Thread: Necro PVE Build vs Single

Default Necro PVE Build vs Single

Hey Guys,
    Fairly new to necro's, generally a DT person, trying to understand the best way to inflict damage on single targets,

Am I best off with Pet Builds or ?

I am building up brittle blade gear now for the crits,

How should I setup my feat tree / AA Perks for maximising single opponent damage (PVE not PVP)

Thanks!

Feat into corruptors, bone horde, curse of pain and one with death if mob with high protection and voulnerable to physical.

Use arcanists with cabal and empower archmagus for those voulnerable to magic.

Crit gear isn't very important on Necro as you will likely have Death God up most of the time (100% crit buff).

You would want unholy inspiration buff and the +30% on flesh to worms from nightfall.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Feat into corruptors, bone horde, curse of pain and one with death if mob with high protection and voulnerable to physical.

Use arcanists with cabal and empower archmagus for those voulnerable to magic.

Crit gear isn't very important on Necro as you will likely have Death God up most of the time (100% crit buff).

You would want unholy inspiration buff and the +30% on flesh to worms from nightfall.
    curse of pain not worth it, want to know why? parse it^^.

one with death is tricky feat its rare a fight you can use it without risking death but yeah with good group setup you can do a little more dps, totaly skipable in present form to be honest.

your totaly off on crit rating the more the merrier.
    dont believe me parse yourself with full set bb then do samething with t3 or sc.
    i seem to recal it even afected your pets so more crit rating more your pets can crit, death god only afects your spells not your pets.

yep unholy inspiration good, worm swarm good too and remember to use blasphemy buff to have a few double ticks of ftw as well.

arcanists are best mage pets and ofc having cabal+empowered archmagnus makes them a bit better.

still if you can go close to boss using despoil the soul will grant you higher damage to bosses with no magic mitigation and provide better aoe with infestation+icestrike+blasphemous ruin.

if you realy want to max out single target dps practice getting parasite host buff from sw and obtaining as many skulls as you can while buff is up, use ftw+br+is(one of them should come as instant cast)+pb
    more skulls more single target dps given each one of them will be afected by team buffs increasing individualy each pet's dps by having them do more crit hits+higher hitting crits+getting afected by other classes damage procs+combat rating.

if you want specs check builds thread, plenty of viable builds there already
    Last edited by noite80; 27th June 2013 at 16:41.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Lol, curse of pain. 20s debuff giving maybe a 10% chance of doing 30 extra damage for melee attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by RawssGoredon View Post
    Lol, curse of pain. 20s debuff giving maybe a 10% chance of doing 30 extra damage for melee attacks.
    it used to give all melee atacker including melee pets chance to deliver huge crit unholy hit, but seems it got severely nerfed or plain broken and all it does now is a miniscule extra damage proc to all melees atacking no crits at all ranging from 10-50 depending on group buffs running it can increase overall raid dps by average 1%-2% in a 8-10 minutes fight but its not realy worth it in anyway.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    now is a miniscule extra damage proc to all melees atacking no crits at all ranging from 10-50 depending on group buffs running it can increase overall raid dps by average 1%-2% in a 8-10 minutes fight but its not realy worth it in anyway.
    1-2% dps for a raid? That is absurd. Check your parses bro. A 0.25% increase, at best, is all you could expect to see, if there was a gain at all from those 5 wasted feat points.

Jokes aside, I get your sentiment. It is crap in all builds, end of story. However everyone should try every feat for themselves and come to their own conclusions rather than listen to a bunch of forum plebs bicker about fractional dps gains/losses.
    Last edited by RawssGoredon; 27th July 2013 at 02:20.

Quote Originally Posted by RawssGoredon View Post
    1-2% dps for a raid? That is absurd. Check your parses bro. A 0.25% increase, at best, is all you could expect to see, if there was a gain at all from those 5 wasted feat points.

Jokes aside, I get your sentiment. It is crap in all builds, end of story. However everyone should try every feat for themselves and come to their own conclusions rather than listen to a bunch of forum plebs bicker about fractional dps gains/losses.
    i did check parses a lot, in some raid fights it does overall 1% to even 2% increase of total damage like in emperor t4 fight, in others not its even noticeable.
    its still absolute crap and shows no scaling with magic damage or crit chance, to be honest i think they ninja broke it, i remember when t3 came out agony strike did crit sometimes by realy hard amounts both on pets and players who got buff, now all it does is fluctuate 14-56 per tick on all players and pets who get buff.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10