Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing DT stats

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    I have zero knowledge of programing, so I'm really just wondering out loud, but how hard would it be to make a the DT's spells scale/work from Str or Combat Rating instead of Wis/Spell Power?
    A few lines of code here and there? Super-major overhaul? What?

I can't be the only one who thinks it's incredibly dumb that the best DPS gear for a soldier class is Priest Spell Power gear...
    i realy dont see a problem that dt's need cloth/light armor with magic/wisdom to increase dps, its quite adquate that you need to use dps gear for optimized dps results.

what makes no sense is changing it.

what class realy needs is a small revamp/tweaks to balance useless unused feats, and particularly adjust vom and class abilities/buffs so vom isnt only usefull perk.
    right now if you remove vom dt wont be able to compete in any aspect of the game with any other classes.

vom is comparable to sw but with no negative buffs/dots/self damage

further then that there is no class in game who gets 125% crit damage buff from dealing damage alone and able to keep that buff up with no cooldowns.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Not if you want to do things most efficiently, but I guess unique buffs and debuffs don't count because they don't show up on a "damage done" parse.
    Ofc they show up since they increase the damage done. But soldiers don't lack debuffs anyway (dts don't really have big buffs for the team though, there you have a point)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post

I don't really want to be rude, but I hate reading nonsense posts, especially when they are the "pve nerf cry" type when game needs a lot of different things and there is no need to make developers work on non useful stuff just with the risk to break what works and is not really needed to change.
    I don't really want to be rude but it is hilarious reading you trying to stick up for what a dt can do in pve. T4 fight, solo tank, 2k dps.... repeat those three facts over and over to yourself and come up with a reply to justify that please.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

There are some older heavy items in the game with wisdom or magic damage. I know some boots in Atzels Fortress and the Baleful Set.

It was their intent originally to have something like this, but over time and with void it's likely to say there too much work involed with rebalancing all the spell's coefficients and reworking stats for the different itemsets around Hyboria.

Currently I like it as it is. It gives a sense of specialization.

What's problematic to me is what happens when you're fully stacked in t4 gear and allowed to use accessories and smaller parts of armor (wrists / hands / shoulder) with wisdom. You're given a big increase in damage at the mere cost of a tiny mitigationloss. For PvP with wisdom, the manapool will increase in size to ridiculous ammounts synergizing with Soul Barrier, and this is scary.

Careful what you wish for. It's already bordline the op and everybody knows this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post
    I have seen dts solo tanking gyas more then once topping dps and healing while tanking.
    No. There is no class in game that can solotank Gyas from 100% to 50% with no agro swap or use of Dread Shadow while topping parser. From 50% to 0% is a different story as the boss hits for much less and has pauses between hits for the oneshots.

Full T4 has about 200 more strength and 200 less armor than full Black Dragon.
    Last edited by Buyten; 24th June 2013 at 09:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Full T4 has about 200 more strength and 200 less armor than full Black Dragon.
    So that's about 200 more armour^^ t4 also gives less hp and less raw dps and less protection...

But regardless, in DT's case it's not really about armour: t4 brings much more crits which means a huge increase in dps and thus the fight is shorter and the DT heals himself more.

Sorry i didnt mean gyas. I meant the guy with the stone skin. I cant remember his name.

Ah, that would be Arbanus^^ Isn't he that guy who takes massive damage from anything magical? So that's where DTs can have insane dps and self healing. Maybe I'm confused but I think that's the one.
    Last edited by kalston; 24th June 2013 at 11:30.

It is. Still dt can solo tank it. Some ppl wanted examples where dt can solo tank in t3/t4. Now we got a handful. No other tank can do this and still top dps and healing charts. Dt is op since every class got so many crit rating (as the dt too) which once where quite special to rouges. Nowadays only sins can be ahead of other classes in this stat and only out of fight. With buff running every conq will have more then any rouge. The stats got mixed up pretty bad in aoc due to same revamps the last few years. Never heard of any game where tanks had more crit then any other classes. Dt isnt far behind. My barb has only same amount my dt has.

But i guess funcom wont get the stats between classes fixed anymore.

Still, Arbanus hits really hard. I am nowhere near able to do that on my DT.

Also remember that the DT life tap is not "overall" lifetap. You have Physical tap from combos and white weapon damage, and magical tap from the rest. The only magical tap you get is from Sadism and Vile Gluttony. Drain Life, Leech Life, ASfoF and Covenants of Death is physical drain.

With everything up I can get 35% physical and 20% magical tap on DT. But that means both Vile Gluttony and Ritualistic Bloodshed, and that means zero armor from General, and that again means not likely to meet mitigation treshold of T3.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast