Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: The logic behind T4 gear and the need to adjust its stats.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    if your such a pure pvp'er why arent you pvp 10 yet?

you can still pvp naked if you want no one stops you.

even prior to new pvp lvl's players were leaving game because after pvp5 game had same issue it has today there are no pvp systems
    today people stop playing and/or reroll after reaching pvp10 and get bored playing over and over again same minigames against same people :P.

gear always counted, just gear used to be so crappy as hell.
    i already pointed out the only pre-existing mechanic wich realy added more skill to combat but i guess you missed it focusing on my grammar :P.
    also for years the combo skipping exploit was untouched allowing some melee classes to have upper hand especialy barbs & bs.
    but yeah the skill to combo skip .

i pretty much pointed out all the reasons pvp is fail in this game and let me state again t4 gear inst one of them, its simple lack of pvp systems.

biggest disapointment when kithai came out was kithai factions didnt have any direct impact in pvp i was expecting people in same faction as me to have something similar to a guild tag and gain faction points by killing players oposite faction.
    basicaly i had asumed with all that factions there would be included pvp quests but noooooo.

why you want a return to launch where game was horribad? just so you can pvp naked? you can still do it.
    but yeah a 1.04 server with would be great for some classes but crap for a bunch of others, personaly i would make a new ranger just to play it with combos again.

game was lame at start tosses one shotting everyone hello :P
    gem stacking guardians everywhere just charging and one shotting everyone :P.
    chain cc's like mad no chance to do anything?

but yeah lol lets go back to that .

by the way i cant wait for craft revamp to have more gear options for pvp; despite all requests to make pvp gear any good they dont care so hopefully with craft revamp i can make my own pvp set wich is actualy good for pvp .
    hoping someday they revamp inventory so i can keybind gear to swap faster mid battle extra speed gear and physical/magic mitigation gear.

and people did "great" in crap gear because no one realy knew how to play that well so the faster you were a learner the faster you could farm people worse then you, wich is pretty much valid today especialy melee vs melee, player who knows game can dodge most combo finishers with good movement, and you can dodge with your speed and movement cc's and long casts from mages getting behind them.
    i would clearly say skill is very much part of the game because takes instinct and lots of agility to do that.

if anything game has been perfecting it self to despite not being balanced its getting closer, something wich was ridiculous first year of game wich especialy at lvl80 you had huge imbalances.
    and guess what gear helped reaching that state by allowing classes to perform as intended and with optimal results.

i hope unchained minigames become only type of minigames but from a veteran player point of view not being allowed to use the gear i choose or adjust gear mid fight its crap, and i hope they allow player to use whatever gear he chooses and even swap mid fight gear.

on the other hand its very fair that players joining this new minigame get at least t2 pvp armor by default with access to all aa's even better.

cheers and try and find more grammar errors; im sure i did more then a few
    im so gonna laugh when you face the wrath of the russian hackers lagging you dead
    i guess will be re enactment of the cold war with russians having superior technology with radars, autocomber and basicaly teleporting all over because their latency is so crappy.
    prepare your Cyrillic dictionary , and btw they have t4 gear.
    God youre so ignorant, aren't you a fully T4 pver? Why are you even talking about pvp when you have the slightest clue to what pvp is about?

First of all it takes years of time to reach pvp 10. It dosnt just happen unless you hit the rocks which majority of the pvpers refused to do so.

Gear never counted before, it was a small difference very small. Which encourages skill over gear if this doesn't make sense to you then I suggest you go back to school.

Skill dosnt come from gear you don't even make any sense.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

The amount of QQ when Fury and Tyranny merge is gonna be great. A server full of T4 Russians merging with a server that probably can't do a T1 raid, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    The amount of QQ when Fury and Tyranny merge is gonna be great. A server full of T4 Russians merging with a server that probably can't do a T1 raid, lol.
    I'm so gonna laugh. Mostly cause of how terribly the Tyranny players act towards everyone on these forums as a whole.

The Tryanny players are in for a pain train. The difference is that Russian/European PVP'ers don't sit back and piss and moan about having to raid for gear. They find what gear is the best, and then they saddle up and go get it. I played on the Fury server for a while when I was living in Korea and I can confirm that the Russians don't screw around. They take the bull by the horns instead of crying rivers about "fairness".

The PVP server merge is gonna be popcorn worthy at the very least. I hope it happens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    I'm so gonna laugh. Mostly cause of how terribly the Tyranny players act towards everyone on these forums as a whole.

The Tryanny players are in for a pain train. The difference is that Russian/European PVP'ers don't sit back and piss and moan about having to raid for gear. They find what gear is the best, and then they saddle up and go get it. I played on the Fury server for a while when I was living in Korea and I can confirm that the Russians don't screw around. They take the bull by the horns instead of crying rivers about "fairness".

The PVP server merge is gonna be popcorn worthy at the very least. I hope it happens soon.
    Jump on DW and try PvP. You'll never hear the end of it, if people dont just path or log.

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    if your such a pure pvp'er why arent you pvp 10 yet?

you can still pvp naked if you want no one stops you.

even prior to new pvp lvl's players were leaving game because after pvp5 game had same issue it has today there are no pvp systems
    today people stop playing and/or reroll after reaching pvp10 and get bored playing over and over again same minigames against same people :P.

gear always counted, just gear used to be so crappy as hell.
    i already pointed out the only pre-existing mechanic wich realy added more skill to combat but i guess you missed it focusing on my grammar :P.
    also for years the combo skipping exploit was untouched allowing some melee classes to have upper hand especialy barbs & bs.
    but yeah the skill to combo skip .

i pretty much pointed out all the reasons pvp is fail in this game and let me state again t4 gear inst one of them, its simple lack of pvp systems.

biggest disapointment when kithai came out was kithai factions didnt have any direct impact in pvp i was expecting people in same faction as me to have something similar to a guild tag and gain faction points by killing players oposite faction.
    basicaly i had asumed with all that factions there would be included pvp quests but noooooo.

why you want a return to launch where game was horribad? just so you can pvp naked? you can still do it.
    but yeah a 1.04 server with would be great for some classes but crap for a bunch of others, personaly i would make a new ranger just to play it with combos again.

game was lame at start tosses one shotting everyone hello :P
    gem stacking guardians everywhere just charging and one shotting everyone :P.
    chain cc's like mad no chance to do anything?

but yeah lol lets go back to that .

by the way i cant wait for craft revamp to have more gear options for pvp; despite all requests to make pvp gear any good they dont care so hopefully with craft revamp i can make my own pvp set wich is actualy good for pvp .
    hoping someday they revamp inventory so i can keybind gear to swap faster mid battle extra speed gear and physical/magic mitigation gear.

and people did "great" in crap gear because no one realy knew how to play that well so the faster you were a learner the faster you could farm people worse then you, wich is pretty much valid today especialy melee vs melee, player who knows game can dodge most combo finishers with good movement, and you can dodge with your speed and movement cc's and long casts from mages getting behind them.
    i would clearly say skill is very much part of the game because takes instinct and lots of agility to do that.

if anything game has been perfecting it self to despite not being balanced its getting closer, something wich was ridiculous first year of game wich especialy at lvl80 you had huge imbalances.
    and guess what gear helped reaching that state by allowing classes to perform as intended and with optimal results.

i hope unchained minigames become only type of minigames but from a veteran player point of view not being allowed to use the gear i choose or adjust gear mid fight its crap, and i hope they allow player to use whatever gear he chooses and even swap mid fight gear.

on the other hand its very fair that players joining this new minigame get at least t2 pvp armor by default with access to all aa's even better.

cheers and try and find more grammar errors; im sure i did more then a few
    im so gonna laugh when you face the wrath of the russian hackers lagging you dead
    i guess will be re enactment of the cold war with russians having superior technology with radars, autocomber and basicaly teleporting all over because their latency is so crappy.
    prepare your Cyrillic dictionary , and btw they have t4 gear.
    Nobody wants the bugs and imbalances of 1.04 back. We just want item power to not have such a heavy influence on PvP as it does since 1.05. I'm not worried about the Russians, with their awesome latency... The state of PvP right now is pathetic. The same tin cans running headlong into full groups of enemies and not dying, while being able to dish out more damage than full t2 sins... Pathetic. Something must be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    Nobody wants the bugs and imbalances of 1.04 back. We just want item power to not have such a heavy influence on PvP as it does since 1.05. I'm not worried about the Russians, with their awesome latency... The state of PvP right now is pathetic. The same tin cans running headlong into full groups of enemies and not dying, while being able to dish out more damage than full t2 sins... Pathetic. Something must be done.
    im all foward balancing stuff man.
    lets start by balancing pvp gear so its good gear to do pvp :>.
    unchained minigames with everyone having unlocked aa's + given choice to have t2 pvp gear is win!

not allowing veterans to use the gear we choose to use is fail all you only will see veteran players there on classes wich dont get gimped by using pvp gear.
    btw full t4 sin can dish out max dps and annihilate a tank if he has the skill to do it, a full pvp set sin cant.
    presently gear makes classes work a whole lot more eficiently then if they were naked no surprise there, and i feel game gets very close to balance with soldiers+bs/pom in t2-t3 pvp sets and rest of classes in mix of pvp gear+t4.

your still not mentioning something very special about old game; double tapping at right moment made game a whole lot more skill based then now and that was key factor in small squirmishs and duels.
    you want old skill based pvp to return?
    that will be key factor to revive higher evasion skills and maybe even just import dodge from tsw.

to keep it further on actual topic wich is t4 gear being better gear to do pvp, why not mention prior to t4 gear kithai epic faction gear wich some of those sets have very interesting stats for pvp and at same time ridiculous for pve, like health tap on dps classes, evade, immunity, these stats have key influence in pvp yet they arent part of any pvp armor.

something i hope craft revamp will allow players to adjust.
    in the assumption that crafting revamp allows players to edit the stats they want for pvp, why bother making that gear unless you can use it in all pvp playfields.

all im realy advocating here more then bring back more evasion skills for pvp combat; is dont force players to use gear let us choose gear we want to use but offer t2 pvp armor for the undergeared

gear always mattered and if had ever played a soldier in pvp both open world and minigames/sieges you would know how much gear has impact on performance and has had so since t1 pvp gear .
    when battlekeeps were still worth fighting for having well geared soldiers(in pvp protection sets) and mages(in pve dps sets) was fundamental to stand a chance at winning sieges.
    reading what you post seems you were never involded in too much sieging else you would know this.

from what i do detect is you did or still do a lot of world pvp, and since forever a good barb is ultimate dueling class, with maybe just demo as your anti class or pet necro.
    and world pvp isnt that hot either given most of time your atacking some guy trying to quest with no interest in pvp or is running to his instance to do a raid or group instance.

and king of the hill in keshatta entrance with all the cowards running to the guards with dots to make your team a criminal to exploit you to loose via stupid criminal system...well gets boring after a couple months, plus always one guild/guild alliance ends up having most players and just zergs it.

world pvp for most part is actualy just griefing pve'rs who dont want to pvp at that time or dont even do pvp and are in wrong server, and or ends up invariably to get close to guards where experienced pvp'ers make you a criminal to gain advantage of guards and that pretty much ends the pvp fun.

for most part you have nice pvp when there are no guards around at all and the people involved in fight dont run to guards and fight you back and call theyr friends for back up, that is surely fun, and had great fun in aquilonia in situations like that especialy post 1.05 in common disctrict rooftops pvp madness .

its why i realy like the idea of pvp instances vs pvp servers, choosing pvp instance with no guards pyre/body part system in it and no carebears tryiong to do quests there just people looking to fight sounds great fun to me, as oposed to griefing pver's to boost my kd :P.

in one on one stituations most overpowerd particular class abilities stand out, from lotus overload, taking the shot, retaliation, waves of flame so on so on.
    but even then in duels you can win over any class with any given class if you have the skill and knowledge to do so, and you can do so with less gear dependancy in duels, wich is why i realy hope funcom implements duel arenas with pvp xp rewards i would gladly spend whole day doing such pvp conetnt instead of minigames where i cant even play with 1 friend.

in any team based pvp gear has always made a difference and that has not changed, only gear has been made available to improve class performance.

given minigames are team based objective driven i beg funcom to allow players to be able to sign up again with friends even if they allow only duets to remain duets that would be a good move wich would bring back teamplay to minigames.
    and again please dont force players to use forcefully gear let us have a choice in our gear to use during fights like we have now, but offer at start t2 pvp sets for the undergeared if do so wish to use it.

i would go on about russian skills in pvp but i would just get banned for writting about it, you'll find out soon enough about them im afraid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    God youre so ignorant, aren't you a fully T4 pver? Why are you even talking about pvp when you have the slightest clue to what pvp is about?

First of all it takes years of time to reach pvp 10. It dosnt just happen unless you hit the rocks which majority of the pvpers refused to do so.

Gear never counted before, it was a small difference very small. Which encourages skill over gear if this doesn't make sense to you then I suggest you go back to school.

Skill dosnt come from gear you don't even make any sense.
    first off you can keep your gods im not religious .

yes im a double full t4 pver, who happens to do pvp and have my main char pvp10 wich didnt involve bori to obtain, apart from ganking in bori .

but thats nothing i know quite a few pver's who didnt dig bori and have 50% to pvp11 like me :P, and multiple pvp7's.
    personaly i actualy enjoy the progression and pvp xp gain i would just adjust it by lowering needed pvp xp to get pvp10, from pvp9 to pvp10 that part is nightmarishly slow; and ofc adjust prowess gains by triple amounts so its comparable to mastery gain.

so if i pver have pvp10 char without having digged bori to achieve that why cant you suposedly pro pvp'er who wants to pvp pvp pvp and abominates pve havent gotten to pvp10 yet?

and how can you be the judge of pve t4 gear given you dont even own a set to know in the skin if it makes you op by having it? :P

when i do pvp on my necro, my only pvp10 so far, i mix pvp cloak+neclase and sometimes t3pvp chest for extra protection(if no good magic dealers other team then t4 chest) and rest t4 gear and find that optimal gear at least as necromancers go for pvp to be able to play class to the fullest of my abilities and try help my team win.

gear dont involve skill at all but influeces class performace by vast amounts and class rolls, has much skill as you have on a tank you wont be able to do crap in team based objectives without gear allowing you to do so .

i am a proud student and hope to be one untill i die, i admit my ignorance and shamelessly fight it everyday, seems some people have good skills to discuss without any will to listen.

signed
    a pve'r wanting to pvp with friends again in minigames and willing to pay expantion for pvp open world objectives & guild vs guild pvp objectives

<3
    Last edited by noite80; 21st June 2013 at 15:30.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post

Signed x 100

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    This is dumb.

Tournament mode is not the solution and its a failure.
    In order to play with your friends, you need atleast 5 friends online and another group that is willing to sign up. That there alone limits tournament mode to almost non-active.

tell me how the world of multiplayer games would be like if for example Counter Strike you have to find 5 players friends and another group of 6 players just so you can start a match to play with your friends on the same team? It'd be Chaos no one would bother playing.

This is especially stupid in a game that is based on Group Play.
    U definitely have a point

But if FC changed a bit the tournament mode it could be much more appealing.
    If the minis' quests in tournament mode didn't share the cooldown with the minis' quests in pug mode and if both solo players and small groups (2, 3 or 4 players) could sign the tournament queues I think the tournament format would be as popular as the normal one.
    I think with this little change people would have an incentive to join both queues because they could speed up their pvp progression.
    The new players that don't want to join the tournament mode to prevent being raped by premades could stick to pug mode and the veteran players that hate the pug format filled with noobs, afkers, leavers and KD whores could avoid it.
    I would sign both, that's for sure
    Last edited by talizen; 22nd June 2013 at 23:46.

But what I really think FC should do concerning minis, besides what i've proposed in the last post, is creating a new championship system.

Guild based premade groups (10 or 16 players if JS was included) could sign weekly or monthly big tournaments in which the minigames were pre-scheduled by FC.
    We could have an ingame ranking board where everyone could see the teams and individual players tournament stats.
    Each team could use in the tournament minigames only the players that had signed the tournament previously. Thats why I propose that each premade team should include 4 additional players to assure that there are 6 players (or 12 players if JS is included) available to join each pre-scheduled mini.
    The rewards, besides the public glory of winning the tournaments, could be social gear, name tags, and a big amount of mini tokens, bori tokens and, if possible, new tokens to a new pvp tier 4 gear.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011