Thread: Another Returning Player with a question

Default Another Returning Player with a question

Hey all,

So yeah I'm a returning player and not entirely sure if this is the right place for this post but, I've been gone for nearly nearly two years and I had a question about K6's and finding groups. While I was here before I did not progress much past a few t1 and t2 raids and really didn't touch the K6's other than a couple times with mixed success.

Coming back this time and after playing a couple other games getting into the dungeon runs in those I really want to get into them here.I was watched a couple videos and read a few guides but I feel like the only real way to learn is to do them.

So my question here is, Is it better to create my own "Beginner" group and do Normal Modes or seek out people in LFG/Global for normal modes?

Not to compare games but in TSW there were quite a few beginner or casual groups announced in global and I really don't see that here, that is the main reason for me asking here on the forums.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Smile

Hello, and welcome back!

Yes, the best way to learn the Inis is to do them.
    So dont be afraid to join Groups in Global. But before you join, you better tell the Groupleader that you dont have any experience.
    Thats the best way.

And then it depends on your class, cause most HMs needs special AA-Skills from different Classes.

And maybe start with easier K6s, like Monastery, or Yun Rau.

I play AoC for more than 3 year and never saw a guy being kicked out of group cause he was unexperienced. Just ask (TS is a must) what you dont understand, there are always Players who explain it to you.

Greets

There is not many normal groups going around because most of the time the hard mode isnt much harder.Takes same amount of time to do GS so why not?
    Its usually just one thing a tank or the rogue has to do differently, usually a good group can get through with a new or a few newer players easily enough.

Just an AA ability the tank or healer or rogue need for Godslayer(hardmode) usually shortened to K6 GS in global

You should tell what your class is and if you have the AA feats needed for HMs (resolve for tanks, tainted weapons and/or finely honed for rogues, unbinding charm for casters, steadfast faith for healers), so people can tell you straight away which HMs you can join and what's your specific duty for it.

As said, no point in doing normal modes, just do the HMs you can which do not require you to have this or that AA feat. And once you got those feats, you can then join other HMs, etc.

You can also check the forums, there is a thread listing all the hard modes with their specifics, like which class has to do what.

Join a guild.

Go on guild groups and get on TS/Vent.

You wont have any problems at all then.

good luck!!

Thanks for all the feed back. Actually I do have the needed AA's for the classes I play. I play one of each Archetype and before I left I made sure to pick up the AA's for those just in case moments.

I will be sure to keep an eye out for groups in LFG and Global, and communicate my experience to the group leaders. Plus vent or teamspeak won't be a problem. I actually prefer that some things get lost in text.

Thanks again.

Start your own groups for normals. There's always some new players around who get intimidated by all the stupid GEAR/AA/XP crap in neon lights and stay away from grouping. Collect some new players and go on cool adventures with them. Random groups are never guaranteed to win but schaudenfreude is just as sweet as victory (even more so when victory becomes rote).

But best way to play is to join a nice guild and play with friendlies.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    Start your own groups for normals. There's always some new players around who get intimidated by all the stupid GEAR/AA/XP crap in neon lights and stay away from grouping. Collect some new players and go on cool adventures with them. Random groups are never guaranteed to win but schaudenfreude is just as sweet as victory (even more so when victory becomes rote).

But best way to play is to join a nice guild and play with friendlies.
    exactly, i see alot of normal modes in global/lfg channels, specially for palace/flame/vortex, and they are good to start at least on practicing your class, the fight mechanisms, groups buffs you can give, and so on, so on...
    later join HM's on those same dungeons, difference in tactic mechanism is not biggy on most fights, for example:
    flame HM --- rogue for the boss shield
    vortex HM --- no AA (soldiers can avoid the teleport withouth resolve)
    palace HM --- rogue again with FH and TW, but still the fight can be done without rogue (better have burst damage to remove shield though unless funcom "fixed it")

and those AA/EXP/GEAR crap groups like cins said are basically the worst, a lot of it are made by a weaker player that makes use of stronger ones to kill the bosses and get the gear (put parsers on and you will see )

and try to create your own normal groups, you will get surprised how many pp are willing to come along, but best way is joining guild and goin with friends

and always tell the class you want to join and say how experienced/confident you are for the fight, group leader will then decide if you can join or not, its better that way than getting kicked and harassed
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;