Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: hox dps vs demo dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    1788 just then, could definitely do over 1800 if I just kept at it until I got nice crits, or I optimised my debuffing. I generally just raid on my HOX so I rely on most other classes doing that work for me.
    For your information:

ELEMENTAL RUIN:
    Tempest of Set (Curse of Set), Herald of Xotli (Inferno Curse)

ELEMENTAL WRACK:
    Tempest of Set (Lightning Sparks), Demonologist (Chaotic Blast), Herald of Xotli (Molten Steel Slash)

So you pretty much rely on ToS and Demo to do debuffing job then if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    However, Glorious Exultation of Xotli is a much larger increase in DPS than the entire Hell on Earth line, considering how poorly HoX combo's scale with combat rating.
    Not entirely true. Damage is made up from various bonuses, but the baseline is:

DPS = Weapon DPS + Combat Rating Bonus

So if you have 135dps from the Trial of Flame, and use Glorious Exultation of Xotli, thats gonna add 121,5 dps and bring you to 256,5 dps on your weapon for 10 seconds. Mind you, that is during finisher of Burn to Death, and then measly increasing the dot for a few seconds, and affecting the white hits you do for the next combo. And then, it makes -20% for 15 seconds (?) which will drop your weapon damage with 27 dps down to 108 dps. Most likely this will affect a few Pillar of Infernal Flame, the Fire Lance...

Flame Cleave adds 710 combat rating. Thats a permanent increase with zero drawbacks. 710 combat rating equals 19,4 dps. Hell on Earth has 90 seconds cooldown and add 4075 combat rating equals 111,3 dps. Zero drawbacks, instant cast, and last longer than Exultation (though with a longer recast). 19,4 dps + 111,3 dps = 130,7 dps. 130,7 dps + 135 dps = 265,7 dps for 15 seconds and no drawbacks.

All these numbers are added together *before* the combo damage is calculated. So it is just plain wrong to say that "combo damage for hox scales badly". For some reason the Exultation increases Burn to Death dot by 10-12% but adding combat rating fire does not.

Here is the complete formula if you want to read it (thanks cins).

Combo Damage = [StarterDPS x Starter hit animation time] + [DPS x white hit animation time] (repeat this for every combo step along the way) + [FinisherDPS x Finisher animation time]
    Last edited by Buyten; 5th July 2013 at 14:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Hox charges Demo, uses HfB to silence. Casts root / stun and runs around. Fears after root wear off. Demo dead.
    sry bud, kb.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    sry bud, kb.
    Thread necromancy much? Sorry got 50% kb resistance. However it was just ment as an example in regard to Harmonium's uber Demonologist plan that will only work on a HoX that is afk. The same for my plan..

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Thread necromancy much? Sorry got 50% kb resistance. However it was just ment as an example in regard to Harmonium's uber Demonologist plan that will only work on a HoX that is afk. The same for my plan..
    HoX only has 50% KB resist while polymorphed.

And a HoX and Demo of equal skill will generally be 50/50 in terms of duels/ganks. It depends on who has cooldowns. And Demo has far shorter cooldowns than HoX.

Pretty much all Demos goes down using From Beyond perk
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Pretty much all Demos goes down using From Beyond perk
    Most demos goes down with any perk, even if you let them knock you cause most of them will hit with wave of flames and its easy to counter that pre knock. after that chains, spitfire and rest as desired
    But there are some good demos that are not this naive and they are super hard to beat.

Just to point out, I think this thread was originally about whether an Avatar HoX had as much raw DPS potential as a demo, not which class would win a duel. I actually found the original topic interesting, at least for discussion. But carry on.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Actually now it just got interesting

Actually i miss harmonium

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789