Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing DT stats

Default Fixing DT stats

I have zero knowledge of programing, so I'm really just wondering out loud, but how hard would it be to make a the DT's spells scale/work from Str or Combat Rating instead of Wis/Spell Power?
    A few lines of code here and there? Super-major overhaul? What?

I can't be the only one who thinks it's incredibly dumb that the best DPS gear for a soldier class is Priest Spell Power gear...

Not that easy. DTs have mana. Spells cost mana. Soul Barrier and Pact of Malacodor is related to mana. You gain zero mana from Str / cr.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post
    Not that easy. DTs have mana. Spells cost mana. Soul Barrier and Pact of Malacodor is related to mana. You gain zero mana from Str / cr.
    Yet BS's have mana, interesting?

Be careful what you wish for. BS mani dots scale with str, but even 1000 str feels like nothing.

Obviously they would have to nerf the coefficients (so you wouldn't be crazy op in +str plate/heavy) and you would loose the ability to trade armor/hp for crazy magic dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    I can't be the only one who thinks it's incredibly dumb that the best DPS gear for a soldier class is Priest Spell Power gear...
    Why is it dumb? DT is an hybrid class with spells & combos and magical damage. The fact that it scales with wisdom and not intelligence is maybe debatable but I really see nothing wrong with the fact that it scales with magic damage at least.

DT in heavy/full plate is still top notch dps wise (even when tanking it's really high up the list) so I don't really think it would be wise to do what you suggest.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwann145 View Post
    Well you can of course try to DPS while in Scarlet Circle gear and frenzy and full Desecration.. But it won't last for long until you grab agro and die on anything that will hit back. The definitely best thing is a compromise where you meet the mitigation tresholds and fill with Watcher of the Den or Mantle of Valka's Wrath.. Perhaps a few rings...

Coefficients on covenants and spells are very low, but boosting magic damage has a bigger effect than Combat Rating on DT due to VoM, so adding 900 Magic Damage will increase PoM by 40% and CoA by 45%, and because the majority of DT damage is from magic based procs this will increase the dps more than combat rating since that only affects the white hits and pure combo damage.

On a BS, all the damage is physical so you can not really compare. All the procs and effects boost the weapon damage. I made a screenshot where I had shift clicked all the buffs I had up and studied them.

Claws of the Reaper: 20% Weapon damage
    Desert Bloom: 75% Weapon damage
    Rune of Agression: 40% Weapon damage
    Rampage: 100% Weapon damage
    Blood Warrior: 45% Weapon damage
    Vision of the Sky: 30% Weapon damage

Summarized:

Though both DT and BS are mana/magic users, they need it for different reasons. Magic damage is useless for a BS, but mana is a very good thing, since you need to cast spells continously. Magic damage is very useful for a DT, having more mana is not necessary (though convenient), the only spell you will be casting is Dread Shadow.

A DT with maxed magic damage gear and dps spec can NOT do a tanking job and is impossible to include in a agro rotation. Both BS and DT are fine as they are and actually the two best classes in game at the moment.

the only spell you will be casting is Dread Shadow.
    ...That has an impact on your mana. All other spells are free or buffs cost of 29 mana, or Hex Marked Soul 145 mana.

Ritualistic Bloodshed cost 15% +2% per stack of base mana but normally a tanking DT does not have that spell available.

A DT with maxed magic damage gear and dps spec can NOT do a tanking job and is impossible to include in a agro rotation.
    Actually you can tank easy HMs with a tos geared DT (like mona/palace/KK...) I don't know if it works for other stuff as well but the life taps and dps are just plain insane (well, the class itself is insane to be fair).

Example in Yun Rau : http://i.imgur.com/4jz32N5.png > Kabaene = DT in full SC gear maintanking and Gathord was our rogue but did the kiting (hence the low dps) - other classes were 2x demo, 1xbs, 1xpom
    Last edited by kalston; 22nd June 2013 at 21:44.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

DT doesn't need to have it's magic damage re-tweaked to work off Str & Combat Rating. And the reason is that a DT is a tank. Meaning if it wishes to tank, it won't be capable of doing so wearing cloth or light armor. In T4 the DT sword & tali both have magic damage on them. And you are free to use whatever accessories you like.

If they were to put your idea into effect, then the DT class would need a major nerf. And considering that the DT in PVE is exactly where it should be, that would not be in the best interest of the community.

And to anyone who thinks that DT is to OP, and that VoM should be nerfed. The fact is, Irritate & Seal of Chaos are the 2 tools that a DT has to direct a mob towards it (with Seal of Chaos on a long cooldown for a taunt), the rest of the DT's ability to generate hate is via the DPS that it does. It is a DPS tank, it doesn't have a lot of tools to generate hate since it wasn't designed to generate hate via taunts and abilities. And anyone who still thinks that there is a hate modifier attached to Blood for Aid need not reply, I have no respect for fantasy opinions that find there backing in the bromance department of late night vent channels of crap guilds.
    Last edited by Deathsader; 22nd June 2013 at 22:19.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast