Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hox dps vs demo dps?

Default hox dps vs demo dps?

is it possible for a pure avatar build to out dps a demo?

Well obviously the answer is yes.

A better question which I assume you mean is: can a well played, well geared Avatar HOX out DPS a well played, well geared Demo? Also yes.

Though it's worth noting "Pure Avatar" is not optimal.

If we're talking about same gear, same AA, and same player experience, then rather often the demo will have the upper hand, even though the hox might not be very far behind.

The thing is that demo is much easier to do well with than hox, but any veteran will tell you that if you hesitate between playing a hox and a demo, pick hox, anytime, anywhere, the class is too awesome and unique to miss it.

with a pure avatar build? i would say no.

with hybrid it is possible but really hard. (amd depends on circumstances)

but yes hox is way more awesome
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 20th June 2013 at 13:35.

My Demo is only full t2 so I'm not saying that I know all the sides of Demos but in my opinion after certain level playing HoX is much easier.

Demo (or Necro):
    - you need spellweaving (your position is then fixed and if you made bad decision on your positioning you're screwed, even in good position you might have to stop spellweaving if someone messes up)
    - you are squishier (FRAILTY from spellweaving, 0 strength)
    - spellweaving is random and I hate it
    - you must pay attention to your mana pool
    - if you die you are doing 0 dps
    + you are ranged
    + larger area covered with aoe

HoX:
    - melee range only which makes it so that you are not useful in every situation
    - bit lower damage potential
    - bit more reliant on tanks doing their job at positioning allthough usually even the bad tanks can get mobs close enough for spreading flames
    + mana management = keep mana potion running and forget it
    + you actually can pull, take a hit or two and survive (yes, even with full BB you can usually take 1-2 hits without a problem)
    + forced melee range so if you pull tanks usually don't have to do repositioning so much

I saved the BIG ONE last:
    + as a HoX you can and SHOULD push the limits because you have RSoX (so as a result you can just lean back, go all out and see if you pull when a Demo has to actually be very careful with it when he is pushing his dps)
    Nifie @CROM

In single target fights a good HoX should be able to beat a demo easily. AoE fights all depend on how good the mobs are stack and how well you can position your self while demo doesn't really have to worry about any of that.
    Artreborn - HoX FOREVER!!!
    PvP 6 - 8k+ Kills/2.5k+ deaths, Suicide Style!

Quote Originally Posted by artreborn View Post
    In single target fights a good HoX should be able to beat a demo easily. AoE fights all depend on how good the mobs are stack and how well you can position your self while demo doesn't really have to worry about any of that.
    Demo will still win 99% of AoE fights. Thanks Waves of Fail!

i will risk that YES (dont have full knowledge of the HoX yet)....
    i have an hox with very few perk advancement and some t1/t2 gear from raids (blue neck and ring plus epic hox weapon from quest reward), and i have been testing around several builds, one of which was avatar (with fast breath recast and damage buff from possession) and i topped dps on most demos/necros in raids like killiky and brc wings where the AOE damage from casters gives them the edge in parsers --- i cant remmember exactly the build i used but it was similar to THIS...
    now im using a hybrid build to make things more fun and see how reliable it is on damaging, CLICK, and so far, on 6-man groups is fine in damage department but its harder to play because it uses spells and combos so stamina/mana needs management and the timmings to use the abilities to increase damage and using spells between combo build up
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    Demo will still win 99% of AoE fights. Thanks Waves of Fail!
    If a HOX wants to pop their cooldowns a short AOE fight with clustered mobs - the HOX will probably win. Edit to be safe: probably be very competitive.

Avatar + Pillars with DOT specced + Inferno (pillars hits everything so builds the stacks up straight away) + Burn to Death = stupid damage. Put POT in there and you're guaranteed to get squished from aggro.
    Last edited by Boesch; 22nd June 2013 at 03:56.

It's situational depneds on fights and whether demo can sw safely or not due to how the fight goes but it seems many haven't seen good single target dps from demos, not counting magic vulnerable mobs in tank and spank fights.

Something like Yun-rau last phase or Necropolis boss. For example on any of my six characters I ran through AA leveling and gearing in khitai I yet have to see a hox or a parser from a hox that is high enough to beat my demo's record in those two instances mentioned. Not saying it's impossible hasn't happened yet.

Demos can do 6K+ in sabazious the nub fight, situational as you know. Seen hox do 2200ish on ranger boss in general sheng fight and 2200 on arbanus ofc they had high agro tanks in raid, mind you not every hox can parse like that those were two of the best but shows the class has potential to go that high. Also W3 mega trash pulls is heaven for hox if they know how to max their aoe so is sheng trash pulls.
    Last edited by Vahush; 22nd June 2013 at 04:09.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast