Thread: Selling items to vendors?

Default Selling items to vendors?

Can you only sell items to vendors via the vendor's "Sell" window? Is there any way to sell directly from your bag (like in every other MMO)?

I ask because it is a huge hassle to carefully scroll through that tiny window and pick the items that you want to sell (vs. using your bag where you have the items you don't want to sell organized in a certain spot).

I imagine there must be something I don't understand, otherwise this is the worst selling system in the history of MMOs.

You can resize that little window to as large as you want.

But otherwise no, you'll run out of patience and just delete the junk instead of selling.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Bah, so ridiculous. But thanks for the answer.

Yes, it's a pain.

Some tips for selling quickly and safely:
    1. Check the "Non-usable Items" checkbox at the bottom of the sell window (I forget the exact name of the checkbox). That will leave stuff like generic junk and gear/armor you can't equip showing, so you can just sell it all quickly. (Careful, it will also show any consumables if you've already eaten them recently.)
    2. Put items you never want to sell in one screen (ideally your last one). Then when you're finished selling, go check that there are no gaps (i.e., you sold something accidentally).
    3. If you do Tip 2 -- always moving stuff you want to keep to the end of your bag as you play -- then the vendor junk will pile up in your first bag. After you've done Tip 1, it's easier to know which stuff you still need to find by name in the seller window.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Every other MMO?

Only seen GW2 do something similar and thats just quick button to sell "money" items while talking to npc

There are thousand different buy/sell interfaces - there's no standard really.

Quote Originally Posted by Misiuggah View Post
    There are thousand different buy/sell interfaces - there's no standard really.
    Not to be argumentative, but the standard among AAA titles over the last 10 years has been to allow vendoring items directly from your inventory -- a superior system. Funcom clearly recognized that AoC's system is inferior because they implemented the industry standard with TSW. It's just a shame they never updated AoC's system.

World of Warcraft
    Warhammer Online
    Aion
    Rift
    Star Wars The Old Republic
    The Secret World
    Defiance

How is one able to sell something from his bag when standing in the middle of nowhere, without even talking to a vendor? This is not World of Warcraft, where they just implement stuff to make small fat kids lives much more easier and lazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pigglesworth View Post
    Not to be argumentative, but the standard among AAA titles over the last 10 years has been to allow vendoring items directly from your inventory -- a superior system. Funcom clearly recognized that AoC's system is inferior because they implemented the industry standard with TSW. It's just a shame they never updated AoC's system.
    Hmm.. played TSW a few days ago and I could swear the buy/sell UI is the same as in AoC.

The system itself is not bad - it just lacks a way to separate junk from valuable stuff (like different bags for each).

Quote Originally Posted by Engzoria View Post
    How is one able to sell something from his bag when standing in the middle of nowhere, without even talking to a vendor? This is not World of Warcraft, where they just implement stuff to make small fat kids lives much more easier and lazier.
    I assume that he/she means that one can open the vendor window and then either drag them or right-click them in the inventory window to sell them.

TSW will sell an item if one right-clicks it with the vendor window open, in addition to the usual interface that is shared with AoC.

I would not go as far as calling it an industry standard - there are too many variations in various games exactly how things are sold, whether a confirmation is needed or not, if you can regret it or not etc.

I can agree with that AoC is not at the top in terms of convenience though.