Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: hox dps vs demo dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    You have fire ring ?

You should at last hit a tank for 600 mini. And some other class at 1 K.
    I have nearly every AA maxed and yes, I meant with Ring of Fire.

Full debuffed it might CRIT for 1k, but not all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    I have nearly every AA maxed and yes, I meant with Ring of Fire.

Full debuffed it might CRIT for 1k, but not all the time.
    Well 600 aren't bad on a nice tank pvp 10 full protection and full AA.

Now on other class you should destroy them very fast.

Btw this is our burst, i have never see a burst like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deinagon View Post
    is it possible for a pure avatar build to out dps a demo?
    HOX: Full Brittle Blade (Assassin legs) and Hyrkanian sword. Blue magic dmg accessories.

I tested this http://goo.gl/M0phj on straw man.

Preloaded Flame Tongue x5.

Parsed 1337 (9586 burst) and 1389 (9231 burst) dps.

17,9% crit chance, 24% crit bonus damage, 312 dps and 1079 magic damage flat footed. No group, no pots.

Perks; Decisive, Pressing, Will of the Sublime and Red Shadows of Xotli.

Notes. No issues with mana or stamina. Was in demon form during the whole parse.

Demo: Full Brittle Blade, T4 boots and wrists, T3 accessories.

I tested this http://goo.gl/gctpy on straw man.

Summoned the doll and started spellweaving.

Parsed 1630 (10507 burst) and 1527 (12650 burst) dps.

18,3% crit chance and 30,3% crit bonus damage. 1298 magic damage. No group, no pots.

Perks; same as HoX, Bindings of the Skylord and Ring of Fire. Warlord pet.

Notes. Could have done higher dps on Demonologist if Coalesce Ether and Balance of Nature would help my mana/energy. Had to go out of spellweave.

I think we can conclude with both classes being good in the hands of good players. I have a bit more experience on Demo than Hox, and the Demo is slightly better geared. I don't claim that the builds I used are the ultimate ones for Straw Man parsing, feel free to comment on that of course.

I dont question that a guy with HoX main and some better accessories can level with (and beat) my Demos straw man parse. However, I must say that as a Demo or HoX you will never bash a target for three minutes without a group. And with a group, the Demo can sustain spellweaving through the fight and go harder without risking death by Demonic Payment, and probably beat HoX in 99% of the circumstances on a mob with equal resistance to magic and physical attacks.
    Last edited by Buyten; 4th July 2013 at 15:52.

Hmm. Seems I forgot to use Molten Steel Slash on the HoX parses. Thats gonna increase the numbers a bit most likely.

Parsed 1523 on HoX now that I remembered all the combos ^^

Highest burst 11818.
    Last edited by Buyten; 4th July 2013 at 16:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post

Highest burst 11818.
    Wow how did you hit at 11818 with the hox ? What skill ? O_O

[QUOTE=Buyten;2051194]Parsed 1523 on HoX now that I remembered all the combos ^^

Highest burst 11818.[/QUOTE
    thx alot on your testings. Im not really pve player but its interesting to see this.
    Just one question from pve nab, im curious how will testing go with prince of terror and glorious exaulation of xotli feated? is it possible to push dps even further like this with buffed btd or am i just thinking gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Don't bother viroku, this wasn't even a pvp thread and this guy is just nuts (and if you want to know, yes he is the same when speaking in his native tongue).
    like i said mate i gave up but thx for tip

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Wow how did you hit at 11818 with the hox ? What skill ? O_O
    You know what burst damage is, at all? Burst is how much damage that can be delivered in just a few seconds. Not a single hit necessary. Here is the 12k burst:

[18:33:40] Your Hellfire Breath (Rank 6) crits Straw Man for 3277 fire damage.
    [18:33:41] Your Pillar of Infernal Flame III critically hits Straw Man for 5588.

That, plus all the small hits between, makes 11818.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Buyten View Post

Highest burst 11818.
    thx alot on your testings. Im not really pve player but its interesting to see this.
    Just one question from pve nab, im curious how will testing go with prince of terror and glorious exaulation of xotli feated? is it possible to push dps even further like this with buffed btd or am i just thinking gibberish.
    I have Prince of Terror as well, so can of course run a parse using that one after raid.

Normal Exultation of Xotli increases the dot from 469 to 484. Not sure if it is worth the -20% debuff after it wears off.
    Last edited by Buyten; 4th July 2013 at 17:57.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast