Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The logic behind T4 gear and the need to adjust its stats.

Agreed.

Buff up pvp gear or make another set...as long as the new players get unchained minis to gear up and learn to pvp and don't get chased off to pve by pvp10s who like fresh meat and just like to cause mayhem without worrying about mini games getting new players to come in and fight.

There is a reason a lot of people went to set to do pve.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    Agreed.

Buff up pvp gear or make another set...as long as the new players get unchained minis to gear up and learn to pvp and don't get chased off to pve by pvp10s who like fresh meat and just like to cause mayhem without worrying about mini games getting new players to come in and fight.

There is a reason a lot of people went to set to do pve.
    Meh... The only reason I went to set was because I heard more people were playing there. Since Craig Morrison did everything in his power to destroy open world PvP, all we had left was mini-games and they seemed to be more active on Set.

Unchained mini games won't fix PvP. It's a bandaid on a wound that needs a trauma surgeon. The itemization revamp of 1.05 is when the game turned for the worst in the eyes of most PvPers. (no coincidence that's when the pvp servers saw the steepest drops in population) Instead of a complete itemization overhaul, the devs should have made tweaks here and there.

The only reason why we are talking about how OP T4 gear is now, is because of stat creep inherent in the itemization system. Unless PvP is somehow kept seperate (which is what Unchained minis are about) Item creep will continue to widen the gap between new and vet players.

I have already asserted a viable solution in various threads. All items would have hard capped PvP stats on them, regardless of PvE tier. For example, A T1raid weapon would do 100dps against players, and 120dps vs npcs. While a t2 weapon would do 100dps against players and 130 dps against npcs. That way PvEers could progress through content and continue to gear up for more challenging PvE stuff while not becoming over powered in PvP.

PvP progression would be in the form of vanity armors and mounts, consumables and titles/ranks, NPC's publicly praising your prowess (or speaking your name in fear) in cities, access to special quarters in cities like the current guild renown system.

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    Another thread shot down immediately by PvErs.
    sorry but its true.

You guys are making all kinds of excuses to why my argument is flawed etc

When in general you didn't even read through it all nor did you people read what I suggested.

Instead you say you instantly gets defensive.

This is just sad and pathetic
    How about you open such a tread in the pvp forum than? There you will have the most fun qq-ing with others how imbalanced the gear is. You need those kind of stats for gearing up and beating the raid. The gear was not designed for pvp to begin with. If you want skill instead of gear to determeine pvp success wait for the unchained minigames...

I think the main argument here is that PVE armor has been progressing with new updates etc, while PVP gear has been the same for years with no updates. As a result, PVE gear becomes more important (and is easier to obtain) than PVP Bori set.

The new crafting system must have PVP crafting and be a new tier of gear that surpasses dps of t4, but for pvp only (+pvp combat rating stats, etc). That way T4 is still the best armor for killing mobs, and pvp gear is best for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPayne View Post
    I think the main argument here is that PVE armor has been progressing with new updates etc, while PVP gear has been the same for years with no updates. As a result, PVE gear becomes more important (and is easier to obtain) than PVP Bori set.

The new crafting system must have PVP crafting and be a new tier of gear that surpasses dps of t4, but for pvp only (+pvp combat rating stats, etc). That way T4 is still the best armor for killing mobs, and pvp gear is best for pvp.
    I strongly desagree.

Imo, with the craft revamp:

1) all gear should just be gear, equally and u should have like...100 points of possible upgrade on each part (gems, using enchant, other itens, etc...);

2) by pvping, u would "learn" to upgrade ur gear with "pvp" stats (crit rating, tenacity, crit damage rating) and by pveing u should "learn" to upgrade ur gear with pve stats (hate, mana regen, etc...)

3) Of course, pve gear could have "some" pvp stats and vice versa, but u would only be aable to "upgrade" ur gear with the "recipes" or "formulas" u learn by doing pve or pvp. (or droped recipes w/e u want)

4) we have ppl who do pve and pvp well and equally, we should not punish those guys making them grind twice than a pure pver or pure pvper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnPayne View Post

Having to grind for months (in some cases years) for 2 sets of armor to be viable in both game modes is redundant. My solution actually addresses the biggest issues that most Pvpers have with the game, while at the same time doesn't harm PvE progression gameplay.

I love that pve (which I hate) has better gear than top tier in pvp for pvp. It all makes perfect funcom sense.

Imagine if pvp gear was better for raids, oh the qq

Garbage
    Last edited by Mogsters; 15th June 2013 at 00:06.
    Kinaputten

Do something with pvp armor/weapons, that's fine...just don't mess up t4 gear to nerf it for pvping.

Funcom has a tendency to throw the baby out with the bath water: any pvp changes should not affect pve or else you are going to make a lot more people mad than are now.

To answer your question, T4 is that way because it needs to be a progression from Khtai, not T3, or there would be no point in it.

The hit rating has made a big jump from t3 because you now have level 85 mobs.
    Last edited by dubhuir; 15th June 2013 at 00:40.

ya why the hell is T4 easier to get than PvP10 armor. all the badges and grind and half the time minis dont pop

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast