the control of the economy back to the players, and there would be more ways for new players to make money.

It's more fun to make money while killing mobs than it's to run circles in poitain for example, or get a really valuable rare from a basalt node in Paikang while questing.

There also needs to be more ways to obtain recipes. Some players enjoy gathering acclaim tokens, why not let them buy some unique recipes with them?

Others like to collect gems, leathers, and other stuff, these could also be traded for recipes so that the economy becomes healtier. This would also give players different options to make money, and options are always good!

Another big problem today is that the veterans have nothing to buy at the trader, and they're just accumulating money with little to buy outside what they buy to craft. This makes the economy go bad as money dosent flow very good around. New players have really shitty options to make money, and especially in Khitai there's few options exept hoping for a epic drop perhaps which very few ever get.

New world drop/Khitai drop recipes would get the veterans to spend money again, and random players would get "rich" and spend money on the trader. If we go back about 12-18 momths the money flowed better when the crafters still purchased recipes.

Old 24th January 2011, 14:23
    #36 Khayle

Quote:
    "Originally Posted by paulson View Post
    Others like to collect gems, leathers, and other stuff, these could also be traded for recipes so that the economy becomes healtier. This would also give players different options to make money, and options are always good!"

This just pushes prices through the roof, making resources even rarer than they are today and giving gold sellers an ever better market than they have now. The only reason why this isn't happening in WoW for example is because people are dumber than a doorknob over there. I doubt the same effect, of people undercutting prices by 70%, will be seen here. Every time something has made a resource rare in AoC the prices have gone through the roof and stayed there until Funcom increased the drop.

So please don't do this. We'll just have an even harder time doing tradeskills...

Just add more recipes damnit! It's not that bloody hard, and it should have been way up there on the list of thing to do, before all the revamps and quests for this and that and whatnot... Most mmorpgs I know of with a gear dependant system have a steady influx of new recipes throughout the lifecycle of the game, but not in AoC, and you're probably loosing alot on it...

Just add craftable greens with critigation which have better stats than Tier 1 and where all have gem slots. Then you add a bunch of gems with slightly better stats than the current ones and add one with critigation. Voila! The incessant T1 drive in the community falls on it's face for everyone, replaced by people pushing for T3 and T4.

It's not that hard to imagine where you should aim your efforts when it comes to crafting and you should hurry up, cause even though you didn't think you would have to change update tradeskilling when AoC was made you also have to remember that you decided to go gear dependant and that means gear gear gear.

You laid the bed now you better hump like a bunch o' rabbits!

Old 25th January 2011, 07:20
    #37 Rabacastra

Wrote some ideas here.

Not to mention improving your gathering skill(s) maybe even could let you gather more resources per "node" and perhaps even faster as well.

F.ex.
    - Today you spend 6 seconds each Oak you gather. Lets say you instead spend 8 seconds each time when you just learned the process, and can improve your speed gathering as you fulfill certain goals by quests or badges down to f.ex amazingly 4 seconds. Reward players wherever they go!
    - Today you use 10% of your selected resource to receive 1 unit of it while gathering. Perhaps it could start at 15%, and get improved by quests and/or badges down to an insane 5%. Don't make it easy though!
    - Divide the possibilities to improve your skills by a general and a specialized direction. Where the general gives you a better understanding of all resources, and the specialized give you a better understanding of each resource separately.
    - Let all resources start at 100% when you open a new instance. If nobody's been there, starting them all at 0% is simply not very thought through. Its not as if people can exploit it very much. And if they do? Let them... Still takes 2 minutes to reset an instance unless you run to a resurrection pad. Which both would normally be longer than to just run to another resource.

But before i go totally bananas on the resource subject here, these are just possible improvements. They would in my opinion add a huge bonus to each character as well as a better depth to parts of the game. But there are many aspects that could be changed, tweaked and even added to Age of Conan.

As i mentioned earlier, its not what the players want in the endgame that you should focus on if you want more players to come. But rather improve the impression of the game as a whole! (oh this is so important, i don't think any of the devs quite see it)
    Now don't get me wrong, adding endgame content is also very important. But thats not where you receive new players! And Age of Conan needs more players..!
    Not 10% more.
    Not 50% more..
    Not twice more...
    But 10 times more! At the very, very least.

If you don't see whats wrong. Why more people wont come and stay in the game.
    Perhaps it's time to bring in someone new who can think completely out of the box? Because i really believe you have found yourself stuck at the wrong tracks somewhere.
    Many improvements to the game are really great! But they might not have been the right strategy always.

The game got potential. (guess you get tired of hearing this) And today its more common for users to have the hardware needed to run the somewhat demanding software Age of Conan at least used to be. The hardware is less and less a hinder for the user.
    Old 25th January 2011, 09:03
    #38 kana86

I would add:
    improvement or a complete revision of the crafting system (as of today is shallow, too easy, and very little fun)

- would be nice to add some new profession, as herbalism (around Hyboria collect herbs to make potions and more) or enchanting (to enchant items, adding new statistics)
    - deepen the gathering professions. Many of these have no real sense (skinning and weaving in the first place)
    - add quest to obtain recipe
    - add recipe vendors around Hyboria
    - Get recipes by guild renown
    - Get recipes by reputation with factions
    - Addition of social professions, such as fishing or add guild professions, such as agriculture (would be nice to cultivate fields in the cities of the guild, and then collect vegetables , and more to create potions , food and elixir ) .
    - use static tools such as anvils and forges, to create objects (it is not realistic and good, forge a sword in the middle of a corn field without even a small fire)
    - Replace the menu of crafting book, which is currently dispersed and totally unclear
    - add a better description of the recipe that makes you understand immediately that item can be created
    - add new recipe for professions such as alchemy and gemcutting that really have very little basic recipe compared to other professions as armorsmith (to create potions or elixirs such as those taken in Khitai that add strength, costitution or other statistics, or create gems that give critigation)
    - add more epic recipe, without forcing the players to make a raid to have or create this recipe (new epic armor set, epic weapons and accessory)

have a rewarding crafting system, detailed and fun, it's one of many methods to focus more attention of new players and old players on something else.
    In addition to having many more opportunities to trade, to have the item without needing to do istance or factions reputation.

Old 27th January 2011, 11:01
    #39 mercsteff

right now the crafting is a big fail. If you look at your main, that will gear up in raids. If you look at your alts, just park them in kk and the blue drops from instances are better than culture sets(heck, some are better than t2 raid gear). There are a few exceptions that were already pointed out here, but those are very, extremely, ridiculously few. Why the hell would I waste 60g on culture or 20-40g on a weapon? khitai killed crafting.

another great addition would be a scalable way to add sockets to your weapons, maybe even armor. The higher the tier of the item in question, that harder, more expensive it would be to add a socket to it. But still, it would give an option. I really envy most classes cuz they can either use ibis or farm shards and get one of the imba t3 crafted weapons. Both options are 100% better for them. For HoXes, there's only ibis and getting that means a big trade off as far as magic dmg goes... Im used to FC never creating hox specific items (see TA and HK drops, rings, amulets, capes... mage stuff, not hox), but at least give us some long ass tedious way of improving the few we get.

Old 27th January 2011, 11:30
    #40 Rhazmuz

Can only agree to this.

For end game crafting is useless, if you look beyond the raid crafting encounters.

Revamp crafting, and give crafters the opportunity to craft sets that are equivilant in power of khitai/t1/t2 even...

Also add in some professions which can actually benefit/support main end game players. IE a rune system or a socket/badge system, where you in dungeons and special encounters(Ideal for 12 man raids and open world dynamic encounetrs), can get these drops in some form and then either apply to any kind of gear, or be crafted and then use don gear.

Divide into pve and pvp categories for balance between the playstyles..

Honestly, you would add so much incentive to play explore with systems like this, and would add alot of gameplay for end game players between raids.

From "time look over craft system with khitia..." thread:

Old 21st November 2010, 06:04
    #1 Nimyla

Time look over craft system with kithia weapon/armor/architect train
    Why is that we cant learn from a train kithia weapon/armor/architect repice in expansion??

Im talk about like the craft train we have in Laceish Plains, Poitain, Purple Lotus Swamp which can be alternative we can make now green and blue weapon/armor which you can use to lvl up in for alt

For if you look at history ppl do get idea for other cultures if was not for Chinese alchemists we would have gunpower here in Europe if was not for silk road

Who dont want learn to make kithia weapon, armor and replace build in guild city with kithia style building

If guild city is T1, T2 T3 you dont have build everything over again you can just simple change look of buildings ofc

For in every mmogame i have play when expansion have come the have also update craft and yes some may not like this for you need grinder but this is way to get break from grinder party that we have today in expansion

you can also make ppl special in carft for exmple light armor that mean you make better armor of light and maybe even some epic armor which is to good but maybe better then stand blue armor and ofc it will take alot more mats to make it

why not alove factions sell craft repice at factions vendor that is unique for the factions not whole set maybe chest, legs and helm

And Funcom i know the have been on talk at start of Conan but when will you add 1h and 2h AXE to craft train serious this is Conan and weapon smith cant make AXE come on is this not most savage mmo game

Old 21st November 2010, 18:57
    #3 kana86

I approve your idea, and I agree that it would be nice to have an update for the crafting Khitans weapons/armor/other

but I think the whole crafting system needs a total revamp, because now is not very detailed and exciting

For example,
    - it would be nice to use the tools to create weapons, armor and more, as forges, anvils, work tables and more
    - would be helpful and nice to have more details on recipes, get new recipes, new types of recipes, have merchants that sell new recipes, recipes can be obtained with a reputation or as a quest reward
    - would be nice to also have more jobs as Herblism to gather herbs, plants and flowers to use for alchemy, Enchanting for spells to use to create weapons and armor

I also think that it is also important to deepen the existing professions, making them more innovative and entertaining

everything would be very nice, but I hope that the FC should focus first on the most serious problems as a bug fix, balance classes, etc., and then think about adding such features as a revamp of crafting

Old 22nd November 2010, 14:13
    #9 Melekaiah

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post

back on topic.

Crafting needs a huge overhaul. the entire system.

Architects:
    need to feel useful. Diffrent styles of walls, (give us a bunch of choices here, 5-10 choices maybe? for each building type. actually even three woudl mix it up a lil. but is not enoough.

you have prooven it can be done with the spots taht you can build different small addons too. but they dont offere enough icentive. perhaps different buildings can offer different stat bonuses for your guild. leading to warrior / caster focused guilds. *(bad idea i know just brainstorming)

Armorers / weaponsmiths:
    All we really need are things like shards that drop, in each tier, materials.
    that can let us make tier weapons. perhaps something like darksteel, blah blah. whatever you wanna call them. but one set per tier. with which you can make a weapon. you could reuse the old world drops as recipies and even include the tier 1/2/3 class based weapons.

this would let us make those pieces and truly chose are weapon of choice rather than JUST luck. again more choice.

same with armor. said pieces could be used for armor.

- problem is you would have people screaming at eachother for this honor. so im not sure if this is a good fit for game balance. to not break the economy maybe you just need to include more choices for the token system.

Gem maker person:
    im not a fan of how it works at all. im not sure how it should work either. but currently it feels uninspired. i could write up a real long well thought idea. but im not sure it will even be read. so i dunno.

Old 22nd November 2010, 14:31
    #10 Scythie

First Ibrock. I would say that was the most brilliantly put and eloquent flame i have read in these forum, I am in fits of laughter!

On topic.
    Oh i so hope they revamp crafting. Separation of the armorsmith progression for instance would be great! Metal, leather and cloth in separate progressions could lead to more trade.

Also learning cultural items in progression after 80.

Say learning to make Stygian looking armors in Khemi. Cimmerian looking armors in Conarch. Maybe they could be racially limited so only an Aquillonian could learn Aqui items perhaps.

That way class and background would come into play as well. No Cimm could make mage armors as that would be... well frowned upon in Cimmeria.

I think it would be great if not all the craftable 80+ things were Khitai looking. I would like to be able to wear a Aquillonian Sin armor with critigation. (I am not a big fan of the Khitai bellbottom leggings )

* Search this Thread

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
    Old 23rd November 2010, 13:20
    #11 Nimyla

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KANA86 View Post
    "- it would be nice to use the tools to create weapons, armor and more, as forges, anvils, work tables and more"

Funcom should take a look at Vanguard mmogame the have really good carft system and you also need to at forges, anvils and work tables to craft and also you get misshave like you cut you finger and you get tired if craft to much and when get tired you do more misstake really funny

When hear your char scream when the cut themself or put needle in there finger or start to yawn

Also in Vanguard you get lvl up in craft just we get here in pvp and pve so you be really really good in craft but very low lvl in pve and pvp

Old 23rd November 2010, 15:14
    #12 putteson

yes Vanguard hawe the best crafting system ever so i hope FC can tack a lock at it and do some simular, i hawe also herd that Fallen Earth hawe a good crafting system to, so maybe do a mix off those 2 ....

and yes architect need some cany. to add the player owend houses (that hawe ben hot on the forum sins day 1 off beta) will give not only the architect something to do, the oter crafts needs to do the rawmaterilat to build whit.

From "crafting individual items" thread:

Old 10th October 2010, 18:57
    #1 Kurt777

crafting individual items
    Anyone remembers Daggerfall?
    The crafting system was really nice in this game...so i was wondering, if something similar wouldn't be possible in AoC as well.
    Like having a basic armor/weapon component requiring the according tier ingredients, then adding some boni with special ingredients (the amount and level according to tier and armorsmith skill) or even special abilities with really rare mats and maybe some special spell/recipe drops or a special building/quest.
    This way you could craft useful armor for any class and combine looks with useability
    For example you could enchant a white item with basic boni, making it green...enchant a green one further making it rare...one more step and add gem slots. This should be possible with any found item and cost accordingly and increase the item level as well.

Is Alchemy getting a revamp too? The only thing I could find for sure was the gem transmutation... Pardon my cynicism, WOOO-WHOO!

They really need to add some more fun stuff to this game, I hate to say it but at this point COPY WOW! I just mean clearly we aren't getting an expansion in the next year or two, are we? That would be so cool! So in lieu of not having any actual new character progression maybe think about adding some purely fun professions?

Man, I know what the answer is going to be and it sucks, because it's not content, Content, CONTENT!
    Last edited by perkyzombie; 18th November 2013 at 22:54.

I love the current crafting system: well done, Funcom guys! Raid crafting is one of the most unique features of Age of Conan!
    But I would never mind an option to dye one's armor. Perchance, new dye Alchemist drops should be introduced?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast