Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The logic behind T4 gear and the need to adjust its stats.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    its nothing to do with how hard it is man.

How would you like it right, if my pvp 10 conq gear was better for tanking t4 then your tier 4 tank gear>??

1- you would not be happy
    2- you would rage and ask why you have to get all those mini tokens to get pvp 10 gear just so you can have the best gear for your raid.

yes you probably pvp too and i do not mean you personally, just using you as im talking to you about it
    haha so true ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    its nothing to do with how hard it is man.

How would you like it right, if my pvp 10 conq gear was better for tanking t4 then your tier 4 tank gear>??

1- you would not be happy
    2- you would rage and ask why you have to get all those mini tokens to get pvp 10 gear just so you can have the best gear for your raid.

yes you probably pvp too and i do not mean you personally, just using you as im talking to you about it
    Hey, I also agree that PVP weapons/gear should be best in PVP and PVE weapons and gear should be the best in PVE.

The solution on how to get there is the issue, many have been thrown out there. Some ideas I think are great, some are not so great.

But when people say to nerf T4 weapons/gear, that's gonna stir up a sh!tstorm from tons of raiders. And yes, lots of these T4 raiders you see with gear also do pvp.

And my comment was directed at someone who I thought was insinuating T4 was easy, and I went off. I did not intend for it to be another pve vs pvp flame.

I think everyone can agree that PVP in this game really needs a hard looking at, from lack of content, lack of progression, lack of goals, lack of pretty much everything, as it's been the redheaded stepchild of AoC development time for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Hey, I also agree that PVP weapons/gear should be best in PVP and PVE weapons and gear should be the best in PVE.

The solution on how to get there is the issue, many have been thrown out there. Some ideas I think are great, some are not so great.

But when people say to nerf T4 weapons/gear, that's gonna stir up a sh!tstorm from tons of raiders. And yes, lots of these T4 raiders you see with gear also do pvp.

And my comment was directed at someone who I thought was insinuating T4 was easy, and I went off. I did not intend for it to be another pve vs pvp flame.

I think everyone can agree that PVP in this game really needs a hard looking at, from lack of content, lack of progression, lack of goals, lack of pretty much everything, as it's been the redheaded stepchild of AoC development time for years.
    T4 Gear does not need any nerfing. You need those stats to be able to do the content and possibly new stuff coming to DS.

What needs to be looked at is the PvP gear, it's not crap but it's not nearly as good as T4 armor. When people say T4 is easy to get- it's much easier to get T4 armor than PvP armor because all you have to do is show up one time and kill a boss and you might get it, as opposed to grinding 700,000 or whatever exp you need to hit PvP 7+. You can't do that overnight, you can get several T4 items in one night if your lucky though. Nobody is saying anything against the difficulty of the content or slandering it, just it's a fact you can (if lucky) instantly receive items by doing it.

Problem just boils down to PvP armor is not terribley impressive outside tank classes, but it's not the worst, the PvP weapons however are (not the shields). The weapons are about on par with t2 weapons, and no constitution with such crap stats really make you wonder if it's just social gear with stats. The PvP armor just needs some tweaking and everything would be fine.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    If Funcom can figure out a way to 'nerf' t4 gear ONLY for pvp then you won't get the pvers all up in arms about it. Seems like every time a pvp change happens (gear or characters) then the pve gets hit.

Maybe some sort of pve stat like what they have for pvp stats.
    Four years of pve upgrades contents and changes. But if they change something for the sake of pvp, oh no, pve'ers all up in arms.

[edited by Drest]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g
    Last edited by Drest; 17th June 2013 at 09:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post

by nerf it i mean in pvp. Like instead of it an item just saying 100 str, it could say 70 str and 30 pve str

same stats total in pve, but would nerf if in pvp a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieulombardi View Post
    Four years of pve upgrades contents and changes. But if they change something for the sake of pvp, oh no, pve'ers all up in arms.

[edited by Drest]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gSQg1i_q2g
    Change pvp stuff to help pvp, just don't meddle with pve items and PVEers will be fine. The pvp change history has shown pve to get hit in the past: if Funcom realizes that pvers are not going to be happy if the pve stats are changed on t4 gear for pvp purposes, when what really needs doing is to fix the pvp stats...then that sounds right.

Unchained minis are going to be required though, as higher pvp gear is just going to make it even harder to get into minis for new players. And no one should be disagreeing that its really rough on a new pvper to get into pvp right now without AAs and gear. Low level pvpers get targeted and likely farmed. That's hard to get up in levels unless they want to bori farm. Which I guess is feasible if you like pvping rocks (I stopped minis after bori came out).

No matter what you say about that, the truth is pvp'ers have suffered longer and harder b/c pve changes than vise versa. Just look at the 1.04 to 1.05 changes, all pve related. Over night it killed open world pvp. All I was saying, is that pve people keep on complaining over the relative smallest of tweaks or potential tweaks - even though history has shown it doesn't affect them greatly. [edited by Drest]

Isn't the issue just that they haven't released new PvP level gear? It seems to me that it's always bounced back and forth between PvE and PvP gear because they don't release new sets at the same time, they stagger the release.

Quote Originally Posted by NavinRJohnson View Post
    Isn't the issue just that they haven't released new PvP level gear? It seems to me that it's always bounced back and forth between PvE and PvP gear because they don't release new sets at the same time, they stagger the release.
    ^^^^^agreed

Adding new PvP gear won't fix the problem though. It will only increase the gap between fresh and vet pvpers. I'd rather keep things the way they are than add more grind. World PvP will never reach it's potential with the current itemization system. I don't care how many new minigame maps they add, it's still not nearly as fun as fighting over turf in the Tarantia Commons, or Keshetta city was. They need to add gangs to join and fight for. Guild war objectives, faction based PvP quests in khitai... anything out in the world to promote conflict. Putting PvP in boxes is why the servers are so empty.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast