Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: hox dps vs demo dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahush View Post
    It's situational depneds on fights and whether demo can sw safely or not due to how the fight goes but it seems many haven't seen good single target dps from demos, not counting magic vulnerable mobs in tank and spank fights.

Something like Yun-rau last phase or Necropolis boss. For example on any of my six characters I ran through AA leveling and gearing in khitai I yet have to see a hox or a parser from a hox that is high enough to beat my demo's record in those two instances mentioned. Not saying it's impossible hasn't happened yet.

Demos can do 6K+ in sabazious the nub fight, situational as you know. Seen hox do 2200ish on ranger boss in general sheng fight and 2200 on arbanus ofc they had high agro tanks in raid, mind you not every hox can parse like that those were two of the best but shows the class has potential to go that high. Also W3 mega trash pulls is heaven for hox if they know how to max their aoe so is sheng trash pulls.
    I think a more valid comparison can be made with a simple strawman test for single target dps. Demo does about 1.6-1.8k max dps where a HoX can do no more than 1.6K over the course of strawman parse, advantage Demo. Uncertainty about amount of multiple targets and target midagation make it hard to narrow down a comparison between HoX and Demo in aoe, both are about even just comes down to being mele range or 30 meters away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    I think a more valid comparison can be made with a simple strawman test for single target dps. Demo does about 1.6-1.8k max dps where a HoX can do no more than 1.6K over the course of strawman parse, advantage Demo. Uncertainty about amount of multiple targets and target midagation make it hard to narrow down a comparison between HoX and Demo in aoe, both are about even just comes down to being mele range or 30 meters away.
    You obviously don't know any good HoX...

HoX can do in the ball park of 1800+ strawman DPS without debuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post

even with PoIF 1
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Yes, and that's an important point, because skill makes a big difference when HoXing. I routinely see two HoXes with similar gear separated by 10+ places on raid parses.

HoXes are super fun to play -- so you end up with lots of HoX alts out there -- but deceptively hard to master. But since group expectations are so low, the underplayed HoXes don't get in trouble. So what you end up with is most of the HoX population being casual alts who are cruise-controlling with HfB and HS6, throttling their DPS and avoiding AoE even though they have two self-rezzes off cooldown, wearing Tier 1-2 raid epics and not a bit of BB because purplez!... Which means that PUG leaders have such weak results from the HoXes in their groups that they dump HoXes into overflow groups with no heals/buffs, yell/kick HoXes who aggro/die (especially if you're topping the parse), lecture HoXes for wearing crafted blue accessories and BB armor instead of (crappy) epics, etc., so now you end up with even good HoXes having to take it down a notch to avoid trouble.

So, practically speaking, if you're wanting to top parses with an alt, I'd point you toward demo.

But if your main mission in AoC is to out-parse demos with a HoX in typical content, then yeah, I think you can do it pretty often, especially in low and mid tiers where there aren't as many maxed-gear demos. Go Avatar-heavy hybrid, get RSoX slotted, get on that Brittle Blade farming, get your rotation down cold (and then practice adapting it to shielding), never hit one mob when 2+ is possible/allowed, practice how/when it's okay to aggro/die, and take the night off whenever a very skilled and geared demo joins the raid.
    Last edited by Prima; 2nd July 2013 at 01:26.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post

Saying and doing are 2 different things, burst dps on a strawman does'nt count. Do a 3 min parse on a single strawman and come back here. Hox can never break 1.8K dps, try it.

Evito summed up the argument pretty well imo, Demo > HoX in any situation where skill is the same.
    Last edited by Dodgeball; 2nd July 2013 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Well obviously the answer is yes.

A better question which I assume you mean is: can a well played, well geared Avatar HOX out DPS a well played, well geared Demo? Also yes.
    No. No. Stop deluding yourself and others please.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Saying and doing are 2 different things, burst dps on a strawman does'nt count. Do a 3 min parse on a single strawman and come back here. Hox can never break 1.8K dps, try it.

Evito summed up the argument pretty well imo, Demo > HoX in any situation where skill is the same.
    I'm talking about a 3 minute parse...

But whatever, babycakes. You obviously know everything about the game and every class.

I know a few who claim 1850+ parses. Someone is bad and doesn't even know it!
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I know a few who claim 1850+ parses. Someone is bad and doesn't even know it!
    And I bench pressed 1,200 kg last night. I can make up numbers too.

And I bench pressed 1,200 kg last night. I can make up numbers too.
    Pst Art or Babafemi.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast