Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shatter - cooldown, ignites other necros as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Harthorg View Post
    I think its about a 2 and half minute cooldown from memory.

and you dont need grip of death, you can use deathly blizzard, paint an area and then shatter up to 12 mobs at once.

So you could have a few necros painting an area with blizzard then shatter as shatter has a larger area then blizzard, you only need the blizzard debuff so you can just do blizzard to 1 tick, then cancel and do shatter straight after.

It will instant kill minions and i think even if its not killing it does quite a bit of damage for each blizzard debuff its breaking. You can also use touch of winter too as others have stated.
    Yeah. When I think about it it might be 2 mins and 30 secs. And i didnt mean that Shatter and GoD was used together. Just that GoD was good in the old days...

Shatter does ok dmg though, but casting one blizz plus shatter every 2.5 mins isnt worth the dps. If shatter had 10 secs cooldown, and Blizzard was a faster channeling spell , i think it could have been useful. (Like PB + Chill)

However... I think you should get to lvl 70, and try all the 70 feats yourself, and use whatever you like. Download a parser, and test.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Harthorg View Post
    I think its about a 2 and half minute cooldown from memory.

and you dont need grip of death, you can use deathly blizzard, paint an area and then shatter up to 12 mobs at once.

So you could have a few necros painting an area with blizzard then shatter as shatter has a larger area then blizzard, you only need the blizzard debuff so you can just do blizzard to 1 tick, then cancel and do shatter straight after.

It will instant kill minions and i think even if its not killing it does quite a bit of damage for each blizzard debuff its breaking. You can also use touch of winter too as others have stated.
    yes, he can do all that, but why would he? the only use of Shatter used to be for Kyliky minions and Seruah adds anyway, now if I would go to the extreme, I would mention Lurker minions as well (haha) .. but all these tasks can be done either with the normal minion killer or just with pure (AoE) dps, so why bother?

speaking of minion oneshots, I tried my maxed out Funeral Rites perk at Lurker and it worked out really nice actually, too bad it´s probably the only endgame use of that perk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    but casting one blizz plus shatter every 2.5 mins isnt worth the dps.
    My only thought of using Shatter was in a group of 3-4 necros. Each guy would drop blizzard, frostblast, iceshackle and touch of winter (like the spell description), then one would blow all 16 effects. And repeat 3-4 times. Not sure about cooldowns on these. Or if one spell might preclude anothers use/effect.

I think what I enjoy most about MMORPGs is group dynamics and combinations - and this sounded kinda cool.

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by Malleable60 View Post
    My only thought of using Shatter was in a group of 3-4 necros. Each guy would drop blizzard, frostblast, iceshackle and touch of winter (like the spell description), then one would blow all 16 effects. And repeat 3-4 times. Not sure about cooldowns on these. Or if one spell might preclude anothers use/effect.

I think what I enjoy most about MMORPGs is group dynamics and combinations - and this sounded kinda cool.

Mal
    I`m not sure where you want to do this? If its normal area, you will kill all mobs after one IS each. If you are doing epic-area, its much better to use SW and Frenzy pets. Either way(normal or epic) you should be able to kill mobs much faster than using Shatter.
    "Du kan ikke knekke en mann uten ryggrad!"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    I`m not sure where you want to do this? If its normal area, you will kill all mobs after one IS each. If you are doing epic-area, its much better to use SW and Frenzy pets. Either way(normal or epic) you should be able to kill mobs much faster than using Shatter.
    Ahhh. Since I four box, and have a group of necros, I thought it might be a nifty combo to try out. I was thinking that Shatter would deal damage based on the number of effects it blew up. And with four necros, and four spells/effects it sounded like a sick amount of damage - that I could do four times.
    But if SW and Frenzy pets are overall faster damage, then I will take that off my cool combo list.

Mal

Ahhh. Since I four box, and have a group of necros, I thought it might be a nifty combo to try out. I was thinking that Shatter would deal damage based on the number of effects it blew up. And with four necros, and four spells/effects it sounded like a sick amount of damage - that I could do four times.
    But if SW and Frenzy pets are overall faster damage, then I will take that off my cool combo list.

Mal
    1 player playing 1 character doing the right thing at right time= eficiency.

1 player multitasking 4 character at same time=disaster.

seriously man you some sort of zen wannabe haxixe doused spiritual Buwana?

i doubt even bruce lee who was maybe fastest reacting human would be able to play 4 characters at same time.

pick one and learn to play it at lvl80 there is the game content.

else post screenshot of yourself levitating while mentaly controling 4 characters at same time via tesla based electro-magnetic resonators straped to your brain and plugged to your computers.

oooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm

ओ३म्
    oooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmm
    http://i.ytimg.com/vi/etSivpBHUmE/0.jpg
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    1 player playing 1 character doing the right thing at right time= eficiency.

1 player multitasking 4 character at same time=disaster.

seriously man you some sort of zen wannabe haxixe doused spiritual Buwana?

i doubt even bruce lee who was maybe fastest reacting human would be able to play 4 characters at same time.

pick one and learn to play it at lvl80 there is the game content.
    I have absolutely no interest in playing one character at at time. Havent done that since EQ.

And hitting four keyboards, with two hands (index fingers and thumbs) lets me time spells. I am pretty efficient.

And I could care less about level 80 content. Dont care about raiding. Dont care about PvP. I like to log in and play for a couple hours. Its ridiculous to me that the "game doesnt start until 80" as I so often hear.

And haxixe would clearly slow down my reflexes.

Mal

I have absolutely no interest in playing one character at at time. Havent done that since EQ.

And hitting four keyboards, with two hands (index fingers and thumbs) lets me time spells. I am pretty efficient.

And I could care less about level 80 content. Dont care about raiding. Dont care about PvP. I like to log in and play for a couple hours. Its ridiculous to me that the "game doesnt start until 80" as I so often hear.

And haxixe would clearly slow down my reflexes.

Mal
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaqQhdt1qqk
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I remember using Shatter in W2, back in the days when BRC was for most of the people an ending station, to clearing minions in pulls after Farty.
    like hell

Shatter is interesting primarily to kill minions. With four necros, I'd use Archmages for massive AoE damage.

Thumbs up on the multiboxing, though. You can do some fun things with AoC and multiboxing. How do you set things up? One rig, two monitors? Which resolution? I've tried starting 4 AoCs, but I've got problems arranging all four on my two monitors, and my PC crashes pretty soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12