Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam

Default Steam

I am still coming across new players coming to the game through Steam and I think putting the game back on there is one of the best moves you have made. Just wanted to remind you that Steam usually does a big sale over about a 1 week period at around this time of year.

I really hope the marketing team are on the ball with this as millions of customers visit the Steam home page during this time looking for deals. If you could put something like the Turan pack on there during this time at a discounted price it could do wonders for bringing in new players and old players back to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    I am still coming across new players coming to the game through Steam and I think putting the game back on there is one of the best moves you have made. Just wanted to remind you that Steam usually does a big sale over about a 1 week period at around this time of year.

I really hope the marketing team are on the ball with this as millions of customers visit the Steam home page during this time looking for deals. If you could put something like the Turan pack on there during this time at a discounted price it could do wonders for bringing in new players and old players back to the game.
    It's too obvious.

It would work too well
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Steam Sale is now over. I saw Secret World on front page. No Age of Conan packs. Good job.

It is f2p, no sale for it. And only good selling games get first page

AoC is not f2p, it is "unchained"! But this thread shows their priorities. Maybe they were asked to choose and could not advertise all?

Playing is f2p, content not. Thats the trick Funcom uses, you can make account and all, but nothing to do unless you pay for them

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    Steam Sale is now over. I saw Secret World on front page. No Age of Conan packs. Good job.
    Shame they didn't try to sell some new "starter" packs or cool premium offers (lifetime anyone?) etc. Maybe they just couldn't, who knows how it works exactly...

People were buying EVERYTHING that made it to the first page with more than 50% discount. It wasn't about making money, it was about advertising. We need new players and there is tons of people on steam. who are willing to try every single game they notice.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Shame they didn't try to sell some new "starter" packs or cool premium offers (lifetime anyone?) etc. Maybe they just couldn't, who knows how it works exactly...

People were buying EVERYTHING that made it to the first page with more than 50% discount. It wasn't about making money, it was about advertising. We need new players and there is tons of people on steam. who are willing to try every single game they notice.
    Nice made-up statistics there, buddy.

I do agree with the point you guys are making tho - obviously these clowns at ******* didn't learn anything from the past, WON'T learn anything in the near future, and they probably ignorantly scratch their heads in meetings saying to one another "How did we get like this????".

I mean, look at the situation. They STILL send the ENTIRE ****ING DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THEIR 3 GAMES vacationing despite the major restructuring not 3 months ago. A serious company looking to turn around simply doesn't pull a stunt like that. Pay overtime, rotate vacations, just don't hit the stop button all of a sudden for an entire month when whatever little customers you have left are insecure about the future. Don't need a MBA to conclude that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast