Thread: Overview of Faction Repeatable Quests

Post Overview of Faction Repeatable Quests

Original thread (which I found extremely useful) on the EU forums by Invino.

Not all quests are added since faction revamp, tho this still helps

Won't bother with N.Grasslands and Chosain so just Kara Korum and Paikang ones.

Posting just names and locations of Repeatable Factions quests. There are once-only aplenty around.

Tip: Check Ghost Hill in KK area as you hit ranks as there are scrolls, bodies and pages on the ground that give some quests and/or start chains.

Tip: For Last Legion fans: Both BB and SoJ have quests in SC palace (KK- PraEun), but here is a shortcut; No need to kill all to get in, from the entrance run all way to the ladder leading down to the prison - kill 2 guards is better than 15 SC. Just climb ladder and go up - kill as needed. ** to avoid main room, go to the end of the basement and climb the other ladder **

Tip: Jiang Shi faction is a must for all really, especially Brittle Blades due to overlapping quests and nice MoA gain.

Tip: If you got enough MoA to burn: buy 20 MoA AA vases from Mystic Supplies merchants. Best used when AA pot running.

Rank 1 = 50k faction, Rank 2 = 200k and Rank 3 = 450k

Rank 2 - Kara Korum - [Last Legion rank 1 & 2 quests in KK)

Shadows of Jade - from Eastern Corrupt Shelter [x:1880, y:800]

--->Warning!: Both of the quests are in Pra Eun palace, so if you are with Last Legion, going to have to fight a bit.
    - O Brother, Where art thou?
    - A Simple Thievery

Scarlet Circle - 1st in Fengdu, 2 & 3 in Pra Eun Palace and last 2 in Jiang Shi camp north.
    - The Backbone of Khitai
    - King of the Crater
    - Keeper of the Corrupted
    - Protecting the Chaos
    - Rattle the Ranks

(non-repeat) The Face of khitai - fun quest. Ends at making Masks in Eastern Corrupt Shelter
    - Happy: /laughheartily
    - Angry: /rude
    - Sad: /waveaway
    - Watchful is not a quest mob. He just attacks

Children Of Yag - 1st 3 in Fengdu, last in Western Corrupt Shelter [x:1340, y:700]
    - Furnace of Fengdu
    - Lost Logs
    - The Alchemist Apprentice
    - The Endless Curse of the Crater

Yellow Priests of Yun - 1 & 2 in Fengdu, rest at [x: 850, y:450]
    - Steady Smoke of the Corrupted
    - Another Internal Investigation
    - Souls of the Kang Zai [after Ghost Hill scroll]

-->[Ghost Hill starts a chain for these, the brown Alchemy scroll on the ground close to poster board]
    - Red Rocks
    - Ashes of the Basilisk

Brittle Blade - 1st in Fengdu. 2 & 3 at Western Corrupt Shelter [x:1340, y:700]. 4 & 5 at Jiang shi camp, north. Last at Pra-Eun palace
    - The Bones of Warriors
    - Essence of Destruction
    - Luring the Corrupted
    - Wondrous Venom
    - The Way the Water Flows
    - The Pride of Pra-Eun

Last Legion - 1st 3 in Fengdu, 4th at LL camp [x:780, y:660]
    - Secret of the Crystals
    - Filling the Gap
    - A Bone to Pick
    - Lethal Ivy [Rank 2 quest]

Jiang Shi - http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...9&postcount=12
    Last edited by Patrynn; 16th June 2013 at 15:38.

Rank 3 - Paikang

Brittle Blade - not checked since revamp

Last Legion - Baishan
    - Well Corrupted. {Should be called Well Broken, DON'T even bother trying to kill mobs as surely next wave will bug and reset so can end up killing 20mins for nothing. Stay on horse and run away, fail and do follow up}
    - Hidden guy by the Jade Citadel wall.

Children Of Yag - Glade of the Elephant God [x:540, y:650]
    - Thorns
    - Sleepwalking

Scarlet Circle - Baishan [x:300, y:1180] and [x:300, y:1145]
    - Battling the Last Legion
    - Spreading the Evil
    - Streets Running Red
    - The Legion Attacks

Yellow Priests of Yun - Temple of Yun
    - The Bones of the Apes
    - Harvest of Death
    - The Dance of Sacrifice [can only be performed at 19:00 in-game time]

Shadows of Jade - camp up a massive tree near Yag's camp
    - 'Fresh Fruit Supplies', 'Fresh Meat Supplies', 'Fresh Rice Supplies', and/or 'Fresh Supplies from the Sea'
    - Exploding trap

Insurrection - Insurrection Camp, south west
    - The Dark Legion
    - Blisters of Fear
    - Summoning of Dagon [Group Quest - not quite 6 man, harder)
    Last edited by Patrynn; 16th June 2013 at 15:39.

Nice thread that just got stickied.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Scarlet Circle - 1st in Fengdu, 2 & 3 in Pra Eun Palace and last 2 in Jiang Shi camp north.
    - The Backbone of Khitai
    - King of the Crater
    - Keeper of the Corrupted
    - Protecting the Chaos
    - Rattle the Ranks

(non-repeat) The Face of khitai - fun quest. Ends at making Masks in Eastern Corrupt Shelter
    - Happy: /laughheartily
    - Angry: /rude
    - Sad: /waveaway
    - Watchful is not a quest mob. He just attacks
    There are also two repeatable quests for Scarlet Circle inthe Refuge of the Apostate, obtainable in the Pra-Eun's Palace:
    - Disarming the Defectors
    - Deciphering Reality

Quote Originally Posted by Patrynn View Post
    Rank 3 - Paikang
    Last Legion - Baishan
    - Well Corrupted. {Should be called Well Broken, DON'T even bother trying to kill mobs as surely next wave will bug and reset so can end up killing 20mins for nothing. Stay on horse and run away, fail and do follow up}
    I have always managed to finish the corrupted well quest. I haven't done the quest in a long time, but I usually killed the 3-4 waves of corrupted. Only once did I have to cleanse the well.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrynn View Post
    Rank 3 - Paikang
    Insurrection - Insurrection Camp, south west
    - The Dark Legion
    - Blisters of Fear
    - Summoning of Dagon [Group Quest - not quite 6 man, harder)
    Loved doing the first quest solo. Commander was (damn) difficult.
    Never found the blisters.
    Always wanted to finish the Dagon quest.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneScientius View Post
    Never found the blisters.
    it's almost impossible to spot them, unless you put full particles on...
    you can find more hints on cynara's blog: link
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I'm currently rank 3 with scholars of Cheng-Ho, do they have new quests ? I've roamed all around the Chosain and still haven't found any new NPC nor main quests.

I'm currently stuck with 1 rank 1 quest and 1 rank 2 quest (actually 2 but this quest ask you to pay 1G every time... and i don't want to be funcomed more than once)

Default the 3 palace quest

Ok, well what I was looking for was the 3 quest for Cheng ho to kill yun, his fighters or whatever they call em, and dispose of his protection...got 2 done killing is easy, but the quest doesn't tell you squat about how to go about destroying his protection? Theres nothing in there to click on or break or whatever....anyone know the answer to this?

Quote Originally Posted by banecrushr View Post
    Ok, well what I was looking for was the 3 quest for Cheng ho to kill yun, his fighters or whatever they call em, and dispose of his protection...got 2 done killing is easy, but the quest doesn't tell you squat about how to go about destroying his protection? Theres nothing in there to click on or break or whatever....anyone know the answer to this?
    In the first phase, you kill the 4 ads outside, and in the second phase, you kill Yun Rau, and his healer to complete all three quests.