Thread: How many gbs is Age Of Conan?

Default How many gbs is Age Of Conan?

I would like to know before I download it.

you do not need to download everything at start, download areas you gonna play first, then download the rest later if you wan tto play the game right away, the configuration for it is found on the launcher option
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Newer clients seems to be lighter - my first had 35GB after one year.

Right now it's closer to 25GB, even after some time.

The game downloads some stuff during playing or zoning if you didn't download everything before launching - this can affect performance a lot.

Hmm, 25GB? My game folder is currently 49.2GB and I did a clean install 2-3 months ago. I did download all low/high res textures but that shouldn't make so great a difference.
    Maybe it's because I installed from media then patched it, perhaps a clean DL from the patch server is smaller?
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
    The world we know is cold and hard; the weak shall be trampled underfoot and the strong will march forward to glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    The game downloads some stuff during playing or zoning if you didn't download everything before launching - this can affect performance a lot.
    yes true, but if, for example you are new on the game and creating first character, then only the tortage stuff in the launcher, then when you leave tortage, exit the game, go to the launcher and configure to permanently download other areas your gonna need, and so on so on, meaning no need to download the whole game the first time around, and after reaching 80 for first time you just have to download khitai stuff if you buy the expansion...

its a good way to try out the game as fast as possible
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;