Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: No, There IS A Problem with the Game

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    If you're the only person experiencing this issue then how can it logically be a problem with the servers?
    More than likely you are correct. Its not a server issue. But it can be an account issue, or a client issue that may be the cause, which would be funcoms issue. Perhaps he has something that is conflicting on his machine, or his family member is downloading something or streaming something causing a bottleneck.

I too have had ral issues with the authetication server as of late (last week). I have to log out all the way and re-enter to change a toon. Doesnt bother me too much as long as I get on, but given all the technical issues we have had recently, this is a small one. The other day, minis crashed and no one could get in to one. You just cycled through entering and exiting the mini. Clearly not my issue, and everyone experienced it.

Perhaps help him out grizzly, and move it to technical issues. Debating with the community if you are right or wrong is off topic and doesnt help the OP. Let funcom read it and see if there is something going on, its the least you could do IMO.

I have random red bars and get kicked as well. The most frustarting is the ping. I was at 50-60. I live in the us. After the eu servers were moved, I get 150-160. I cannot pvp on my melee. I attack, and you appear behind me. Most of my attacks whiff, even though you are right in front of me, to appear behind me, or hafway across the map seconds later. I get hit from 50m away, then you appear right beside me as I die.

I pretty much only play my ranger now because of that, and still have problems up close.

Not fun, and I seemingly play a lot less because of it. This is all in pvp.

If you're the only person experiencing this issue then how can it logically be a problem with the servers?
    a wise arishanya once said `go see customer service and email em' or whatever else she says when something technical aint working ....

When you make statements saying it is only you experiencing an issue what answer do you expect to receive?
    tell em grizzly, tell em to get lost.... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    a wise arishanya once said `go see customer service and email em' or whatever else she says when something technical aint working ....
    Emailing them does absolutely nothing.

Disable your antivirus/firewall. Remove your router. Disable running programs. Turn off player names. Its due to your ISP.

They will never admit, something with the game is wrong.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

There is a list of port number floating around that AoC uses, if disabling your firewall works it might be worth finding out what these are and allow access. I did that at launch and it fixed alot of my 9k lag spikes (yes they were 9k not 4.8k at launch hehe)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

I've had issues where a certain character of mine couldn't use some hubs and places in khitai like pin-pin, feng-du.

My connection would go red and then log me out, i'd hop on my alt and go to the exact same spot and nothing would happen so it was per character

Here's a youtube video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfXkeTSjj74

It happened so much and with such frequency i literally couldn't play that character because going to zones would make him disconnect and this happened on and off during the course of a month and like usual Funcom staff couldn't do anything about it, i sent him lots of logs, petitions, and they kept saying its on my end, re installed several times but it still kept happening to only this character

Then one day he started working again and hasn't stopped since

The real bitch about that was when my character got disconnected in an town or something when i'd log back in with him still there he'd disconnect again and again, So i'd spend like 5 minutes logging in - moving 2 meters then getting booted- then logging back in and repeating until i was out of the town

I think it had to do with a creation file embedded in their system considering my character was born june 2008 and has been thru so many revamps

But yeah lost about 2 weeks of gameplay and was never refunded

tell em grizzly, tell em to get lost.... -_-
    There are always choices mods can make, and several can be right. However, a mod telling a player to get lost is never a wise choice. But regardless of what is or isn't a wise choice for a moderator to make, there are limits to the choices we have. We cannot fix game issues. We cannot fix lag or latency. We can only 'fix' the forums by keeping them clean and in line with the Social Guidelines Funcom has established.

While the OP of this thread stated he was the only one experiencing issues logging in and lag, which would suggest he needs to contact Customer Support, it is clear throughout this thread (and other threads that have been already posted) that there are multiple people having various issues.

Funcom is working on a fix for stability issues. There is a patch coming out next week. Do not quote me on this, but it is very likely some issues you are all facing may be resolved in this patch. Patience is a virtue remember.

You must also remember that some problems are not easily re-creatable by Funcom. While you may experience the issue often, they may not. And how can they fix what they can't find to be broken? (The Nvidia 600 series comes to mind here.)

For any and all posters of the forums, it is required that you adhere to the Social Guidelines when posting. This ruleset includes searching for threads already open on the topic you wish to discuss, stay on topic, stay constructive, post in the appropriate subsections of the forums (i.e. technical issues in the technical subforum) and do not flame or troll.

It is HIGHLY recommended that you proof read your posts before submitting them, to remove any errors in speech and grammar. The clearer your post is, the more constructive feedback you will receive. If people are unsure of what it is you are saying, they can't be expected to reply properly.

If you wish to continue discussing your issues with the game be mindful of the forum rules. Be mindful of the moderators. Be mindful of each other. For if you are not, infractions will be given, posts will be removed, and this thread will most certainly be closed.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Disable your antivirus/firewall. Remove your router. Disable running programs. Turn off player names. Its due to your ISP.
    ^
    ^
    best way to slow down general performance is to run antivirus and youtube at the same time

It takes me roughly 45 - 60 seconds to connect with the character server each and every time I relog. About 95% of the time I have to enter my password each time I relog.
    I have 11 characters and relog a lot for AA's, for transferring items, for logging chars for dungeons/raids/quests so that's a whole lot of annoyances throughout the day.

It's only this game I have an issue with connectivity wise. No issues whatsoever with the internet or other games. Other people in my guild experience similar issues.

So if he's not the only person experiencing this issue how can it not logically be your a problem with your servers?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast