Thread: What faction for a ToS ?

Question What faction for a ToS ?

Hello guys,

I am leveling a ToS and i wanted to know what faction should i level ?

Thanks

Typically a ToS will go for the Scarlet Circle set, but you need to level multiple factions in order to get all the items you will probably want (they don't all come from the same faction).

http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php?p=armorsets

Have a look there and figure out how you want to itemize.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182883

Check out this thread, similar question to yours was posted here not so long ago.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Mostly Scarlet Circle set for damage/crit.

The Yun hands are better than SC though, entire set is strong and well rounded actually.

Hykranian set is very nice for wisdom/con and heal rating.

Yag-kosha set has prot and highest heal rating.

Scholars is mostly trash Lol.

I like SOJ for the con/cdr pots, they have a decent shield too, otherwise take BB for their quests in KK or the Death's Ward.

Don't forget Jiang Shi, their ring is very nice. I run this ring plus 1 T4 ring.

I have all 5 complete sets on my Tos including wrist/feet. I win :P
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Here's some pvp based information:

In reality, you rarely would be using any faction gear in pvp. If the match is so slanted for you then put on pure sc gear plus sc cloth feet, and yellow priest hands, hoc cape, wolves neck. Then put on double t2 demo talis/t3 pizza slices/necro staffs. The rest of the time you'd be using pvp gear, maybe mixed with sc head/chest/legs.

For the sake of rares/moa/money grind, you'll be faction questing in
    sc - stuff
    bb - ring
    jiang shi - ring

For the rest, choose w/e you want.

Yag kosha b/c it offers some easy quests in relation to rare grind in KK
    Yellow priest only b/c of the potion quest in shaulun
    wolves/hyrk - honestly don't matter. You usually won't be using the wolf neck anyways, but you can grind for it if you like
    Jade shadow after bb since you can get the +con +crit dmg rate moa pots

Another tip would be, once you get to pvp 5, grab the dt tali and guard shield. Switch to it when you're being focused for extra con, armor, protection. Then go back to your main weapons when you're ready to burst dmg.

I got the Eldritch (Children of Yag-Kosha) from Khitai 6 mans.. great all around set.

T3 for vanity.

Then, a T4 set for most encounters.

Good luck dude!
    Gankaskhan - Currently acquiring the Blossoms set.
    Gank
    1. (Am. slang) To steal in a surreptitious or underhanded manner.
    2. (O.L. slang) To gang up on and frag an opponent in an MPG.
    3. (Am. H-Hop) Character assassination.

Quote Originally Posted by sth4485 View Post
    I got the Eldritch (Children of Yag-Kosha) from Khitai 6 mans.. great all around set.
    Great for protection and 3 AA spells.

Na.

If you're talking about overall set I think you're talking about good for both pvp and pve. Yag kosha sucks in that regard except for the helm. Pvp'ing in full yag kosah is plain suicide unless you're just 1v1'ing necros and demos all day. For pve there are easier and or better choices. The protection from full yag isn't even worth mentioning as pvp 5 is so easy to get.

eg
    - hate shoulders and pants from yellow priest
    high con hyrk minor pieces (easier to get from monks) and leg
    scholars chest with both +crit rate and good heal rate

All of which will get similar magic dmg, heal rate but higher crit rate and crits, more con, less hate than full yag kosha.

But all in all in pvp you're either wearing full dps SC (and yellow hands) or pvp or mix of SC/pvp anyways. And unless you need the -hate there's no point hunting for yellow priest unless it's just a lucky drop. T3/4 gear is another issue all together.

Well me i have buy the scarlet cercle chest yesterday !

I will buy soon the 2 other purple pièces who cost 980 MoA.

I need a belt from the fire monastery, shoulder from yun rau palace, and hand from crowmen.

The helm i need the one in ardashir fort, but this is hard instance i think, hard to find a group.